Author Topic: Peter Todd about privacy  (Read 2125 times)

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
No . TITAN is not that super secret .
TITAN has the same level of anonymity as Bitcoin .

Just harder to reveal , but given enough time and connection , TITAN can be tracked .

Yes, TITAN is about stealth addresses.  It provides a basic level of privacy to a user's transactions.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

Just harder to reveal , but given enough time and connection , TITAN can be tracked .
Actually, it isn't a matter of perfect anonymity as much as cost effectiveness of mass collection..
+5%

Zerocash usage will simply get the users targeted by the CIA. Expect to be put under surveillance for years just for downloading it. Why wouldn't they?

But if millions of people download it then it's no longer cost effective for them to monitor people using it.  At this point they probably know everyone using Zerocash and everyone developing it.

Intelligence agencies probably also know all the developers and people involved with all the crypto projects. They have billions of dollars to do nothing but spy on people.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 08:00:18 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2zrdxz/withdrawals_halted_as_stolen_evolution_coins_make/

Peter: "We're going to find out the hard way that Bitcoin will get outcompeted by currencies like Monero and Zerocash if we don't act to get better anonymity and privacy into Bitcoin itself."

TITAN is useful. :)

TITAN is just proper Bitcoin. It's no more private than Bitcoin is. Delegate voting actually make it less private than Bitcoin is.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline onceuponatime

There is a difference between anonymity and privacy. Privacy I am totally behind 100%.. anonymity is a bit more of a complex concept that often seems to be associated with the sole purpose of skirting taxes or operating in darknets.

Privacy controls though are a nobrainer to me... as I write this on a public forum.. on the Internet. :P

Interesting topic! I would be open to debating anonymity. (I probably don't share your viewpoint, but hey, maybe we could find some common ground).

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

There is a difference between anonymity and privacy. Privacy I am totally behind 100%.. anonymity is a bit more of a complex concept that often seems to be associated with the sole purpose of skirting taxes or operating in darknets.

Privacy controls though are a nobrainer to me... as I write this on a public forum.. on the Internet. :P
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline bobmaloney

He is right.

The market for Darkcoin is showing us market demand for privacy (it is obviously very valuable due to the high price of a coin that is essentially a placeholder for Zerocoin).

Question if anyone is willing to entertain it:

Will it be possible to create a Zerocoin-type UIA within Bitshares that will allow for some amount of coin "purification" by trading into and out of?

*Edit: for the cleans
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 07:18:14 pm by bobmaloney »
"The crows seemed to be calling his name, thought Caw."
- Jack Handey (SNL)

Offline fuzzy

Actually, it isn't a matter of perfect anonymity as much as cost effectiveness of mass collection..
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2zrdxz/withdrawals_halted_as_stolen_evolution_coins_make/

Peter: "We're going to find out the hard way that Bitcoin will get outcompeted by currencies like Monero and Zerocash if we don't act to get better anonymity and privacy into Bitcoin itself."

TITAN is useful. :)
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.