Author Topic: New bitshares.org Feedback  (Read 13465 times)

Tuck Fheman

So all referer links should be updated to https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares.github.io?

Is this new link permanent?

Offline vikram

Offline vikram

Github link now redirects to the old bitshares.org page? I really love the new design and information structuring, bring it back!

All links should not point to the new website. Old site is temporarily accessible at http://v1.bitshares.org/

Offline vikram

Big Money audience: "industrial-grade financial smart contract platform" is a great hook.
Top line of links/puffs though I would have thought should be "Decentralized Asset Exchange"; "High Performance and Scalability"; "Collateralized Bond Market". I don't know but whatever will ensure that the key audience is hooked.. they may not scroll down that webpage that looks like every other webpage unless there are enough hooks on first glance.

Reordered the features somewhat.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline neo1344

• View Profile
New site is a tremendous work.one more giant step By Bitshares.Thanks to all.

Offline testz

Offline jz831

• View Profile
    • Customized ASIC Controllers
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline topcandle

r we going to get a good update next week?   :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Github link now redirects to the old bitshares.org page? I really love the new design and information structuring, bring it back!

yep guess something went wrong with Cloudflare setting up! pinged @vikram about!
This said, i've have to bump the meta/@mention thread ;)
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
We hadn't planned on it, as the site is focusing on BitShares as a smart contract platform with many features, not just the exchange feature.

Smart contracts are not even on the website, are they?

It's best to distinguish between "built-in" and "programmable" smart contracts.  Many of the new features can be viewed as built-in smart contract types.  More will be built in for max efficiency.  Then generalized programmable smart contracts will be added when they are ready for prime time.  But any insanely great smart contract types that emerge will tend to quickly get built in anyway for max efficiency.  So "programmable" smart contracts, when available, can be viewed as a prototyping capability for developing and choosing those worthy of becoming built in during the next regularly scheduled round of updates.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
I just realised, the blue banner is made up of graphene molecules.  Nice touch!  +5%

Offline profitofthegods

• View Profile
Looks great!

It seems heavy on targeting business users rather than consumers, so a bit more beginners stuff for basic features might be nice, but then again perhaps its best to let wallet providers like Moonstone go after that audience.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
Love the new site. Clean, well organised, great feature logos, gorgeous banner.

I'd like to add agreement to what others have suggested, a partners page, a workers page (who they are & status of project work, funds spent etc.)
Also, Bitshares, powered by Graphene has to be somewhere! :)
I'd like a really simple page for beginners....'what bitshares can do for you, right now'  'join the blockchain revolution, discover a new world' etc.......
Could the beautiful banner be used vertically in the features pages on the left to add a bit of colour?
Can you add a link to bitsharesblocks?
Can we add a page for market prices with graphs....

I'm absolutely certain you have big plans for building the site out.  Despite the hard work to produce the old site and it was very nice.....this new site is fantastic.  Really great work guys.  +5%

Oh, how about this somewhere if the community likes....

Innovation & Integrity, preserved by Bitshares, powered by Graphene.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2015, 11:32:03 am by Ben Mason »