Author Topic: Argentina Team Updates  (Read 10485 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I'm very excited to hear about the progress in Argentina. Here in the US, you guys are used as one of the prime examples for where crypto could have its largest impact.

I'll be heading to Central America later this year and hope to set up a beta version of a remittance business, basically empowering a local team with some money, processes, and tools for accepting or dispensing crypto for cash; I'm toying with either using BTC or BTS, but think that, from a purely marketing perspective, it might be easier for locals to adopt bitUSD over BTC bc USD is so pervasive; selling a digital USD seems like an easier sell to me.

What we need is a super simple app, or device, wallet to start distributing. I don't know of any that use bitUSD, but there are plenty of ways to start using BTC; at least, they're all in English that I know of. Do you guys know of any really good Spanish language apps?
You can make a lot of money with the referral program with such a business, see https://bitshares.org/technology/referral-rewards-program/

You may have to shares the referral rewards with the one you programmed the wallet if you don't have your own. You maybe could also use the whitelabel wallet the core devs are preparing...

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I'm very excited to hear about the progress in Argentina. Here in the US, you guys are used as one of the prime examples for where crypto could have its largest impact.

I'll be heading to Central America later this year and hope to set up a beta version of a remittance business, basically empowering a local team with some money, processes, and tools for accepting or dispensing crypto for cash; I'm toying with either using BTC or BTS, but think that, from a purely marketing perspective, it might be easier for locals to adopt bitUSD over BTC bc USD is so pervasive; selling a digital USD seems like an easier sell to me.

What we need is a super simple app, or device, wallet to start distributing. I don't know of any that use bitUSD, but there are plenty of ways to start using BTC; at least, they're all in English that I know of. Do you guys know of any really good Spanish language apps?

They are working on the "Lime" Wallet.  I'm guessing it will be released after 2.0 is released... along with Moonstone

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Who controls this argentina-marketing-matt608 delegate?

I do until they get their own delegate elected or setup to take this one over. The funds are spooling up with a balance currently of around 200k BTS.
+5%

Offline Riverhead

I do until they get their own delegate elected or setup to take this one over. The funds are spooling up with a balance currently of around 200k BTS.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline fran2k

• View Profile
  • BitShares: fran2k
Yesterday we did a talk at one big university, ITBA, around 30 students came. More info and pictures in the event thread.

We did the same talk on May's Bitcoin Meetup.

We are planning our first exclusive Bitshares Meetup to be in one week at the Buenos Aires Bitcoin Space. We halted our BitUSD paper wallets giveaways as ElMato & Dargon LimeWallet (ex Bitshares Wallet) is currently not working but we will encourage participants to bring their laptops so they could install the desktop wallet and register an user.

Most funds are being saved, we will post our full accounting asap.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 03:03:21 pm by fran2k »
Witness: rmglab /// Buenos Aires BTS Meetup http://www.meetup.com/es-ES/BitSharesBA/ /// [old BTS 1.0 chain] Delegate bitshares-argentina (ex argentina-marketing-matt608) Thread https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15781.0.html

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Cool, guys. Are the people extra receptive about crypto in Argentina? Given the track record of the currency in the last decade there..

Offline fran2k

• View Profile
  • BitShares: fran2k
Yesterday we did a talk at one big university, ITBA, around 30 students came. More info and pictures in the event thread.
Witness: rmglab /// Buenos Aires BTS Meetup http://www.meetup.com/es-ES/BitSharesBA/ /// [old BTS 1.0 chain] Delegate bitshares-argentina (ex argentina-marketing-matt608) Thread https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15781.0.html

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Great update!  +5%

TurkeyLeg

+5% Outstanding! Keep up the great work! An impressive amount of feet hitting the streets here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Wonderful. I only wish you guys had more funding. That will come, in time.

Offline ripplexiaoshan

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: jademont
Excellent update, expecting more good news from your team! +5% +5% +5%
BTS committee member:jademont

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
Excellent post and plan!