Author Topic: Account problems with funds  (Read 5081 times)

Offline vikram

Can i import the note to another account?

This might be easiest if you haven't moved any of NOTES yet and don't care about the usernames in the old wallet.

Start over with a new wallet using latest 0.8 client version. Let it fully sync first, then use faucet to register a new account name. Then import BTC/PTS/AGS keys to the new account name for NOTES.

are you sure i am not going to loose any? my balance is still the same and hasn't moved at all. Is this technically possible?

shall i completely delete all the bitshares files from my system?

If you haven't moved them, they should still be tied to your BTC/PTS/AGS keys and be able to be imported into another account.

Always keep a copy of your "wallets" folder from BTS client data directory and any other backup files just in case. But once those files are safe, you can try a clean install of 0.8 and follow my instructions above.

Hey man,

thank you A LOT!!! I finally got my Notes so i can trade and send those to other accounts. I still think the bitshares client is a pain in the ass and really really annoying.

It works awful and is very laggy.

Nevermind, i would like to send you some notes because of your support :)

Send me your address please.

BTS username is "vikram" . Thanks.

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile

This might be easiest if you haven't moved any of NOTES yet and don't care about the usernames in the old wallet.

Start over with a new wallet using latest 0.8 client version. Let it fully sync first, then use faucet to register a new account name. Then import BTC/PTS/AGS keys to the new account name for NOTES.

are you sure i am not going to loose any? my balance is still the same and hasn't moved at all. Is this technically possible?

If you haven't moved them, they should still be tied to your BTC/PTS/AGS keys and be able to be imported into another account.

Always keep a copy of your "wallets" folder from BTS client data directory and any other backup files just in case. But once those files are safe, you can try a clean install of 0.8 and follow my instructions above.

Hey man,

thank you A LOT!!! I finally got my Notes so i can trade and send those to other accounts. I still think the bitshares client is a pain in the ass and really really annoying.

It works awful and is very laggy.

Nevermind, i would like to send you some notes because of your support :)

Send me your address please.

Offline vikram

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile

Offline vikram

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
after a newstart i ran the same command again, but this time i don't get an error, but also no confirmation in the console....

how can i regenerate private keys?

i did run a recovery tool to check the deleted files but it doesn't find my old bitsharesX application. I simply dropped it into the bin 3 days ago before i installed the new wallet.

EDIT: so it reacted to the command after 5min...i received a reply to my regenerate command.. it is a number of 5 figures.

and th client says "BitShares  Transaction scanning progress is 37%"

but i really don't understand how this can work? I put the bitsharesX wallet into the bin and the new wallet recognized my old account after i logged in with my old password.

damn, how complicated this thing is.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 07:37:30 pm by Marky0001 »

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
You didn't copy over all the keys, but you can probably regenerate them with the command
Code: [Select]
wallet_regenerate_private_keys <account_name> 11000

it says Error: invalid command "wallet_regenerate_private_keys"

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
i am afraid it doesn't work in the console :(

how can this client trick me that way??? i simply deleted the old bitsharesX client, because i haven't had any funds in the wallet.

Then i installed the new wallet and it showed me my account so i thought everything was safe.

It sucks, it really sucks how this client works. I just want to have my notes :(

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
You didn't copy over all the keys, but you can probably regenerate them with the command
wallet_regenerate_private_keys <account_name> 11000
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
i am worried something went wrong when i switched from bitsharesX to bitshares wallet.

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
so the output from get info looks good...

but trying to send funds from one account to the other doesn't work. I am not sure if my parameter are being set correctly.

when i try to send the coins with the client without the console i get this error.

10 assert_exception: Assert Exception
_wimpl->_wallet_db.has_private_key( memo_key ):
    {}
    bitshares  transaction_builder.cpp:201 deposit_asset

sending using the console results in a transaction shown in the client with a blue circle symbol. it looks like a "retry" symbol
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 05:45:38 pm by Marky0001 »

Offline fundomatic

• View Profile
If you run
wallet_list_accounts
Does it say that your account is registered?

There is a key for each account in the KEY column, you can use this key to send
funds to the account. Try to use the following command either to send funds to cover fees or try to move the funds out. Do it with small amount first

wallet_transfer_to_address
Here is the 'help wallet_transer_to_address' output
Do a simple (non-TITAN) transfer to an address

Parameters:
  amount_to_transfer (real_amount, required): the amount of shares to transfer
  asset_symbol (asset_symbol, required): the asset to transfer
  from_account_name (account_name, required): the source account to draw the shares from
  to_address (string, required): the address or pubkey to transfer to
  memo_message (string, optional, defaults to ""): a memo to store with the transaction
  strategy (vote_strategy, optional, defaults to "vote_recommended"): enumeration [vote_none | vote_all | vote_random | vote_recommended]

Returns:
  transaction_record

In the receiving account you should see the balance change. But there is no record in the 'transaction history'. The transaction record is visible in history only for the sending account.
Make sure your wallet and the account are synched:
in the
get_info
output you should see

"blockchain_head_block_age": "<anything under 10 seconds>",
"wallet_open": true,
"wallet_unlocked": true,
"wallet_scan_progress": "100.00 %",

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
it says true....

"is_my_account": true,
  "approved": 0,
  "is_favorite": true,
  "block_production_enabled": false,
  "last_used_gen_sequence": 0,
  "private_data": null

Offline fundomatic

• View Profile

Try running console command
wallet_get_account <your_account_name>

is there a line in the output reading
"is_my_account": false,
or
"is_my_account": true,

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
How can this be? I have that account shown in my client and i see the notes funds after i imported the btc private keys.

The only thing I know is that the client told me I have to change the name before I reigster it , because that name was already taken.

Aha. This is the source of your problems.

But everything looked correct, so are my NOTEs lost now :(

If I understand you correctly, you have
* an account "A" where you have imported your BTC keys, where you were told that the name is already taken, and which you have registered through your GUI client, and
* an account "B" that you registered through the faucet and to which you successfully sent some BTS from poloniex.

The account name "A" already belongs to someone else. Whenever you send something to "A" it is actually sent to that other person's account. I'm not sure how the GUI handles that situation, but I believe a similar problem was described somewhere else - the GUI indicates that the account is registered, but not that it is registered to someone else.

The good news is that if your NOTEs are still sitting in the "A" account, they're not lost. My recommendation would be to send everything you have in A over to B (but make a small test transfer first!).

Yes, the NOTES are still sitting there. But i cannot send those to account B. I tried it with 10 Notes and 1000 Notes, but nothing changed in the balance :(

What i forgot to tell is... Before i tried to import my BTS private keys I had a bitsharesX  wallet running on my mac. It had network issues so i decided to delete the wallet (drag and drop to bin) and install the 0.8.0 client of the bitshares wallet.

After I launched and synched my new wallet I started to import my keys. Because all my old accounts were showing up in the new wallet i didnt take care of anything in the process.

Now i am sitting here with a bunch of notes "frozen" in this dead account???

I really never liked the BTS client and now i even hate it. It is slow as shit and makes my system run hot. Furthermore it is not user friendly, but that was everything I already knew.

I mean... all those accounts are mine, so why does this one have so many problems?
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 10:42:46 am by Marky0001 »