Author Topic: Invictus Innovations - Help Wanted!  (Read 18370 times)

Offline arcke

• View Profile
    • Diaspora
Have we found a solution to building Keyhotee on Arch Linux with boost library 1.55 installed?
Code: [Select]
In file included from /usr/include/boost/atomic/detail/platform.hpp:22:0,
                 from /usr/include/boost/atomic/atomic.hpp:17,
                 from /usr/include/boost/atomic.hpp:12,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread/pthread/once_atomic.hpp:20,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread/once.hpp:20,
                 from /usr/include/boost/thread.hpp:17,
                 from /home/arcke/src/keyhotee/BitShares/fc/src/thread/thread_d.hpp:4,
                 from /home/arcke/src/keyhotee/BitShares/fc/src/thread/thread.cpp:5:
/usr/include/boost/atomic/detail/gcc-atomic.hpp: In member function ‘void fc::thread_d::process_tasks()’:
/usr/include/boost/atomic/detail/gcc-atomic.hpp:1081:95: error: invalid memory model for ‘__atomic_exchange’
         return __atomic_exchange_n(&v_, v, atomics::detail::convert_memory_order_to_gcc(order));
                                                                                               ^
BitShares/fc/CMakeFiles/fc.dir/build.make:149: recipe for target 'BitShares/fc/CMakeFiles/fc.dir/src/thread/thread.cpp.o' failed
[/pre]

I wish I had a solution since I have also unsuccessfully tried to compile Keyhotee with boost 1.55 on Arch Linux.

Based on my research (or the best I can do as a non-coder), the file boost/atomic/detail/platform.hpp in boost 1.55 includes a file, boost/atomic/detail/gcc-atomic.hpp, that does not exist in boost 1.54.

Possibly relevant Git revision
Possibly relevant SVN changeset

I am hopeful that this will be resolved by the time that Keyhotee goes live New Year's Eve since having a Keyhotee Founder ID is not particularly useful to me if I cannot simply compile and run Keyhotee on my preferred OS.
I added this issue on git:

https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/keyhotee/issues/35

https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/fc/blob/phoenix/src/thread/thread_d.hpp#L221

pending = task_in_queue.exchange(0,boost::memory_order_consume);
Changing the used memory order in this call to exchange to any of the other memory orderings fixes compilation.

pending = task_in_queue.exchange(0,boost::memory_order_relaxed);
Choose any of:
   memory_order_relaxed
   memory_order_acquire
   memory_order_release
   memory_order_acq_rel
   memory_order_seq_cst

I am not sure if this is correct. I was still not able to install keyhotee into the system root. How to do an install to $HOME?
OpenPGP: 0x22d7e9cc35375665
PTS - PawnbhoiXhmkrKJEPAsCiwkpP81nRXJGTD
Diaspora profile - https://pod.orkz.net/u/arcke

Offline arcke

• View Profile
    • Diaspora
Have we found a solution to building Keyhotee on Arch Linux with boost library 1.55 installed?
/usr/include/boost/atomic/detail/gcc-atomic.hpp: In member function ‘void fc::thread_d::process_tasks()’:
/usr/include/boost/atomic/detail/gcc-atomic.hpp:1081:95: error: invalid memory model for ‘__atomic_exchange’
         return __atomic_exchange_n(&v_, v, atomics::detail::convert_memory_order_to_gcc(order));
                                                                                               ^
BitShares/fc/CMakeFiles/fc.dir/build.make:149: recipe for target 'BitShares/fc/CMakeFiles/fc.dir/src/thread/thread.cpp.o' failed
[/pre]

I wish I had a solution since I have also unsuccessfully tried to compile Keyhotee with boost 1.55 on Arch Linux.

Based on my research (or the best I can do as a non-coder), the file boost/atomic/detail/platform.hpp in boost 1.55 includes a file, boost/atomic/detail/gcc-atomic.hpp, that does not exist in boost 1.54.

I am hopeful that this will be resolved by the time that Keyhotee goes live New Year's Eve since having a Keyhotee Founder ID is not particularly useful to me if I cannot simply compile and run Keyhotee on my preferred OS.
I added this issue on git:

https://github.com/InvictusInnovations/keyhotee/issues/35

Offline Evan

• View Profile
  • BitShares: evan
                                                                                               ^
[/pre]

Offline arcke

• View Profile
    • Diaspora
                                                                                               ^
[/pre]

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline stuartcharles

• View Profile
How many developers do you have on this, just out of interest.

Wish i could help but my skills are not in this area.

Offline bytemaster

Wow, you were using an older version.

