Author Topic: Latest client release will not completely sync  (Read 4408 times)

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
Even the block count in "get_info" is stuck, and does not show progress. Suddenly, it was synced after hours.
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I don't understand, but the client is sycned now.. I let it run for a few hours unattended and it did the job. However, the frontend it seemed stuck at this specific block.. very bad user experience.
I see .. the status bar at the lower end of the GUI window is stuck although the client is synced (checked via console of the advanced menu?)

That may indeed be a bug ..
Thanks for taking the time to track it down!

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
I don't understand, but the client is sycned now.. I let it run for a few hours unattended and it did the job. However, the frontend it seemed stuck at this specific block.. very bad user experience.

Thank you xeroc!!
Please consider voting for my witness mindphlux.witness and my committee user mindphlux. I will not vote for changes that affect witness pay.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
No luck. Still stuck. Doesn't seem to work on my iMac.

I'll try it on my laptop with my old wallet.
Can you show the output of the terminal .. from the startup until you see ">>>"?

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
No luck. Still stuck. Doesn't seem to work on my iMac.

I'll try it on my laptop with my old wallet.

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
I tried  delegate.nathanhourt.com's chainserver yesterday, and it was fine until the client reached 70%, then it switched to p2p and was stuck there shortly after.

I setup 185.25.22.21:1375 (liondani) now, and will let you know if this works better. It's downloading from scratch now.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
You should also try a chain server http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/BitShares/Chain-Server
for downloading the blockchain. Try liondani's or wackou's servers for syncing ..
when you made the changes in the config and restarted the terminal client you will see something with "fast download" .. if you see "P2P" then the chain server might be offline ..

That's the last thing that may help here for syncing

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
I let it run for a while, and it produced about 250mb of traffic, but even after a restart the block count has NOT changed.

I'm at a loss here now.. This seems to be a bug.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Sorry for the inconveniences and thank you for the patience ..

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
At least, its my network monitor is showing that its downloading data now.. but info shows that no block is being added.

Even after a restart, the block count did not changed.

I'll let it run for an hour and let you know

Thanks

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Negative. I added the nodes in the console.

Still stuck at the very same block. I had 0.4-0.6 running just fine on this machine, this is very strange.
Had another idea... could you please remove the checkpoints.json from the BitShares data directory in %APPDATA% and restart the client?

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
Negative. I added the nodes in the console.

Still stuck at the very same block. I had 0.4-0.6 running just fine on this machine, this is very strange.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
It's doing SOMETHING since the cpu usage is 100-180%, but there's no hdd or network traffic to be seen.
that is a good sign .. if you run "getinfo" again, did "blockchain_head_block_num" increase?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Seems ok to me. You are definitely on the right fork. Try this to connect to other nodes directly:
Code: [Select]
network_add_node "107.170.211.129:1700" add
network_add_node "80.240.133.79:1776" add
network_add_node "188.226.195.137:60696" add
network_add_node "76.74.170.79:54200" add
network_add_node "176.9.234.166:1700" add
network_add_node "180.153.142.120:1777" add
network_add_node "162.243.220.142:1777" add
network_add_node "84.238.140.192:42577" add
network_add_node "5.101.106.138:1778" add
network_add_node "69.164.192.144:1700" add
network_add_node "192.168.0.14:1776" add
network_add_node "78.46.32.25:1776" add
network_add_node "192.168.0.12:44327" add
network_add_node "70.114.143.108:1776" add
network_add_node "106.187.91.24:38581" add
network_add_node "106.185.26.162:1981" add
network_add_node "188.138.107.159:1776" add
network_add_node "104.131.136.190:1776" add
network_add_node "95.85.33.16:8764" add
network_add_node "198.199.103.79:1776" add
network_add_node "104.131.234.136:8801" add

Maybe you are just connected to too many old nodes that have not been upgraded and have been disconnected from the rest of the network ..

Offline mindphlux

• View Profile
It's doing SOMETHING since the cpu usage is 100-180%, but there's no hdd or network traffic to be seen.