Author Topic: What is a DAC to you?  (Read 1835 times)

Offline fuzzy

A DAC for me is a set of rules, governed by consensus, that sits upon a network and enables participants to communicate freely and securely with digital information.
Nice call.  I like it. 

DAN - Decentralized Autonomous Network.

What I hope will emerge is a monumentally positive change in how the sum of human interaction manifests on this planet.

A DAN....oh the irony!
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Middle-man Replacement -- instead of paying fees to a single middleman you may pay the fee to a decentralized system that gives them back to shareholders (potentially yourself) :)

+5%

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

DAC = People, Planet, Profit via swarm.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline yellowecho

A DAC for me is a set of rules, governed by consensus, that sits upon a network and enables participants to communicate freely and securely with digital information.

What I hope will emerge is a monumentally positive change in how the sum of human interaction manifests on this planet.

This.  To me a DAC is a DAN with a specific purpose and it's that function that defines the C.  A DAN can have a business model whereby its goal is to reduce costs and generate revenue making it a DACompany.. or a DAN can have a model where its sole function is to reach proper consensus (like VOTE) and so long as its revenue covers costs it can survive autonomously making it a DACommunity (or DACountry).  The intent of the DAN defines the DAC.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Please consider giving your own definition and why you lean in that direction.  Some may think of it as a Decentralized Autonomous Company...others a DACommunity or DACollective.  Maybe even a DACountry? 

Just as importantly, remember to say why.
Complex adaptive system.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APB_mhpsQp8
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 09:40:56 am by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Middle-man Replacement -- instead of paying fees to a single middleman you may pay the fee to a decentralized system that gives them back to shareholders (potentially yourself) :)

Offline fuzzy

Please consider giving your own definition and why you lean in that direction.  Some may think of it as a Decentralized Autonomous Company...others a DACommunity or DACollective.  Maybe even a DACountry? 

Just as importantly, remember to say why.

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D