10.9 has its own issues as I develop on 10.8... namely Apple moved Open GL.   I recently got things compiled but had to hack the Qt install and use the 5.2 beta :(

I had to create a symbolic link from the old OpenGL header location to the new OpenGL header location.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline leeyt

• View Profile
Oh,QT5.2!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline bytemaster

Wow, you were using an older version.

10.9 has its own issues as I develop on 10.8... namely Apple moved Open GL.   I recently got things compiled but had to hack the Qt install and use the 5.2 beta :(

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
I changed to g++4.8, and this problem is solved.

Then another error occur, I post it here, if anyone know the reason, please tell me, thanks.

[ 49%] Building CXX object fc/CMakeFiles/fc.dir/src/thread/thread.cpp.o
In file included from /usr/local/include/boost/context/all.hpp:10:0,
                 from /Users/cleney/Temp/keyhotee/BitShares/fc/src/thread/context.hpp:3,
                 from /Users/cleney/Temp/keyhotee/BitShares/fc/src/thread/thread_d.hpp:5,
                 from /Users/cleney/Temp/keyhotee/BitShares/fc/src/thread/thread.cpp:5:
/usr/local/include/boost/context/fcontext.hpp:73:48: warning: 'jump_fcontext' initialized and declared 'extern' [enabled by default]
 intptr_t BOOST_CONTEXT_CALLDECL jump_fcontext( fcontext_t * ofc, fcontext_t const* nfc, intptr_t vp, bool preserve_fpu = true);
                                                ^
/usr/local/include/boost/context/fcontext.hpp:73:48: error: 'fcontext_t' was not declared in this scope
/usr/local/include/boost/context/fcontext.hpp:73:48: note: suggested alternative:
In file included from /usr/local/include/boost/context/fcontext.hpp:36:0,
                 from /usr/local/include/boost/context/all.hpp:10,
/usr/local/include/boost/context/detail/fcontext_x86_64.hpp:45:8: note:   'boost::ctx::fcontext_t'
 struct fcontext_t
        ^
/usr/local/include/boost/context/fcontext.hpp:73:61: error: 'ofc' was not declared in this scope
 intptr_t BOOST_CONTEXT_CALLDECL jump_fcontext( fcontext_t * ofc, fcontext_t const* nfc, intptr_t vp, bool preserve_fpu = true);
                                                             ^
/usr/local/include/boost/context/fcontext.hpp:73:66: error: 'fcontext_t' was not declared in this scope
                                                                  ^
compilation terminated due to -fmax-errors=3.

fcontext_t is defined by boost... can you verify that the boost examples compile?

ok, I planned to upgrade osx10.7 to 10.9 and Xcode, and re-intall these dependencies, it may take some time.

I'll feedback if its ok or any update.

Thank you so much.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

I changed to g++4.8, and this problem is solved.

Then another error occur, I post it here, if anyone know the reason, please tell me, thanks.

[ 49%] Building CXX object fc/CMakeFiles/fc.dir/src/thread/thread.cpp.o
/usr/local/include/boost/context/fcontext.hpp:73:48: warning: 'jump_fcontext' initialized and declared 'extern' [enabled by default]
                                                ^
/usr/local/include/boost/context/fcontext.hpp:73:48: error: 'fcontext_t' was not declared in this scope
/usr/local/include/boost/context/fcontext.hpp:73:48: note: suggested alternative:
In file included from /usr/local/include/boost/context/fcontext.hpp:36:0,
                 from /usr/local/include/boost/context/all.hpp:10,
/usr/local/include/boost/context/detail/fcontext_x86_64.hpp:45:8: note:   'boost::ctx::fcontext_t'
 struct fcontext_t
        ^
/usr/local/include/boost/context/fcontext.hpp:73:61: error: 'ofc' was not declared in this scope
                                                             ^
/usr/local/include/boost/context/fcontext.hpp:73:66: error: 'fcontext_t' was not declared in this scope
                                                                  ^
compilation terminated due to -fmax-errors=3.

fcontext_t is defined by boost... can you verify that the boost examples compile? 

Offline bytemaster

What version of boost?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

boost version is 1.54.0 install from source.

Ok, I am back from Thanksgiving with the family and will be able to look into build instructions.

Offline leeyt

• View Profile
I am a programmer,and I am always pay attention on this.Perhaps I could help you on this projection.
I am going to set up the Keyhotee project on my Linux.
After a shorter time for examing,I will give the result that I can do it or not.
After all ,I am always working on Linux,I can read out bitcoin- master source.(sorry for my bad in English)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
What version of boost?

boost version is 1.54.0 install from source.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bytemaster

What version of boost?