Author Topic: Dash and Decentralized Governance  (Read 2477 times)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Dash is a name that I would never use as a coin .....
Also the Chinese name sucks than when it was Darkcoin .....

:'( :'( :'(

Darkcoin ------ something mysteries , high-end ...

Dash ------ A random voice that's came out of ones mouth ...
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Tuck Fheman

Right...The point of the OP was not to discuss about Dash if it is good to invest or not. BTS is the only way forward..

The point of the OP was maybe to discuss if their Vote mechanism and their way to present proposals is something that we can copy to improve ourselves..

Ok fine, you win.

Whether or not the group of individuals behind a coin are scammers or not is not important, their ideas and whether or not BitShares can duplicate them and improve upon them is what's important.

(wondering why this reminds me of NXT last May)

Offline fuzzy

Right...The point of the OP was not to discuss about Dash if it is good to invest or not. BTS is the only way forward..

The point of the OP was maybe to discuss if their Vote mechanism and their way to present proposals is something that we can copy to improve ourselves..

Not familiar with it.  I'll have to do some reading I suppose.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

I'll never understand this idea of devs needing to live like poppers...

You mean "paupers" not "poppers" lol.

Yes dammmmit (intentional misspelling).  :P

Offline werneo

• View Profile
    • chronicle of the precession of simulacra
  • BitShares: werneo

You mean "paupers" not "poppers" lol.

Offline fuzzy

I think 5% of the total tokens being owned by the Devs is not exactly a bad thing.   They have enough funding to work on the project without fear of lacking funds. ..

If you want to complain,  complain about the sham that is dash's "instant transactions. ..which are actually 20 seconds off testnet...really "instant"?

1,625,000 DRK = 22595 BTC = $4,960,266 USD (and that's at the current price!) in 8 hours = "paupers"?  I'm assuming that's what you meant.

Or does "poppers" mean "like a rap mogul"?

I want to work for your company at "poppers" wages, please!?
Well played Tuck :P 
Now would you like to focus on the point? It would be more helpful I'd think.

The appearance of impropriety is something that will haunt Dash/Dark for the foreseeable future.
We will see.  Very interesting state of affairs. 

Offline canucklehead

• View Profile
The appearance of impropriety is something that will haunt Dash/Dark for the foreseeable future.

Tuck Fheman

I think 5% of the total tokens being owned by the Devs is not exactly a bad thing.   They have enough funding to work on the project without fear of lacking funds. ..

If you want to complain,  complain about the sham that is dash's "instant transactions. ..which are actually 20 seconds off testnet...really "instant"?

1,625,000 DRK = 22595 BTC = $4,960,266 USD (and that's at the current price!) in 8 hours = "paupers"?  I'm assuming that's what you meant.

Or does "poppers" mean "like a rap mogul"?

I want to work for your company at "poppers" wages, please!?

« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 12:08:10 am by Tuck Fheman »

Offline fuzzy

https://www.dashpay.io/news/self-sustainable-decentralized-governance-by-blockchain/

I just had a very quick read of this and thought to post. Can we learn something from there?

Here's what I learned a long time ago.

"Darkcoin was mined with 500 DRK generated per block from the get go. From block 1 to at least block 3250, according to their blockchain, they were still producing 500 coins each block. The transition from 500 to 277 coins per block occurs between 3250 and 3500 but this author did not see the necessity of getting the exact moment of halving. Simple math shows that 3250 blocks multiplied by 500 coins a block is 1,625,000 Darkcoins created between the times of 3:54 and 11:22 on January 19th, 2014. As of today there are around 4,300,000 DRK in existence, making this a pretty hefty instamine. The Darkcoin website expects around 22,000,000 DRK to be created. That means in less than 8 hours, almost 5% of the Darkcoins that ever will be created spawned in that 1/3 of a day. It's safe to say Darkcoin has left it's investors in the dark on this one."

Evan has some brilliant ideas, X11, dark gravity wave and he won 2014 Proof of Honor award. It still doesn't change the above. AFAIK, the instamine has never been resolved.  See : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999886.0

I'll never understand this idea of devs needing to live like paupers...

« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 12:33:47 pm by fuzzy »

Offline Buck Fankers

• Under New Management
    • View Profile
    • TuckFheman.com
  • BitShares: buckfankers
https://www.dashpay.io/news/self-sustainable-decentralized-governance-by-blockchain/

I just had a very quick read of this and thought to post. Can we learn something from there?

Here's what I learned a long time ago.

"Darkcoin was mined with 500 DRK generated per block from the get go. From block 1 to at least block 3250, according to their blockchain, they were still producing 500 coins each block. The transition from 500 to 277 coins per block occurs between 3250 and 3500 but this author did not see the necessity of getting the exact moment of halving. Simple math shows that 3250 blocks multiplied by 500 coins a block is 1,625,000 Darkcoins created between the times of 3:54 and 11:22 on January 19th, 2014. As of today there are around 4,300,000 DRK in existence, making this a pretty hefty instamine. The Darkcoin website expects around 22,000,000 DRK to be created. That means in less than 8 hours, almost 5% of the Darkcoins that ever will be created spawned in that 1/3 of a day. It's safe to say Darkcoin has left it's investors in the dark on this one."

Evan has some brilliant ideas, X11, dark gravity wave and he won 2014 Proof of Honor award. It still doesn't change the above. AFAIK, the instamine has never been resolved.  See : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=999886.0

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile