Author Topic: exchange is a big bomb!  (Read 7762 times)

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
We should have BitUSD and bitCNY volume registering under BitShares on CMC as well as under the BitAssets

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
and BTC38 have do nothing to prove their balance is true.
so this is a very big bug!
exchange can control the price very easy, I will not surprise even BTS down to zero.

You know which exchange we actually can trust to be honest? The BitShares decentralized exchange.  :)

It may be too soon, but my hope is that we can have the vast majority of BTS trading volume happen on the BitShares DEX in the near future. We likely need secure lightweight/web wallets with exchange support before that can happen though. We also need a multisig protected BTC gateway UIA. @dannotestein, what will it take to get TRADE.BTC protected by multisig (on both BTC reserve side and TRADE.BTC UIA side) in a easy-to-deploy solution that can be utilized by some subset of the delegates? I think the money-making part should be left to the bridge service and that the gateway should be more of a public good for the BTS community (it should still be profitable to operate though) which means making this easy-to-deploy software solution open source and allowing a subset of the delegates operate it with low profit margins.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Well, every one of us could remove 100% of our BTS from all the exchanges, and see what happens.   (And it could greatly increase voting as well and make the network more secure).

Almost all my BTS is now off of exchanges, only small trading positions left.

I second that.  The Bter hack is a reminder to us that we should not take chances. Your money is safer in your own wallet.

now, almost all BTS trades at BTC38
so please make BTS to more exchange especially out of China , and push exchange to prove they are trusted.
this is a very emergency  task!

We do need to spread the trades to other exchanges. Poloniex seems good and reliable.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
Totally agreed. Why don't we trade on BTS:BitUSD / BTS:BitCNY markets?
it's the best market, but it's not enough, there is not enough volume for BITUSD and BITCNY.
we still need fiat gateway for iou USD,CNY....

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Totally agreed. Why don't we trade on BTS:BitUSD / BTS:BitCNY markets?
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Well, every one of us could remove 100% of our BTS from all the exchanges, and see what happens.   (And it could greatly increase voting as well and make the network more secure).

I agree that some proof that exchanges are not running on a fractional reserve would be very good.  The weirdness and quantity of dumping on bter right before they went down was pretty suspicious, and I was extremely worried when they came back up but didnt allow withdrawals. 

Almost all my BTS is now off of exchanges, only small trading positions left.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
I already sold all my BTS, doesn't look good.
BTSX TipMe: bluebit

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
now, almost all BTS trades at BTC38
and BTC38 have do nothing to prove their balance is true.
so this is a very big bug!
exchange can control the price very easy, I will not surprise even BTS down to zero.

so please make BTS to more exchange especially out of China , and push exchange to prove they are trusted.
this is a very emergency  task!