Author Topic: Beyond Bitcoin (BTS) Hangout w/ Bytemaster @ 10AM EST Friday *Welcome Back*  (Read 5596 times)

Offline Thom

In a bit of a hurry this morning, so not sure if it's been asked above.

My questions:

• Who are the PR review board members, and what criteria will they use to vet info for public consumption?

• What is in place that gives <whoever instigated this PR change> the assurance that Stan & Dan will first think to raise issues to new review bd?

• What issues were discussed by stan/dan/review bd to prep for today's mumble?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 01:31:29 pm by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline bubble789

• View Profile

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Welcome back indeed.

A number of events happened since the last mumble update. They have affected the community considerably.  I like to ask the following:

1) There was an announcement of a Spokeman (James??) and it seems this Spokeman has disappeared.  What went on that lead to the selection of this Spokeman?  Were you under pressured? Why the subsequent change of direction?

2) There were a number of incidents pertaining to trigger-happy deletion of forum threads of which some important issues were being discussed.  Is a new form of censorship taking place?  Who are the current mods?  How are they being selected? What are their responsibilities and accountabilities?

3) There was a point raised by NewMine that some Chinese whales are controlling the dev team.  Can you comment on that?

4) 30m FMV (adding to xeroc's).  The community has raised questions about it.  How do you evaluate the performance of FMV at this point in time?   Do you think they deserve the 30m?

5) The exchange has recently created havoc by electing errand delegates that were voted down by shareholders.  How much shares does the dev team have (percentage to total supply)?  How much do the closely-linked Chinese whales have?  Do we have sufficient shares to counter exchanges' votes?
« Last Edit: March 20, 2015, 04:28:57 am by cube »
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

- In the last month what are the top 5 factors that have impacted the market cap of BitShares the most?

- Can there be a system implemented to remove 'offline' delegates from the network to keep what happened with random delegates being voted in that did not even have servers online. Is there some kind of parameter that already exists? This would be a sort of trimming measure to keep dead delegates from filling up empty space. I recommend after 30 days without connectivity to the network. This is in response to the same thing milkmeat is asking about.

- Any chance we can see canceled orders not be charged transaction charges?

That's about all I can think of for now...  +5%

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Riverhead

I'd like to hear his thoughts about the pressure being put on him from chinese whales considering the 30m FMV stake

</rumors>

No beating around the bush. I like your style :).

Offline milkmeat

• View Profile
  • BitShares: milkmeat
Recently the delegates were messed up because btc38 accidentally vote for random delegates when they move their cold wallet balance.
what is the developer's take from this accident?

How should we improve the client to prevent it from happening unintentionally again?
In case some exchange do it intentionally in the future, what is the best reaction plan for all stake holders?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I'd like to hear his thoughts about the pressure being put on him from chinese whales considering the 30m FMV stake

</rumors>

Offline spartako

• View Profile
wallet_account_set_approval spartako

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline fuzzy

This Hangout is w/ Bytemaster of BitShares SuperDAC

Please ask questions below. 

Follow the twitter: @Beyond_Bitcoin
Retweet This Week's Hangout [ANN]!

Or better yet--Join us!  For updates on upcoming events, attend, record and report live from our Mumble Server!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 04:30:50 pm by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D