Author Topic: INVESTORS: You might wanna get in to BitShares and QUICK  (Read 9142 times)

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Luckybit looking like a genius so far
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Tuck Fheman

Are u blue meanie on twitter by chance?

I seriously doubt that.

Because I still believe Bitshare can be a great product

Yeah, not the same person.

If it is, they're playing games.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 01:55:08 am by Tuck Fheman »

Offline fuzzy

#1 The price is about to top Ripple:
http://coinmarketcap.com
Ripple's Management has departed as well.

The Darkcoin/Dash pump is over.

Good news everywhere; Moonstone, centralized Exchanges are being hacked every week, DPOS-powered PeerTracks will set the social sites on fire, ByteMaster (and others) are bringing in Partners, Let's Talk Bitcoin (the Bitcoins & Gravy show) is about to do a 30min interview with the "Peer to Peer 2015" roadcrew........ man, too much good news to ignore now.

$5, $10, $500, whatever you can afford.
Get in now.
This is the 1 investment in your lifetime that you'd better not miss.

If ByteMaster would code more than writing all those articles the price wouldn't be so low, I'm glad I left Bitshares and went into Dash, I made almost all my money back that I lost from the Bitshares price drop by moving to a developer that works harder than anyone I know. I invest in active developers, not in college students that lean back hoping that people give them cash for their wallet that isn't the best. If you want Bitshares to succeed create a better product, where are the on-ramps? Not seeing much progress that was promised.

So, tell me, why are you posting here instead of on the Dash forum?

Because I still believe Bitshare can be a great product, but it's has very poor management and the devs are slow compared to the competition.

Real innovation is much harder and thus time consuming bluebit. Are u blue meanie on twitter by chance?  "Dash" is POW and it's lies (aka "instant transactions" that actually take 20 seconds+) have been spread far and wide by the cult of pow miners who enjoy the media infrastructure in place from bitcoin.  All I'm reading here is FUD.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 01:34:53 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline bluebit

• View Profile

Good news everywhere; Moonstone, centralized Exchanges are being hacked every week, DPOS-powered PeerTracks will set the social sites on fire, ByteMaster (and others) are bringing in Partners, Let's Talk Bitcoin (the Bitcoins & Gravy show) is about to do a 30min interview with the "Peer to Peer 2015" roadcrew........ man, too much good news to ignore now.

Get in now.

If ByteMaster would code more than writing all those articles the price wouldn't be so low, I'm glad I left Bitshares and went into Dash, I made almost all my money back that I lost from the Bitshares price drop by moving to a developer that works harder than anyone I know. I invest in active developers, not in college students that lean back hoping that people give them cash for their wallet that isn't the best. If you want Bitshares to succeed create a better product, where are the on-ramps? Not seeing much progress that was promised.

Because I still believe Bitshare can be a great product, but it's has very poor management and the devs are slow compared to the competition.
BTSX TipMe: bluebit

Tuck Fheman

If ByteMaster would code more than writing all those articles the price wouldn't be so low

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Not that I really mind quoting myself all that much...

There are many factors that affect price in the young and often illiquid crypto markets.  These include deliberate disinformation, rumors, speculation, outright manipulation and inexperienced investors making superficial decisions to buy and sell at all the wrong times based on what they see the herd doing.

This is all fine, but if you are investing, not gambling, then you will be most successful if you do your homework and thoroughly understand the leadership, developers, technology, businesses, and supporting community behind each investment.

Predicting where a rocket will be at sometime in the future does not have much to do with its current position.  The more derivatives you look at (velocity, acceleration, etc.) and the better understanding of outside forces (like thrust and drag and gravity and bugs on the windshield) you have, the better your prediction will be.

Market cap = position which is a imperfect lagging indicator reflecting what real and imaginary forces have acted on an asset in the past.  There is no substitute for doing your homework to understanding the forces that are currently acting on the asset you are considering.

Most amateur FUD is just bugs on the windshield.

Knowledge and understanding are the ultimate proof of work.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Tuck Fheman

So Ken, you fixed your wallet issues I guess?  ;)

Offline onceuponatime

Get in now.

