Author Topic: Varoufakis - Bitcoin and Bitshares  (Read 2329 times)

Tuck Fheman

I do not have good communications skills and many times people just don't even understand what I am saying.

What???

Nah, I feel your pain bro. My southern dylsexic AAVE doesn't get much respect on teh interwebs either.  ;)

Maybe it would be worth if a dev or anyone else can approach him and post in his blog about what Bitshares could do for Greece and even post a business plan or proposition.Even if the reply to a post is not published, I am pretty sure that he will read it.

That or Dan (or a BTS rep) could get with the guys/gals ("Tyler Durden") over at ZeroHedge. Someone @ZH appears to have contact with Yanis, and ZH is pro-Bitcoin (cryptocurrency) afaict. Their readers, for the most part, are not pro-cryptocurrency afaict, but those behind the blog appear to be down with the plan and could convert many of their readers with positive views towards BitShares (or cryptocurrency in general) and especially bitAssets. I think they would be very receptive to hearing about BitShares (after 1.0).

In this country we never put politicians behind the bars..We just argue and fight between us about which Government is better than the other when in reality all politicians for the last 100 years really suck!

It's the same here in Merica.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 12:35:28 am by Tuck Fheman »

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
After listening all the crap, bitcoin just got briefly mentioned.he is indeed not a supporter of bitcoin but rather of its algorithm. I don't think any pump will happen but anyway it was nice to hear about crypto in the Greek tv.

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
In this country we never put politicians behind the bars..We just argue and fight between us about which Government is better than the other when in reality all politicians for the last 100 years really suck! In this country we only confiscate the houses of poor-middle class people because they don't have to pay the huge and unfair imposed taxes by each Governement (if I show you my annual income and the amount of taxes I pay you will just not believe it. They are insanely huge).

Varoufakis and the rest of the Syriza party have become popular because they act a bit crazy about the whole negotiations and I think this is the last hope for middle class people here. A Greek cryptocurrency IOU if everything else fails will become a solution I think and Varoufakis is the only one that could pull something like that in Greece. I hope this happens. Then people will get more familiar with cryptocurrencies and will start looking at cryptocurrencies alternatives.

This discussion can be moved to random discussion I think...

chryspano

They did that in the past when the Greek stock market was hugely pumped.

... by the government with money from the pension funds and no one is behind bars for this!

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I am wondering if he is going to mention anything about bitcoin. If he is positive about it I can assure you that many old people with still loooootssss of cash under their mattress will start buying bitcoin suddenly like crazy even if they have no clue what this is about..When / if these people start buying a huge pump will come.

Greeks are very strange people. They can ignore something for a long time i.e. stockmarket and suddenly they can all jump in out of nowhere and start buying like crazy everything.. They did that in the past when the Greek stock market was hugely pumped. This was a period when people above their 80s were buying any kind of stock, stocks that investment bankers didn't know much about them, stocks that made many people very rich for a short period until  everything collapsed and fortunes were lost.

I remember the days that no one had a mobile when everyone else around the world where using mobile phones, And suddenly within a year everyone had the most advanced mobile phones.

The learning curve in everything here is steadily sloooowwww and suddenly huge pumps in the learning curve out of nowhere happen. I hope when this happen Bitshares is readyfor this. Because Greece needs more than anything Bitshares..

« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 07:47:38 pm by mf-tzo »

chryspano

He gives an interview in about 1 hour from now, http://en.enikos.gr/media/28837,Varoufakis-live-interview-on-Monday-with-simultaneous-interpretation.html bitcoin might be mentioned but I think that he will be negative about it, exposure will be good but no short term effect for bitcoin or the crypto in general for the next few months in my opinion.

EDIT
If someone has a real good question he can try his luck here... http://www.enikos.gr/media/316399,O-Gianhs-Baroyfakhs-ston-eniko-me-ton-Niko-Xatzhnikolaoy-Dhlwste-symmetoxh-.html  (scroll down)
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 07:32:30 pm by chryspano »

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
For anyone out there still owing bitcoins, I think that you will soon see a pump in the price of bitcoin..After yesterday's article, bitcoin was mentioned in today's news..Irrespective of what Varoufakis thinks about bitcoin, good or bad, publicity is publicity. People here heard for the 2nd time bitcoin in the news. Today at work people were asking me about bitcoin again... And of course my reply to them was "bitcoin is just playing safe in cryptocurrencies. If they want huge profits and have some balls they should invest in Bitshares which is clearly the future of crypto.."

I have a dream...After a 20 years, Bitshares worth billions and my future unborn children to be amazed that their father invested in Bitshares in its early stages..  :)

chryspano

I don't believe a gold or silver standard is an option for Greece, that's my understanding after watching this video  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWeoWR9Savw  from his blog http://yanisvaroufakis.eu/

I don't know if what he is talking about at 13:50 for a few minutes could be implemented using blockchain technology
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 09:42:21 am by chryspano »

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Hugo Salinas-Price of Mexico, one of the world's wealthiest people, is attempting to help some unnamed country get onto a silver standard. I suspect that it is Greece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrcV2Q5GKLU

That won't surprise me because the last months Greece and Mexico politicians had a lot of meetings..

Offline onceuponatime

Hugo Salinas-Price of Mexico, one of the world's wealthiest people, is attempting to help some unnamed country get onto a silver standard. I suspect that it is Greece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrcV2Q5GKLU

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Today in "Proto Thema" newspaper (very popular newspaper in Greece) there was an extensive article about Varoufakis being a business consultant (partner) for Singapore's Bitcoin Tembusu. The article mentions that he already has a team of people ready to create a cryptocurrency like bitcoin, issued by the Greek Government, that could help the Government get financed by mostly its citizens and corporations in return to tax credits. The last time I saw an article in a Greek newspaper about bitcoin, the prize went from $200 - $1000.

I think they do not need to create from scratch another altcoin , Greek IOU cryptocurrency but they could simple issue the relevant bitasset in bitshares exchange. I have posted in his blog a couple of months ago about bitshares but my posts (replies in his articles) were not published. I do not have good communications skills and many times people just don't even understand what I am saying.

Maybe it would be worth if a dev or anyone else can approach him and post in his blog about what Bitshares could do for Greece and even post a business plan or proposition.Even if the reply to a post is not published, I am pretty sure that he will read it.

It's bullshit. Yes in theory if a country like Greece wanted to do that it could but in reality it just doesn't make any sense why they'd use a decentralized currency when they are a centralized government.

What do they need a cryptocurrency for? Unless it's at least 10 times more efficient it probably wont be worth a governments time.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I wonder is taulant met him already as he was in singapore, recently .. IIRC

We find out later today!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I wonder if taulant met him already as he was in singapore, recently .. IIRC
« Last Edit: May 18, 2015, 07:56:42 am by xeroc ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ »

chryspano

+5%

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Today in "Proto Thema" newspaper (very popular newspaper in Greece) there was an extensive article about Varoufakis being a business consultant (partner) for Singapore's Bitcoin Tembusu. The article mentions that he already has a team of people ready to create a cryptocurrency like bitcoin, issued by the Greek Government, that could help the Government get financed by mostly its citizens and corporations in return to tax credits. The last time I saw an article in a Greek newspaper about bitcoin, the prize went from $200 - $1000.

I think they do not need to create from scratch another altcoin , Greek IOU cryptocurrency but they could simple issue the relevant bitasset in bitshares exchange. I have posted in his blog a couple of months ago about bitshares but my posts (replies in his articles) were not published. I do not have good communications skills and many times people just don't even understand what I am saying.