Author Topic: BitShares 0.8.0 Feedback  (Read 15864 times)

Offline svk

When using "burn records" on someone's wall, why is it changing to "against" every time no matter what is selected (for/against)?

Which color indicates your selection (green/white)? No matter which we try it ends up as same result, against.
I've fixed this this morning, was due to a change in the json response from the client.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline svk

Short margin calls on expiry will buy up any asks up to 10% above feed.

Only due to a current bug, they should be at the feed price, at least that's what the people who know this better than me have told me (arhag, pc).

Margin called shorts however should execute at feed price +10%

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
Take a look at the bitUSD:BTS market right now. The market matching seem to not be fixed after all  :(  :'(

feed 222.3416 
Shorts at that price do not match with the buy bitUSD at 226 or 225;
Expired shorts do not match either.

Yea I've been watching this too for the last hour while working on the wallet, what makes everything even stranger is that there are trades happening but at ~246 BTS/bitUSD, more than 10% above the feed price at the time.

Here's a dedicated thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15668.msg201291.html#msg201291

Short margin calls on expiry will buy up any asks up to 10% above feed.

Offline svk

Take a look at the bitUSD:BTS market right now. The market matching seem to not be fixed after all  :(  :'(

feed 222.3416 

Yea I've been watching this too for the last hour while working on the wallet, what makes everything even stranger is that there are trades happening but at ~246 BTS/bitUSD, more than 10% above the feed price at the time.

Here's a dedicated thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15668.msg201291.html#msg201291

zerosum

feed 222.3416 

Offline onceuponatime

hmm, I did make an account on a mac computer a while ago and then made another with the same name on my PC...

I don't think your issue is 0.8.0 related.

Maybe you would be better off to start a new thread in the Technical Support area:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/board,45.0.html 

Someone there will see your situation and help you out.

You should give as much information as possible, such as

- is the same account name registered in one wallet and not registered in the other?

- did you import your backup from the Mac to the PC?

- did you already collect some vested balances in the account on the MAC?

- anything else you can think of about your situation.

I'm sure that someone will have the solution for you.  Good luck  :)

Offline swedespade

• View Profile
    • About me
hmm, I did make an account on a mac computer a while ago and then made another with the same name on my PC...
Working on media. A little extra goes a long way:)
BTC: 1FPc7dMfwS2j9HRDyxZxft29Ti57p5jum6
Cryptsy: 76331613e1e44f0f7e7f838c6df4c4e404150f4a

Offline onceuponatime

Do you have more than one account?

I have more than one account in my wallet, and I get that message on all but one account.

Offline swedespade

• View Profile
    • About me
Hi guys. I am trying to collect vested balanced, but the console is giving me this error...

>> wallet_collect_vested_balances swedishspade

20010 insufficient_funds: insufficient funds

{"account_name":"swedishspade"}
    bitshares  wallet.cpp:2340 bts::wallet::wallet::collect_account_balances

{"account_name":"swedishspade","sign":true}
    bitshares  wallet.cpp:2382 bts::wallet::wallet::collect_account_balances

{}
    bitshares  common_api_client.cpp:6197 bts::rpc_stubs::common_api_client::wallet_collect_vested_balances

{"command":"wallet_collect_vested_balances"}
    bitshares  cli.cpp:626 bts::cli::detail::cli_impl::execute_command

I also cant check my balance via the console

WINDOWS 8.1 | BITSHARES V 8.0 | REGISTERED USERNAME: swedishspade
last worked on Fab 20th 2015

Any ideas are much appreciated
Thanks!
Working on media. A little extra goes a long way:)
BTC: 1FPc7dMfwS2j9HRDyxZxft29Ti57p5jum6
Cryptsy: 76331613e1e44f0f7e7f838c6df4c4e404150f4a

Offline onceuponatime

Is it just me, or is BTS:NOTE screen much much much slower than BTS:BitUSD?

They are both the same for me.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Is it just me, or is BTS:NOTE screen much much much slower than BTS:BitUSD?

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I recently hit some issues with 0.8.

I tried enabling RPC and this triggered a full blockchain re-download which took a few hours.
While this was happening, I set the logout automatically to a really big number like 40000000000 or something. This triggered a bug rendering the wallet completely unusable with the timing out screen rapidly appearing and disappearing. I couldn't fix this from removing the config etc and in the end had to restore from a backup wallet.
It could be a bug about bound overflow. I usually set the timeout to 99999999 with no problem (around 3 years).

The wallet parameter is stored in wallet database, not in config.json, so deleting the config file doesn't help.

Just a note, when the GUI getting unusable, you could try the command line if you're under linux/windows.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 02:35:23 pm by abit »
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
I recently hit some issues with 0.8.

I tried enabling RPC and this triggered a full blockchain re-download which took a few hours.
While this was happening, I set the logout automatically to a really big number like 40000000000 or something. This triggered a bug rendering the wallet completely unusable with the timing out screen rapidly appearing and disappearing. I couldn't fix this from removing the config etc and in the end had to restore from a backup wallet.

Since then I have been struggling to re-obtain my correct balances even after a full blockchain re-download and several rescans. I have used several of my backup files but the client seems to refuse to allow the balance to go above what it was at the time of backing up. Also, for some of my older backup files it just says "incorrect password" when I'm 100% I was entering it correctly. I am going to try and regenerate keys as a last resource as I have tried everything else from here: http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/Best_Practices/RecoverFunds

EDIT: I have successfully recovered all of my funds through re-generating keys :)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 09:19:06 pm by mdj »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
In the folder "Library/Application Support/BitShares" there is a subfolder called "chains" ... remove just that one!!

Why there isn't a command to do that is beyond me. It's like a mandatory step for every upgrade.
Version 0.8.0 was the ONLY one that didn't do the reindexing after the update automatically ... and devs decided to have a reindex forced after all updates in future releases again ..

so sorry for the inconvenience .. won't happen again

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
In the folder "Library/Application Support/BitShares" there is a subfolder called "chains" ... remove just that one!!

Why there isn't a command to do that is beyond me. It's like a mandatory step for every upgrade.