Offline bluebit

• View Profile

Get in now.

BTSX TipMe: bluebit

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
everything looking neat

the way i see it is things are gonna get real interesting if we stabilize 10x from here

making 10x our investments is "pretty cool"

the effects on the ecosystem would be "completely awesome"

Offline fuzzy

The coders here are absolute genius.
The professionalism in the community, the mumbles, bitshares tv, just the language used here in the forum is so refreshing.
I'm luvin it. ™

+5% well said. These are also the reasons that, regardless of the price or the market cap, keep me excited to no end about this project and why I'm here for the long haul, too

And your claims are backed by... "wishful thinking"? I would have to disagree on the quality of development. Toast is the only one on the Dev team I have really high respect for. Dan comes a close second, but I think his stubbornness has actually impacted the growth of this ecosystem negatively.

When the price is down, there are no interesting forum posts, or things seem a bit on the quiet side, I usually go to the github page and look at the source code and the discussion threads on the github issues, and I immediately regain all confidence in the project. As a c++ coder myself, I regard the BitShares source code as one of the highest quality I have seen in a c++ project. People shouldn't forget that it's been less than a year since BitShares was officially released, and even though some bugs still need to be ironed out, and some optimizations performed in order to provide a stunning user experience, the basic design is really strong and the one that makes most sense to me as of right now in the crypto scene.

All this^^
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline wackou

The professionalism in the community, the mumbles, bitshares tv, just the language used here in the forum is so refreshing.
I'm luvin it. ™

+5% well said. These are also the reasons that, regardless of the price or the market cap, keep me excited to no end about this project and why I'm here for the long haul, too

And your claims are backed by... "wishful thinking"? I would have to disagree on the quality of development. Toast is the only one on the Dev team I have really high respect for. Dan comes a close second, but I think his stubbornness has actually impacted the growth of this ecosystem negatively.

When the price is down, there are no interesting forum posts, or things seem a bit on the quiet side, I usually go to the github page and look at the source code and the discussion threads on the github issues, and I immediately regain all confidence in the project. As a c++ coder myself, I regard the BitShares source code as one of the highest quality I have seen in a c++ project. People shouldn't forget that it's been less than a year since BitShares was officially released, and even though some bugs still need to be ironed out, and some optimizations performed in order to provide a stunning user experience, the basic design is really strong and the one that makes most sense to me as of right now in the crypto scene.

Dude, I wish you good luck, but I've seen people with your level of enthusiasm when the price was almost 5 times the current level, and they are not happy campers now.

Just word of advice - don't go crazy all in, you may regret it more, than regretting not going all in.

As said, I'm more excited by the technology that I see being built under my eyes than the immediate profit I could have made by investing in a promising project. So even if the price goes down now, I still believe that if I am right about the project, it will eventually go up again because of its vastly superior technology (maybe a naive point of view, but I want to believe it). In any case, thanks for the advice, but as I should, I only invested as much as what I could afford to lose, so no worries there :)
Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I'm luvin it. ™

Dude, I wish you good luck, but I've seen people with your level of enthusiasm when the price was almost 5 times the current level, and they are not happy campers now.

Just word of advice - don't go crazy all in, you may regret it more, than regretting not going all in.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
... We should be triggering black swan events in devshares too to see how they're handled (seeing as that event could happen to any bts backed security in either direction).
Couldnt you set up a bitAsset in DevShares with a much lower collateral requirement so that this is guaranteed to be tested? Arhag made a number of sugestions around what to do in this situation.

For code testing, though not economic testing, it could also be interesting to create some DVS MPAs with oscillating feeds calculated as a function of the block number, like sin(blockNumber)+1.001 or something.  This would let people play with the market engine and try to break things, but obviously since it's not a real MPA it would be useless for any sort of economic testing.

Would anyone actually use such a thing if it was available on DevShares?

Offline wackou

I'm luvin it. ™

Please vote for witness wackou! More info at http://digitalgaia.io