Author Topic: The Windows client is a dog! Please fix it.  (Read 2082 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
To the OP:

The core devs have heard our complaints and are starting to listen.  They have held off on loading up the client with new features in order to improve the experience of the existing functionality.  As another poster mentioned, there is also the brand new web wallet.
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
What do you aim to do with bit reserve?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He registered on our forum today. He didn't ask for any help or guidance about downloading our wallet. i suspect that he just wanted to make mention of "Bit Reserve" on our forum. Clever boy. lol.

In all fairness, who the hell wants to spent their time on forums trying to install software / get it to work / ask for help?  Only computer nerds.

Software should just work.  Thats it. 

If it doesn't, it will never gain adoption.  The OP mentioned a competitor? So what.  Their competitive advantage is that you don't need to download a clunky wallet.  This is constructive feedback, deal with it.  Just because they mentioned BitReserve does not make them a shill.

Why should anyone assume that a buggy decentralized wallet is safer than centralized entity?
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Bitreserve is basically eGold all over again.  Its pulled straight out of the mid 2000s.  Its like they havent even realized that the key to digital currencies is deentralization.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline onceuponatime

He registered on our forum today. He didn't ask for any help or guidance about downloading our wallet. i suspect that he just wanted to make mention of "Bit Reserve" on our forum. Clever boy. lol.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Hi, I am really interested in the whole concept of BitShares and would love to become part of the community. What is stopping me, the ridiculous client that chews 100% of my CPU and all of my Memory. This is a major road bump to adoption of BitShares, I download a Bitcoin client I have it running no problems. I don't even notice it. I tried running this client on my laptop and on my server, it locked both of them up with 100% CPU cycles so I couldn't use my computers.

Please spend all your time and energy fixing the client first as this is not going to get wide spread adoption if the client sucks. I am off to BitReserve right now, I will be back in a few months just to monitor what is going on and to see if the client has been fixed. Then I might consider investing in buying Bitshares.

In the meantime you can use the super fast web wallet  at:
https://wallet.bitshares.org/#/unlockwallet

For more infos:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,14529.0.html

@cass
can you include on the bitshares official site the web wallet link (somewhere it get noticed!)   ;)
(maybe on the "get started" page as an option?)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2015, 02:04:42 am by liondani »

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile

All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline star5cream

• View Profile
Hi, I am really interested in the whole concept of BitShares and would love to become part of the community. What is stopping me, the ridiculous client that chews 100% of my CPU and all of my Memory. This is a major road bump to adoption of BitShares, I download a Bitcoin client I have it running no problems. I don't even notice it. I tried running this client on my laptop and on my server, it locked both of them up with 100% CPU cycles so I couldn't use my computers.

Please spend all your time and energy fixing the client first as this is not going to get wide spread adoption if the client sucks. I am off to BitReserve right now, I will be back in a few months just to monitor what is going on and to see if the client has been fixed. Then I might consider investing in buying Bitshares.