Author [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] [EN] [ZH] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Announcing BitShares AGS & BitShares X Allocation  (Read 20447 times)

sumantso

Re: Announcing Angel Shares & BitShares Allocation
« Reply #225 on: January 18, 2014, 04:38:33 PM »
Catching up here. Just when I thought I understood protoshares, and how they would be converted to bitshares, now angelshares are announced. For people who are intrigued by Invictus and would like to invest in AGS, can you simplify this process? Do I need an AGS wallet? If I donate to the addressed listed, how do I know how many AGS I've received in return? Where do I "store" them safely? Where can I look to see which days are slower than others? The Angelshares page of the website is down so I can't find anything there...

This all seems way more complicated than it should be and is probably turning potential investors off. I'm not trying to be negative, but man, is there a simpler way to do all of this?

AGS is not a coin, but a share. Its basically a donation, and I3 will provide you with the appropriate DACs when they are released (Bitshares, Domainshares etc).

You need to send BTC or PTS from your own wallet (so you own the private keys). All you have to do is keep hold of the wallets you donated from (or rather the private keys).

Offline nightengale

• View Profile
« Reply #226 on: January 18, 2014, 05:04:14 PM »
Catching up here. Just when I thought I understood protoshares, and how they would be converted to bitshares, now angelshares are announced. For people who are intrigued by Invictus and would like to invest in AGS, can you simplify this process? Do I need an AGS wallet? If I donate to the addressed listed, how do I know how many AGS I've received in return? Where do I "store" them safely? Where can I look to see which days are slower than others? The Angelshares page of the website is down so I can't find anything there...

This all seems way more complicated than it should be and is probably turning potential investors off. I'm not trying to be negative, but man, is there a simpler way to do all of this?

Download Bitcoin-Qt or ProtoShares-Qt send PTS or BTC from that wallet to the Angel address and keep your wallet file secure.    You can track status a www.agsexplorer.com or angelshares.info.

Extremely helpful links, thank-you for your response. It is my understanding that the most recent version of ProtoShares-qt I can run on a Mac is v0.8.5-34-ge4f8368-dirty-beta, so that is what I have installed. Will that cause me any problems?

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BTS: Stan
« Reply #227 on: January 18, 2014, 05:25:08 PM »

http://invictus.io/funding-angelshares.php
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BTS: mrjeans
« Reply #228 on: January 23, 2014, 11:09:52 AM »

AGS is not a coin, but a share. Its basically a donation, and I3 will provide you with the appropriate DACs when they are released (Bitshares, Domainshares etc).

You need to send BTC or PTS from your own wallet (so you own the private keys). All you have to do is keep hold of the wallets you donated from (or rather the private keys).
So after donating some PTS to the AGS address using my PTS wallet I should just be able to point the bitsharesBEX client (and other DAC clients) at the PTS wallet and this should import my Bitshares (or shares in other DACs).

So I wont need to worry about not being able to see any AGS in the client or anything?

Just want to make sure I understand before donating (things get a bit confusing when cash starts turning into numbers on a client, and then those numbers turn into shares on a client, and then those numbers disappear. I take a deep breath and journey further down this rabbit hole go. hahaha).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 11:12:23 AM by MrJeans »

sumantso

« Reply #229 on: January 23, 2014, 12:21:50 PM »

So after donating some PTS to the AGS address using my PTS wallet I should just be able to point the bitsharesBEX client (and other DAC clients) at the PTS wallet and this should import my Bitshares (or shares in other DACs).

So I wont need to worry about not being able to see any AGS in the client or anything?

Just want to make sure I understand before donating (things get a bit confusing when cash starts turning into numbers on a client, and then those numbers turn into shares on a client, and then those numbers disappear. I take a deep breath and journey further down this rabbit hole go. hahaha).

Yes, just keep your wallet and you would be fine.

After donating you can check your balance here http://www1.agsexplorer.com/ (click on balance lookup).

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
Re: Announcing BitShares AGS & BitShares X Allocation
« Reply #230 on: January 23, 2014, 08:12:16 PM »
Thanks, just needed that extra little bit of confirmation

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
« Reply #231 on: January 25, 2014, 11:36:30 AM »
Have people been using the blockchain.info bitcoin wallet to make donations to AGS?
Is this okay to do?

sumantso

« Reply #232 on: January 25, 2014, 12:30:23 PM »
Have people been using the blockchain.info bitcoin wallet to make donations to AGS?
Is this okay to do?

I haven't; but I assume it should be alright as you hold the private key.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
« Reply #233 on: January 26, 2014, 03:34:30 PM »
I found out that using blockchain.info for this pupose is very technical. Has everyone been using the original client. I'm trying to download this but its taking forever to sync

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
« Reply #234 on: January 26, 2014, 06:04:13 PM »
I found out that using blockchain.info for this pupose is very technical. Has everyone been using the original client. I'm trying to download this but its taking forever to sync

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk 2
Yeah it can take a extremely long time to sync up a fresh bitcoin-qt client, it has to download somewhere around 13.5GB of data. https://blockchain.info/charts/blocks-size

Google+