Author Topic: Alternative GUI for BitShares  (Read 7045 times)

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
very nice working  +5% +5%
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline CalabiYau

like the style, well done !  +5%

Offline robrigo

Just a heads up- seeing a web server landing page when I try to visit your main website. DNS problem?
I'm sorry about this, there has to be a DNS problem outside my home country and it's hard for me to fix it as I'm no expert in this area. Everything works fine in my browser but you are not the first one to report problems accessing our URLs.
I wonder if using a free service like cloudflare.com for DNS would help... you point your DNS records to them and they provide some services like cdn,  free ssl, etc.

hey for those who don't able to access neura.sx - here some screens

http://imgur.com/a/iRPot
Thanks cass,  their site looks polished and the other projects sound interesting.  Hope you can figure out the DNS problem @jakub!

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Just a heads up- seeing a web server landing page when I try to visit your main website. DNS problem?
I'm sorry about this, there has to be a DNS problem outside my home country and it's hard for me to fix it as I'm no expert in this area. Everything works fine in my browser but you are not the first one to report problems accessing our URLs.
I wonder if using a free service like cloudflare.com for DNS would help... you point your DNS records to them and they provide some services like cdn,  free ssl, etc.

hey for those who aren't able to access neura.sx - here some screens

http://imgur.com/a/iRPot
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 06:43:22 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Thanks for that. This would mean our Java GUI can be the first pre-compiled BitShares GUI available on Linux.
I'm trying to run the console client (v.6.2) on Ubuntu (v.14.04.2) , it runs without errors but does not seem to be able to sync with the blockchain. I'll have to look into it further but if anyone has any advice I'd be grateful.
If you have downloaded the most recent version (0.6.2) and have no network issues then the client will start download blocks eventually.
You can check the progress with "info".

One more question, regarding installing and running BitShares on Mac OS.
On Windows after installing BitShares I get two executable files: BitShares.exe (which is the GUI) and bitshares_client.exe (which is the console version). Is there a similar set-up on Mac? In other words - is it possible to run a console-only BitShares client on Mac as it is on Windows?
No idea .. but ther should be a CLI version too.. seems not to be prepacked .. (what a mess)

jakub

One more question, regarding installing and running BitShares on Mac OS.
On Windows after installing BitShares I get two executable files: BitShares.exe (which is the GUI) and bitshares_client.exe (which is the console version). Is there a similar set-up on Mac? In other words - is it possible to run a console-only BitShares client on Mac as it is on Windows?

jakub

I have a very basic question: does the official BitShares GUI work on Linux? I'm trying to install it on a Ubuntu virtual machine but all I seem to get after the download is a console client, not the GUI.
I'm not familiar with Linux so I might be doing something wrong.
I think the prebuild binary does not contain the GUI ..
If you are brave you can compile it on your own .. there is a howto in the wiki
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Developer/Build
Thanks for that. This would mean our Java GUI can be the first pre-compiled BitShares GUI available on Linux.
I'm trying to run the console client (v.6.2) on Ubuntu (v.14.04.2) , it runs without errors but does not seem to be able to sync with the blockchain. I'll have to look into it further but if anyone has any advice I'd be grateful.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I have a very basic question: does the official BitShares GUI work on Linux? I'm trying to install it on a Ubuntu virtual machine but all I seem to get after the download is a console client, not the GUI.
I think the prebuild binary does not contain the GUI ..
If you are brave you can compile it on your own .. there is a howto in the wiki
http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Developer/Build

jakub

Offline robrigo

jakub

Offline robrigo

Offline yellowecho

Great initiative looks cool !  8)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Also, is there a test blockchain we could use? (so far all my test have been done in live environment using a test wallet with a small amount of bts but I do realize we need a testing process better than this)
Yes there is ..
it's called XTS and is the develop branch AFAIK:
https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/tree/develop

There are also some publicly known private keys for XTS that carry funds so you can test but I can't find the URL atm :(

Please note, that there also is DevShares which is like an intermediate network in between XTS and BTS!

//edit: found it:
https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/blob/develop/dev-test-keys.txt
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 02:39:21 pm by xeroc ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ »