Author Topic: GUI  (Read 1728 times)

Offline armilo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: armilo
Okay Guys, whatever the reasons for the current poor GUI/usability may be, the fact is, who wants to enter the mass market, needs an excellent interface! Hurry up!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I was joking ... didn't go through :)

What I wanted to say is that BitShares has a much more thought-out foundation: "The blockchain" .. secured by a totally new consensus scheme: "DPOS" ..
in contrast, bitreserve is centralized .. can be built by any 5year old using a plain database and a web designer .. there is nothing special about bitreserve .. They hold your funds! .. I could do that too ..

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile
Actually it would be possible to create a sql db version of the current state.    Sql is just not a good choice for real time evaluation because it is too slow.  I will look into providing a utility that will mirror chain state to a SqL db.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
If bitshares had a mysql database and centralized backend we could have spent 2 years on the frontend too .. guess what .. the devs decided to go decentralized and developva whole new consensus scheme!

With a mysql db you can probably reuse some front-end already out there and not worry about GUI programming cause its hard and never right in many eyes. Stick to the core code and engine instead of GUI... with the mysql approach how would you keep them in "sync"?
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
If bitshares had a mysql database and centralized backend we could have spent 2 years on the frontend too .. guess what .. the devs decided to go decentralized and developva whole new consensus scheme!

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
It's happening, see some of the concepts being worked on throughout this thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,14974.0.html

Offline armilo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: armilo
GUI
GUI design and usability are very poor!
For beta testing perhaps sufficient; absolutely not for the mass market.
A few top people for GUI design should lend a hand!
Take a look at https://bitreserve.org/dashboard to see the difference.
When can we expect a GUI 2.0 for Bitshare?