Author Topic: That'll be 20 bucks please. Cash, credit or crypto?  (Read 1607 times)

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I don't see why you would even need a POS to pay with BitEUR/BitUSD .. ANY internet-connected device that can display a QR code would be sufficient ..

Exactly.
Even the higher-end handhelds support HTML5 and CSS3 now :)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I don't see why you would even need a POS to pay with BitEUR/BitUSD .. ANY internet-connected device that can display a QR code would be sufficient ..

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
We're getting close. My R&D work on Point Of Sale systems is paying off.
The serious lack of open source crypto-enabled POS systems has opened a LOT of doors for BitShares.

Bitcoin was a great start, but working with these 10 second bitAsset and BTS transactions has only secured this even further.
I'm hoping to get my POS Working Group in full swing in the next few weeks. I'll post my progress in here as we go.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Pheonike

I can't wait for the day when i'm out with group of folks for dinner and the bill comes with a QR code on it. Instead of of fumbling with cash and credit cards, everyone just scans the bills and sends their portion. Or one persons pays and everyone just sends their portion to the payer.

That's when you know crypto has arrived.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
I've seen quite a few Point Of Sale (POS) systems out there, a few of them now have a screen for accepting Bitcoin too, all of which use Bitpay.

One of the services that the BitShares Munich DAC will offer is the sale and install of POS systems.
It needs to be open source, tie into inventory, have a barcode scanner on the bottom, a card swiper on the side and the screen (ie: http://www.bitstraat.nl/en/product/the-handheld/) needs to allow for cash, credit or crypto (ANY crypto, so it has to be modular).

Does anyone here know of a github user or anyone working on this already?
Ideas..?
www.PalmPay.chat