Author Topic: [ANN] CCEDK to Publish its Order Books on the BitShares Blockchain  (Read 30161 times)

Offline monsterer

Order book sharing between exchanges? I could put up a buy order on exchange A and get it filled by someone selling on exchange B?  :o

It's more complicated than that:

* You deposit USD on CCEDK
* You trade it for CCEDK.USD on CCEDK
* You withdraw CCEDK.USD to your bitshares wallet

At this point you can trade CCEDK.USD for any other token on the bitshares DEX. So in order for you to trade against another exchange's tokens, you'd need to have a market between (or a route to) CCEDK.USD and the other token.

</educated guess>
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Riverhead

Calling BitShares a coin is like calling an airplane "bicycle 2.0".

We are moving far far beyond a "Coin".

I did NOT see this coming.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I... need some time to understand this. that's pure innovation  +5%

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Exchanges that use BitShares as their back end are now interoperable.

They keep their own customers (see our referral program) but now customers of all participating exchanges can interact via BitShares.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
Order book sharing between exchanges? I could put up a buy order on exchange A and get it filled by someone selling on exchange B?  :o

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 12:17:20 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
The BitShares Blockchain now has a whole new purpose.

Not only is it a second generation coin containing a decentralized exchange that produces smart-currency products...
Now it's also a transparent inter-company network letting exchanges give their customers and assets trading access to customers and assets on other exchanges.

Instead of competing with traditional exchanges,
we are multiplying the markets they can enjoy by networking with each other.

Here's the details about why this is revolutionary:

Now that you've had time to absorb all the cool new features in BitShares 2.0, its time to start unveiling some of the implications about what is possible.  In this post, I'll lay out one of them.

The BitShares Smartchain can serve as a backbone
to support live trading between traditional exchanges. 

Now, instead of having separate shallow markets inside their own stovepipe order books, they can use BitShares to enable all their customers to trade all their assets with the customers and assets of other exchanges.  Small exchanges can band together to attract medium exchanges to join them to compete with still bigger exchanges.  Like a rolling stone.

This greatly expands the network effect, liquidity and market depth of all participants.  A bigger pie for everyone.

And with our new referral system, every participating exchange keeps their own profits from signing up their own customers and issuing their own assets.

We have the perfect way for them to safely compete and cooperate on a single, compelling, transparent exchange network.

The BitShares Exchange Network.

So, exchanges can do more than just serve as gateways and bridges.
They can publish their own order books transparently on our Smartchain.
So everyone can KNOW that they are honest and solvent.

And every customer holds the keys to their own assets, fully decentralized where they won't be such juicy targets for hackers.
With easy to use multi-sig accounts to make those decentralized accounts even more secure.

BitShares 2.0 has the industrial strength to handle the workload of all member crypto exchanges combined.
It is the perfect application to serve as an inter exchange networking back bone.
(Almost like we planned it that way.)

Yeah, but it will never happen, right?

Not so fast! Check out this week's Big BitShares Announcement!

CCEDK.com will put its exchange on a transparent Smartchain offering to trade with other exchanges there.
(And provide them fiat ramps and crypto-aware debit card support in the mix.)

« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 08:09:04 pm by Stan »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
 This is good news.

Good job guys, I bet a lot of work went on behind the scenes to pull this together.

So this ties in with their mastercard as an off ramp right?

Offline Erlich Bachman

• I'm a pro
    • View Profile
"By placing their ledgers on the open BitShares network, CCEDK has positioned itself for rapid growth.  Exchanges with closed order books are going the way of the dinosaur."
« Last Edit: June 16, 2015, 12:03:14 pm by Erlich Bachman »
You own the network, but who pays for development?

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

It's always exciting when your coin gets listed on an exchange.
Imagine what its like when an exchange gets listed on your coin!

Today at a Bitcoin conference in Denmark, at this very moment, Ronny Boesing is announcing just that.

Cryptonomex, Bit-X, and CCEDK are announcing a new partnership that will change everything in the crypto industry.
Here's Ronny's Press Release and our Big BitShares Bulletin of the Week:

Danish Firm Set to Revolutionize the Cryptocurrency Industry

« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 05:24:35 pm by cass »