Author Topic: The market engine is not matching shorts properly  (Read 6015 times)

Offline svk

At the moment we seem to have simple buy orders not getting matched with shorts either, see the screenshot below for the current state in my wallet:

Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Not only are shorts not getting matched, normal sells that match only fill one order but keep the other on the book!
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Riverhead

Is that what's happening here? Those shorts aren't really there? My bot is very low on bitUSD can I can't seem to buy more.

Code: [Select]
     BIDS (* Short, + Relative, - Relative Limit)                            |                                   ASKS                                 
TOTAL                     QUANTITY                                     PRICE | PRICE                                        QUANTITY                     TOTAL   COLLATERAL
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1.1250 USD                250.00000 BTS                   0.004500000000 USD*| 0.004444344444 USD                  132,000.00000 BTS              586.6534 USD
444.4444 USD              100,000.00000 BTS               0.004444444444 USD*| 0.004651162791 USD                   10,750.00000 BTS               50.0000 USD

Offline bytemaster

There are a ton of market order fixes that have been heavily tested in the current DEV shares release.   Those fixes will migrate to BTS soon.   

In the mean time we have the issue that the expired orders are not being properly displayed in the GUI and the LIMIT prices are not properly included.   bitsharesblocks.com seems to do it properly.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Right now, there are bids for BitUSD above the feed price. The feed price is about 211, the highest bid is 225. To test the market, I shorted BitUSD with 1000 BTS of collateral, and was able to borrow 2.3637 BitUSD. Now in my margin order it says I have about 1500 BTS, which means the proceeds of my short order were about 500 BTS. THAT IS THE WRONG AMOUNT!! I should have been matched with the highest bid and gotten the 225 price, but as you can calculate (500/2.3637), I only got the 211 price. I'm guessing I matched one of the many expired shorts.

I know the devs aren't allowed to talk to us anymore or some such insane bullshit, but is there anybody out there who knows how to get a fix for this in the pipeline? Thanks.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."