Author Topic: DPOShub.org [PR Delegate Update Thread]  (Read 13536 times)

38PTSWarrior

Sorry, I don't remember if that was you.

38PTSWarrior

OK, I thought that you had a 100% payrate and were in top 100. I remember that you stoped the monthly delegate reports because dposhub would do that better.

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile
Where are you? Taking shareholders money and not performing?

Edit: How much was your payrate?

We have never accepted any money from any shareholder. This year, Jonathan and I spent a few thousand dollars of our own money in an attempt to put together a working prototype that matched our DposHub whitepaper, however the project is much more complex than a few thousand dollars worth of contract labor could achieve. Because of this, we have put the project on hold and are exploring other options.

We ran a 100% delegate for six months on BitShares 1.0, but since we were never voted into the top 101 we did not receive any BTS.
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

I didn't think he was ever voted in???

Not sure if dpos hub is a viable product with the changes in 2.0

38PTSWarrior

38PTSWarrior

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Just up to speed with this (excellent  +5%) initiative - any news/timescale to launch? Happy to help in any way I can.

There are some bugs we are trying to sort out with the UI and still digging through one more area of the network before we have beta launch.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline bulletproof

Just up to speed with this (excellent  +5%) initiative - any news/timescale to launch? Happy to help in any way I can.
Everything is awesome, or if it isn't it ought to be.

Offline DMo09

• View Profile
I am satisfied with the explanation and personally don't have a problem with the logo, however I think this should be in the "philosophy" section, right under "Vision" and Mission".

BTW, corporations have major occult symbolism woven into their logos...  They are just a little more camouflaged.  I understand that some people have negative connotations associated with ancient symbols, but this should not be a barrier to entry because of the powerful content on DPOShub.

I think sensitive people would be less irritated if the triquetra was also a blooming lotus flower?  Just an idea to consider for potential future iterations.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 05:48:19 pm by DMo09 »

Offline CryptoPrometheus

• View Profile

Is this the message you want to convey?

http://www.crossroad.to/Books/symbols1.html
TRIQUETRA: The triquetra -- with or without the circle -- has been found on runestones in Scandinavia, in ancient goddess-oriented pagan groups, in Celtic manuscripts, and on early Germanic coins. It is associated with numerous mythical gods and goddesses and has been used as a protective charm by Wiccans. Sometimes the symbol is reversed -- pointing down rather than up. The three points may also be round rather than pointed.

Thank you for asking Permie! I am overjoyed that someone actually wants to talk symbolism with me ;). We have such a left-brained crowd around here, I sometimes get lonely. 

Let me start by giving you a brief overview of the triquetra, and then I will go into why I have chosen to weave it into my logo for DPOSHub.

The triquetra has been used in a multitude of capacities by many cultures for thousands of years. As with most ancient symbols, it contains a plethora of deeply rooted mystical potencies within its sacred geometric architecture.

You might say that “from the great primordial subconscious” arose its three points - which signify the foundational core of every major religion (mass philosophy) of the past 5,000 years:

The Hindu Trimurti (Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva)
The 3 jewels of Buddhism (Buddha, Dharma, Sangha)
The Wiccan Triple Goddess (Maiden, Mother, Wise Woman)
The Christian Holy Trinity (Father, Son, Holy Spirit)
The 3 Patriarchs of Judaism (Abraham, Issac, Jacob)
The Daoist 3 Pure Ones (Yuanshi, Lingbao, Daode)
The Greek Sons of Cronus (Zeus, Poseidon, Hades)
The 3 Holy Cities of Islam (Mecca, Medina, and Jerusalem)

Delegated Proof of Stake (Delegates, Witnesses, Workers)

The continuous looped pattern, like the Norse Valknut  or the  Kemetian Ouroboros, symbolizes a pre-incarnate type of existential unity, and is thus understood to exemplify a “robustness” that cannot be undone by any earth-bound or otherworldly power. The Celts and Germanic people of northern Europe often wove triquetra into their clothing as talismans, to shield and protect against the forces of darkness.

Delegated Proof of Stake also contains a significant robustness, both in terms of network security and economic flexibility/adaptiveness. Most significantly, it appears that every culture on Earth will soon have this “talisman” to protect themselves (and their children) from the forces of financial oppression and political tyranny.

The wonderful part about the use of ancient symbolism to “convey a message” is that you almost always elicit an emotional response from your audience. People tend to remember things when they stir feelings within them, so you might say that using symbolism can also be a powerful advertising technique.

I could go on, but It’s late and I told myself that I would wake up for the mumble hangout this morning. Hope this helps!
"Power and law are not synonymous. In fact, they are often in opposition and irreconcilable."
- Cicero

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss

Is this the message you want to convey?

http://www.crossroad.to/Books/symbols1.html
TRIQUETRA: The triquetra -- with or without the circle -- has been found on runestones in Scandinavia, in ancient goddess-oriented pagan groups, in Celtic manuscripts, and on early Germanic coins. It is associated with numerous mythical gods and goddesses and has been used as a protective charm by Wiccans. Sometimes the symbol is reversed -- pointing down rather than up. The three points may also be round rather than pointed.
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline Pheonike

Yea looks to much like the star of David.

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
Love the concept of DPOS hub!  +5%

Is the logo final? Reminds me a bit of old church windows or of other religious symbols :)

Symbols are important, can you explain what this one means and why it is appropriate for DPOS hub?
'It looks cool' isn't good enough, imo
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Love the concept of DPOS hub!  +5%

Is the logo final? Reminds me a bit of old church windows or of other religious symbols :)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█