Author Topic: A Minecraft-Inspired Game With NXT-Backed Property Rights and DRM  (Read 3004 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Just thought I'd drop by and share my thoughts.

I've worked closely with both Bitshares and Nxt.
Nxt helped us raise 5k around last september to revamp our technology stack on the website and release a better version.
We'd issued what would be a BUIA (bitshares user issued asset) in Nxt - issues on the NXT Asset exchange.
We'd around 1 million tokens and liquidated only around 200k of those tokens to raise the amount.
The strategy was to raise "exactly" what was needed and not to go with how most crowd funds work - raising random, high amounts.
In the 3 months we raised funds, I made it a point to keep donators updated about progress and what I thought we could do better.
I'd promised giving the funders a cut of our profit, and we've been paying dividends succesfully for 3 months now.
I also had the wonderful opportunity of networking within Nxt's ecosystem and finding some amazing contacts.

With Bitshares, my approach was drastically different.
I'd come here at a time we were rolling out our advertising program and we were openly looking at coins that would benefit by working with us.
The most obvious candidate was Bitshares play so I made it a point to visit here, post a brief on what we do and where' we're headed, did the same with the Play talk forum and had little responses. Fuzzy was extremely helpful. Same with Stan, Max and Adam. All marketing leads worked (and continue) to do the same closely with us and we do have a line of products coming up from our end, some of which would have certain aspects of Bitshares integrated into it.

If PLS intends to do things of the same level, they'd have to make themselves more available and open to interaction and integration.
Admittedly, we at FS have been trying to get in touch with them - with  zero responses from the Play team for weeks now.
Sadly, we're also looking at an entire suite of products that fit in perfectly with what they are building.
Given the scale of our user base (100k monthly)  I believe a collaboration would benefit both houses,
So.. here's a random shout out to Hackerfish  - we should talk and hopefully, work together.

Looking to hear more about it!

I've been extremely silent for a while, focusing on what matters.
We have the basic structure for the betting platform ready, and the game item exchange being worked out at the moment.
There comes a point of time where silent work matters more than random blabber, I believe I've been having that moment for a while.
We've had a very strong backing from Nxt with certain elements of our work. Adam Ernest, Stan and Max have been helpful in getting me close to the ecosystem here. I intend to demo some of our work in the next 2-3 weeks. I'll also be sharing a document on our eco-system and what we strive to be in the next year pretty soon. 

Sadly, we have had zero response from Playshares even now. While there are lots of synergies to work upon together, a lack of correspondence does put us back by a bit. While am open to the spirit of collaboration and mutual growth, there's nothing we can do until people see the opportunity lying ahead of them.

As a heads up, we're currently working on Lyth as a key partner in terms of tech/dev. I wonder if there are any similiar projects in the bithshares ecosystem. If there are, we're glad to join hands and make some of it happen.   As a company, we've constantly been positioning ourselves in the lucrative zone  where gaming and crypto's meet. The beauty, thrill and exuberance of gaming  combined with the power of crypto is what motivates us to wake up every morning and kick in to work.

I am constantly available on skype (Freebie.servers) in case you have any queries regarding what we're building.

P.s - we intend to have a counter-strike tournament aimed at crypto-startups on our opening night of the betting platform. In case you're interested, drop me a pm.

#theriseofthesyndicate
+5%
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Xypher

• View Profile

Nxt helped us raise 5k around last september to revamp our technology stack on the website and release a better version.
We'd issued what would be a BUIA (bitshares user issued asset) in Nxt - issues on the NXT Asset exchange.
We'd around 1 million tokens and liquidated only around 200k of those tokens to raise the amount.
The strategy was to raise "exactly" what was needed and not to go with how most crowd funds work - raising random, high amounts.
In the 3 months we raised funds, I made it a point to keep donators updated about progress and what I thought we could do better.
I'd promised giving the funders a cut of our profit, and we've been paying dividends succesfully for 3 months now.
I also had the wonderful opportunity of networking within Nxt's ecosystem and finding some amazing contacts.

I'd come here at a time we were rolling out our advertising program and we were openly looking at coins that would benefit by working with us.
The most obvious candidate was Bitshares play so I made it a point to visit here, post a brief on what we do and where' we're headed, did the same with the Play talk forum and had little responses. Fuzzy was extremely helpful. Same with Stan, Max and Adam. All marketing leads worked (and continue) to do the same closely with us and we do have a line of products coming up from our end, some of which would have certain aspects of Bitshares integrated into it.

If PLS intends to do things of the same level, they'd have to make themselves more available and open to interaction and integration.
Admittedly, we at FS have been trying to get in touch with them - with  zero responses from the Play team for weeks now.
Sadly, we're also looking at an entire suite of products that fit in perfectly with what they are building.
Given the scale of our user base (100k monthly)  I believe a collaboration would benefit both houses,
So.. here's a random shout out to Hackerfish  - we should talk and hopefully, work together.

I've been extremely silent for a while, focusing on what matters.
We have the basic structure for the betting platform ready, and the game item exchange being worked out at the moment.
There comes a point of time where silent work matters more than random blabber, I believe I've been having that moment for a while.
We've had a very strong backing from Nxt with certain elements of our work. Adam Ernest, Stan and Max have been helpful in getting me close to the ecosystem here. I intend to demo some of our work in the next 2-3 weeks. I'll also be sharing a document on our eco-system and what we strive to be in the next year pretty soon. 

Sadly, we have had zero response from Playshares even now. While there are lots of synergies to work upon together, a lack of correspondence does put us back by a bit. While am open to the spirit of collaboration and mutual growth, there's nothing we can do until people see the opportunity lying ahead of them.

As a heads up, we're currently working on Lyth as a key partner in terms of tech/dev. I wonder if there are any similiar projects in the bithshares ecosystem. If there are, we're glad to join hands and make some of it happen.   As a company, we've constantly been positioning ourselves in the lucrative zone  where gaming and crypto's meet. The beauty, thrill and exuberance of gaming  combined with the power of crypto is what motivates us to wake up every morning and kick in to work.

I am constantly available on skype (Freebie.servers) in case you have any queries regarding what we're building.

P.s - we intend to have a counter-strike tournament aimed at crypto-startups on our opening night of the betting platform. In case you're interested, drop me a pm.

#theriseofthesyndicate

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

jaran

Ya I keep seeing interesting projects pop up that are using the NXT platform.

They have decentralized poker based on the nxt platrom in the works too.  Latest update is the poker team intends to have play money poker live within a month then onto real money poker....

In the meantime there is no info whatsoever from the play team...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2015, 09:12:36 pm by jran »

Offline Xypher

• View Profile

Offline 麥可貓

• View Profile

When will PLAY get to this point?

http://cointelegraph.com/news/114443/voxelnauts-a-minecraft-inspired-game-with-nxt-backed-property-rights-and-drm

Me too. I think this is a good chance to discuss about what should be kept in mind when combining blockchain and gaming. As items in this game will be registered on nxt blockchain, I view playing this game as one kind of 'mining' on nxt blockchain. And I can't stop thinking about what if the game has some usual 'flaw' in many games that players can get expensive items easily? For example, in diablo3 player can quickly level up through secret cow level (guarded by high level players). And high level players have higher chance to get rare items. On the other hand, there are some games that have bugs that can easily duplicate thier items. In those situation, the economics of games get cracked, and so does nxt if it is on its blockchain.
PTS: PmRVDPymZqSAZEXauHZSewrUrE66af7epT
BTSX: michaelcat
Delegate Team: x1.sun  x2.sun