Author Topic: investing in the company  (Read 5154 times)

Offline dan777

• View Profile

Offline mint chocolate chip

Ok for those of you reading this ill share with you my thoughts. A bit of back ground on myself. Im a baker of 25yrs and im a very good one. My computer skills are pretty much email and facebook. I have invested in precious metals for about 5yrs.

So i have watched the companies intro videos and for a newbie this is all very technical and difficult to understand. I have a deep desire to master this so will repetitively listen and read until i have a clear understanding. However i feel the company needs to simplify the info much more.

So lets talk bakers talk. Lets say i want to make a chocolate cake.

Stage1  butter and sugar- cream
stage2  add the eggs
stage3  add the flour, coco and baking powder
stage4  add water
stage5  put it into the tin
stage6  bake at 190 for 30mins
stage7  ice the cake

So my point here guys is for a newbie they need 2 very simple recipes.

Recipe 1 is for people who want to invest in bitshares.
Recipe 2 is for people who want to invest in bitassets.

Everything needs to be so simple and in order. The simplest and fastest way to make a nice chocolate cake!!  The recipe could involve media screen recordings, links to sites etc.

just putting it out there.

Thanks for the recipe, I would add that you should mix the ingredients and put something on the tin so the cake does not stick to it.

Offline vegolino

• Reality is Information
    • View Profile
I totally agree .. and this should happen after we have received all info in the upcoming announcement in early june ..

I am thinking of a set of typical use cases described in detail from two sides .. just need the time to do it ;)
  +5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I totally agree .. and this should happen after we have received all info in the upcoming announcement in early june ..

I am thinking of a set of typical use cases described in detail from two sides .. just need the time to do it ;)

Offline dan777

• View Profile
Ok for those of you reading this ill share with you my thoughts. A bit of back ground on myself. Im a baker of 25yrs and im a very good one. My computer skills are pretty much email and facebook. I have invested in precious metals for about 5yrs.

So i have watched the companies intro videos and for a newbie this is all very technical and difficult to understand. I have a deep desire to master this so will repetitively listen and read until i have a clear understanding. However i feel the company needs to simplify the info much more.

So lets talk bakers talk. Lets say i want to make a chocolate cake.

Stage1  butter and sugar- cream
stage2  add the eggs
stage3  add the flour, coco and baking powder
stage4  add water
stage5  put it into the tin
stage6  bake at 190 for 30mins
stage7  ice the cake

So my point here guys is for a newbie they need 2 very simple recipes.

Recipe 1 is for people who want to invest in bitshares.
Recipe 2 is for people who want to invest in bitassets.

Everything needs to be so simple and in order. The simplest and fastest way to make a nice chocolate cake!!  The recipe could involve media screen recordings, links to sites etc.

just putting it out there.

Offline dan777

• View Profile
I said this to ken earlier.  Trying to getting your head around all this is like drinking from a fire hose!!  or put another way its like going from knowing how to ride a bike to learning to fly a plane!!  The language you use, the terms, everything. its all very daunting. ill get there im determined too:))

Offline Pheonike

We have it here  https://bitsharestalk.org/chat just have to get people to hangout in it more.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
A forum chat to answer this question in real time would be awesome for new members. What do you think?

I wonder if we could set something up with crypto.cat

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
A forum chat to answer this question in real time would be awesome for new members. What do you think?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Pheonike

Circle is also another choice for purchasing Bitcoin.

https://www.circle.com

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
First things first, do you know how to get and use bitcoin?

No i dont, my goodness ive got lots to learn!

easiest way (if possible for your area) make a coinbase.com account. it's a bitcoin wallet and you can buy bitcoin there.

to get bitshares (easiest way)

1. buy bitcoin at coinbase
2 download bitshares client https://bitshares.org/get-started - follow the steps
3. go to metaexchange.info or shapeshift.io and choose BTC > BitShares

it's a broad explanation, just ask if you need some in depth help

edit: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,14734 here's a guide for paypal > bitcoin > bitshares
edit2: don't use the web wallet, it's early beta
« Last Edit: May 26, 2015, 08:56:55 pm by favdesu »

Offline Pheonike

Welcome to the future!

Offline dan777

• View Profile
First things first, do you know how to get and use bitcoin?

No i dont, my goodness ive got lots to learn!

Offline dan777

• View Profile
thanks heaps guys ill start going through all your info now. Really appreciate it:)

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
if you have Bitcoin you can use metaexchange.info to convert into BTS or direct into bitAssets if you prefer it.