Author Topic: [ANN] Marketing.Methodx Reboot  (Read 5917 times)

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx
are you getting the funds already alocated or what happend to them?

They went to MethodX (it paid him 57200 every two weeks). What he did with them was buy ads on TOR, start nullstreet, etc. Our delegate account had about 30k BTS in undistributed pay which I have moved to the internal bot.

Method-x sent 291k BTS to me for LIME wallet and further development ... i'm escrowing funds for elmato & pablo!
He has done a lot for BitShares... so i'm thinking its not fair to say he's just gone…
I know the problem we had in past with marketing .. i'm aware of .. :)

Just came here to confirm all remaining delegate funds were sent to Cass for LimeWallet marketing. Before that a minor amount of funds were spent on Tor Ads and giveaways. If things cool down in regard to the marketing firm I run, I may return.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

The value MethodX brought to the community and ecosystem as a whole is undeniable. However he has many irons in many fires and other projects that pay his rent. It'll be a good day if/when he returns but I'm sure it comes as no surprise to anyone that he doesn't do anything halfway.

Lastly it should be said that he didn't leave in the same sense as other marketing folks. The big difference being that his only compensation was our delegate and those funds went to pay for ads, reddit giveaways, and other marketing efforts.

I wish him well in whatever project he's working on. He certainly left BitShares in better shape than he found it.

well said !!!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

TurkeyLeg

Community,

As many of you know Methodx and myself were one of the first business/technical partnerships. While Methodx's work speaks for itself I played a lesser role of keeping the lights on, handling payments, etc. Sadly Methodx has decided to move on from BitShares which means the delegate falls to me as the remaining business partner. In the interest of transparency and full disclosure this post will describe my new plans for the funds. I welcome your feedback. If the delegate gets voted out that's fine too however I think that would be a wasted opportunity.

During the Mumble of Friday, March 19th, 2015 there was a brief conversation with BM about market making bots, their importance in bootstrapping the ecosystem (liquidity), and where they are needed most. To this end I will be allocating 100% of marketing.methodx income to liquidity bots. While the trading strategy and details won't be public the funds going in to, and out of, the bot from this income source will be (link coming).

The mechanics of this are quite simple. There are already scripts in place that pay 95% of income to MethodX for marketing activities and 5% to myself for operations. The script will be updated to transfer 100% of income to the various marketing market making bots.

In order of priority:
1) Internal bot on the bitUSD/BTS pair.
2) Yunbi bot on the bitUSD/BTC pair
3) metaexchange bot on the <various>/BTC pairs.

Thank you. I look forward to your feedback.

James aka Riverhead.

+5% Voted.

Excellent proposal and repurposing of an existing delegate.

Thank you Riverhead!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Riverhead

The value MethodX brought to the community and ecosystem as a whole is undeniable. However he has many irons in many fires and other projects that pay his rent. It'll be a good day if/when he returns but I'm sure it comes as no surprise to anyone that he doesn't do anything halfway.

Lastly it should be said that he didn't leave in the same sense as other marketing folks. The big difference being that his only compensation was our delegate and those funds went to pay for ads, reddit giveaways, and other marketing efforts.

I wish him well in whatever project he's working on. He certainly left BitShares in better shape than he found it.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

They went to MethodX (it paid him 57200 every two weeks). What he did with them was buy ads on TOR, start nullstreet, etc. Our delegate account had about 30k BTS in undistributed pay which I have moved to the internal bot.

Method-x sent 291k BTS to me for LIME wallet and further development ... i'm escrowing funds for elmato & pablo!
He has done a lot for BitShares... so i'm thinking its not fair to say he's just gone…

it is just - he left without saying anything. It is just that i go for a walk to get cigarettes and will never return! I think we deserve better and it damages methodx picture - just my own opinion here!

any opinion appreciated! :)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

it is just - he left without saying anything. It is just that i go for a walk to get cigarettes and will never return! I think we deserve better and it damages methodx picture - just my own opinion here!

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 09:41:43 pm by cass »

Xeldal

I am open to opinions on which pairs to support. The list in the OP was just a stake in the ground. As funds build all the MPA pairs will be supported.

Edit: Ah I just noticed that Yunbi switched their BTC:BitUSD market which is good. I think more MM there would be good too.

I'm currently making this market at yunbi.  There is almost no action there most of the time.  As volume increases, I'll devote more funds to that market.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
I am open to opinions on which pairs to support. The list in the OP was just a stake in the ground. As funds build all the MPA pairs will be supported.

Thanks Riverhead.

Well my opinion is that for the internal markets, nothing else matters. If a bitcoiner sees a chart of bitUSD:BTS he will ask "why should I care?" A BitBTC:BitUSD market with a fat orderbook will make him ask "why do i have my money at risk on bitstamp?"

The BitUSD:BTS market is for people who are already excited about our system, and there seems to be volume there already.

Edit: Ah I just noticed that Yunbi switched their BTC:BitUSD market which is good. I think more MM there would be good too.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 09:25:28 pm by speedy »

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
I didn't read that he left, so maybe others are also suprised!

Is this just another marketing guy quitting, before anything happens?

I have the feeling, that this community fails everytime someone ones to do "marketing". So i support your idea 100%, because this will make trading better and we should provide function, better market solutions and the smart traders will come, because the centraliced exchanges they are all sucking.

Just an example, i transfered small amounts to poloniex to try it and i am waiting since 3 days for the confirmation. The support answered for 2 days, they are looking into the problem. It is really - LOL!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 09:20:59 pm by Shentist »

Offline Riverhead

Offline Riverhead

Why is the internal market BitBTC:BitUSD not a priority (why is it not in your list)? Ill vote for you if you use the funds to do MM 50% on BitBTC:BitUSD and 50% on BitBTC:BitCNY. Those markets are finally being added to the exchange frontpage soon. Then we can finally share this link around: https://wallet.bitshares.org/#/market/BitBTC:BitUSD/Guest/buy

We will never attract users unless we can let them trade Bitcoin vs dollars.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Why is the internal market BitBTC:BitUSD not a priority (why is it not in your list)? Ill vote for you if you use the funds to do MM 50% on BitBTC:BitUSD and 50% on BitBTC:BitCNY. Those markets are finally being added to the exchange frontpage soon. Then we can finally share this link around: https://wallet.bitshares.org/#/market/BitBTC:BitUSD/Guest/buy

We will never attract users unless we can let them trade Bitcoin vs dollars.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 08:20:59 pm by speedy »

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc