Author Topic: Vesting period for delegate pay?  (Read 2142 times)

Offline valtr

• View Profile
Delegates selling their BTS is a very minimal impact on the price... Delegates are clearly the believers in Bitshares and if they need to sell they only do so for a reason.
I agree and moreover it is their income.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
This idea is idiotic, all it does it delay every delegate's project.  Marketers wouldnt be able to get funds, developers would just say  "as soon as I actually start getting funds, I'll release my code", and so on.
It also has no benefit at all.

There is already a 2 week fee to register delegates which addresses this issue.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline canucklehead

• View Profile
How will the market react, when the specified date of the vesting period matures?

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
6 month is too long. The delegate is hard to pay their bills. I think the pay paid monthly will be better.
But we'd better not change this, unless it is needed.

Offline bytemaster

Delegates could potentially lock their own incoming funds publicly for x months to show commitment.

delegates have to pay taxes at the time they receive the income which means selling 33% just to be safe.   $800 represents about 3 days worth of developer time in the US and quite frankly, every single developer is more than earning that pay.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Delegates could potentially lock their own incoming funds publicly for x months to show commitment.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Delegates have to put 2weeks of pay upfront .. those ate burned and kind of equivalent of a 2 weeks vesting period .. so we already have this implemented!!

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
I think there's some amount of doubt in the community, especially regarding 100% delegate performance, or whether some of them are just selling their delegate income immediately not holding any BTS.

I'm thinking, since the merger required investors (PTS/AGS holders) to have a vesting period. Shouldn't delegate pay also have a vesting period? Let's say delegate still get paid the same amount, but the BTS you get paid today, will be unlocked in 6 months time. So at any time, the delegate have at least a stake in BTS valued in 6 month pay, so the delegate is more motivated to increase BTS's value.

This move should immensely boost community confidence in the 100% delegates.

i was against the vesting periode on the BTS merger and i am against a vesting periode for the delegates.

simple reason - would you accept on your daily pay job that your employer will pay you after 6 month?

so the price is falling, ok i care, but i try to do something to change it and so should everyone step up and do something. I am absolutly against this kind of change, because i don't see any benefit from it.

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
Delegates selling their BTS is a very minimal impact on the price... Delegates are clearly the believers in Bitshares and if they need to sell they only do so for a reason. We're sliding as some whales disappointed in the merger are still gradually unloading. Eventually they will run out and Bitshares will begin to climb again with adopters in the new system.

Offline wuyanren

• View Profile

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
I think there's some amount of doubt in the community, especially regarding 100% delegate performance, or whether some of them are just selling their delegate income immediately not holding any BTS.

I'm thinking, since the merger required investors (PTS/AGS holders) to have a vesting period. Shouldn't delegate pay also have a vesting period? Let's say delegate still get paid the same amount, but the BTS you get paid today, will be unlocked in 6 months time. So at any time, the delegate have at least a stake in BTS valued in 6 month pay, so the delegate is more motivated to increase BTS's value.

This move should immensely boost community confidence in the 100% delegates.