Author Topic: Impact of Moonstone on short-term price, up or down?  (Read 2691 times)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
This is a great chance for a BTC whale to get in the BitShares game.

They must know about it to have the chance to invest.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
This is a great chance for a BTC whale to get in the BitShares game.

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
so if you really are selling your BTS it is only 130k in 30 days, if you are not already converted.

in the long-run a new open source wallet from a different source will benefit the bitshares ecosystem, so i hope they will get the needed funds to make everything open source.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
You can only donate in btc so......

You will sell bts to get btc to donate-Bts price down
You will buy btc with outside capital-Bts price stays the same

Personally I think it will be more of the first then the latter but hopefully it will be a healthy mix.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
If the only investors in moonstone are bitshares users who have only holdings of BTS, then the price will be pushed down exactly the same amount as in using bitAssets or straight BTS to buy the UIA.

If the only investors are bitcoin users, holding BTC, then the BTS price will get pushed up, not down, as money flows into bitshares from bitcoin.

In reality, I expect a mix of the two extremes above to be true.

so we must make sure the bitcoin community will know about this not to late!
It will be not acceptable they ask us after the fund-raise how they can participate...

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
If the only investors in moonstone are bitshares users who have only holdings of BTS, then the price will be pushed down exactly the same amount as in using bitAssets or straight BTS to buy the UIA.

If the only investors are bitcoin users, holding BTC, then the BTS price will get pushed up, not down, as money flows into bitshares from bitcoin.

I will only invest with bitcoin, exactly due to this reasoning :)

Offline monsterer

My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
any beta version for trial?

an  bitshares  wallet project    use  BTC  instead of   bitUSD   
what will other people think?
the price of BTC would  fluctuation in next month
bitUSD almost no fluctuations

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
why not use bitUSD?

Because they want to drive the price down as much as possible in the short term so that they can use their funding to load up on cheap BTS, which will then rise after they release moonstone.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
For many BTS believers, including me, Moonstone is very attractive investment item. But one thing we should know that Moonstone fundraising only accept BTC, not BTS. If I spent all of spare money on BTS, due to recent low prices, I need to convert my BTS into BTC. This may pull BTS price down in a short-term. Meanwhile, if Moonstone is very promising and will be able to enhance BTS ecosystem, BTS price will go up, in both short- and long-run.
Between this tension, I am not sure to which direction BTS price will go. The best case scenario may be once-gone-whales come back through Moonstone, with lots of new funds. Will be BTC up or down?
Exactly.

But I don't think it will happen all at once. It will go down slowly over the source of weeks. I think we will see $8 million market cap at the low, perhaps less depending on how people react.

If people react appropriately it doesn't have to be so bad.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
For many BTS believers, including me, Moonstone is very attractive investment item. But one thing we should know that Moonstone fundraising only accept BTC, not BTS. If I spent all of spare money on BTS, due to recent low prices, I need to convert my BTS into BTC. This may pull BTS price down in a short-term. Meanwhile, if Moonstone is very promising and will be able to enhance BTS ecosystem, BTS price will go up, in both short- and long-run.
Between this tension, I am not sure to which direction BTS price will go. The best case scenario may be once-gone-whales come back through Moonstone, with lots of new funds. Will be BTC up or down?

I predict down. Way down.
$8-10 million market cap.

But I do think it will go back up again if the Moonstone project delivers so it might be a great buying opportunity for people who took their money out during the merger.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
All that we have power over is with what we do with the little time we have everyday to make our ecosystem better. Moonstone is a part of that.

Great statement.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
In all seriousness, there is no way to know what's happening. No one can.

A butterfly may flap it's wing in Japan, start an hurricane in Africa and affect the mood of an America investor in visit to Africa who suddenly decide that he's going to put his whole fortune on bitcoin.

Correlation does not equal causation.

All that we have power over is with what we do with the little time we have everyday to make our ecosystem better. Moonstone is a part of that.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop