Author Topic: New accounts last 24h:  (Read 34043 times)

Offline vikram

My understanding is that after 17th June, names of 8 characters or more need to be registered via the faucet to avoid the prefix. Up to and including this date 8 character names will be fine, even if the faucet wasn't used.

I haven't seen this June 17th date, but let's assume that's correct, then it should go something like this ...

All 8 char names reg'd before June 8th will migrate as-is.
All 8 char names reg'd after June 8th up to 2.O will be prefixed at migration.
All 9+ char names reg'd anywhere before June 17th will migrate as-is.
All 9+ char names reg'd at the faucet after June 17th will migrate as-is.
All 9+ char names reg'd anywhere else after June 17th up to 2.O will be prefixed at migration.

Is that correct?

As it now says here: https://bitshares.org/blog/2015/06/08/migrating-to-bitshares-2.0/#account-name-migration

• All names registered before June 8 + all non-premium names registered before June 18 + all non-premium names registered using faucet : will be migrated exactly
  • All premium names registered before June 18 + all premium names registered using faucet : will be migrated but prefixed
  • All names registered outside of faucet on and after June 18 : will not be migrated

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
the deadline changed???  jun 8→ jun 17 ?
for migrate bts1.0 id to bts2.0 with no BTS- Prefix

Offline sudo

• View Profile
USER STATS
Number of accounts: 86,148
Number of sub-accounts: 671
New accounts last 24h: 48,602
New accounts last 7d: 48,908

Offline sudo

• View Profile
deadline  changed????

Tuck Fheman

My understanding is that after 17th June, names of 8 characters or more need to be registered via the faucet to avoid the prefix. Up to and including this date 8 character names will be fine, even if the faucet wasn't used.

I haven't seen this June 17th date, but let's assume that's correct, then it should go something like this ...

All 8 char names reg'd before June 8th will migrate as-is.
All 8 char names reg'd after June 8th up to 2.O will be prefixed at migration.
All 9+ char names reg'd anywhere before June 17th will migrate as-is.
All 9+ char names reg'd at the faucet after June 17th will migrate as-is.
All 9+ char names reg'd anywhere else after June 17th up to 2.O will be prefixed at migration.

Is that correct?

Offline Krills

• View Profile
I just got to say.. It's pretty damn  impressive the names were allowed to be kept. Certainly more than fair in a world where getting mass accounts like this banned are common place.
>:( +5% +5%

Tuck Fheman

Why did you make name registration free in the first place?

That was "many names ago" (how we talk of BitShares in our teepee), but for some reason I remember something about it being done to basically get things off the ground, get transactions going, get the system going, get something going???

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
We are updating the migration rules to indicate that only names registered by the faucet will be migrated without a prefix.

woah, is this change retroactive or does it start on a certain date?

so, names registered after 6/8 with more than 8 chars will be prefixed UNLESS they are registered by the faucet as of this date <please fill in the date>, is that correct?

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Tuck Fheman

It's about how much one of my domains ended up being put up for sale after I forgot to renew it one year. It was not even a popular term of any kind. Yet, if I wanted it back.. $2k was the ask.

if you don't mind answering, was it .com and how many chars?

Tuck Fheman

We are updating the migration rules to indicate that only names registered by the faucet will be migrated without a prefix.

woah, is this change retroactive or does it start on a certain date?

so, names registered after 6/8 with more than 8 chars will be prefixed UNLESS they are registered by the faucet as of this date <please fill in the date>, is that correct?

Offline svk

Sorry for both changing the subject and being picky here but this 'live site' is down for me for about 9h now.

Hmm.  Bitsharesblocks is working just fine for me.

Hmm what is the last block you see when you go to blocks...for me it is 2,827,953

It's slowly working it's way through the blocks now, it had gotten stuck somehow :(
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

$2000 user names from this character.

interesting, how did you arrive at this figure (even facetiously)?

It's about how much one of my domains ended up being put up for sale after I forgot to renew it one year. It was not even a popular term of any kind. Yet, if I wanted it back.. $2k was the ask.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Thom

I just cut this off bsb under network health: 2829313

Under blocks it is:
Code: [Select]
2,829,423  Jun 17, 2015 7:16:00 PM  valzav.payroll.testz  7 0.70 BTS Account registration (7) 0.70 BTS
« Last Edit: June 18, 2015, 12:07:15 am by Thom »
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Sorry for both changing the subject and being picky here but this 'live site' is down for me for about 9h now.

Hmm.  Bitsharesblocks is working just fine for me.

Hmm what is the last block you see when you go to blocks...for me it is 2,827,953
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
In fact, for the next few days: if you had an account prior to June 8th, if there is name I have which you would like to own, let me know your name and I'll arrange to give you the private key of the name you want.

I just had a funny idea...
Wouldn't it be ironic if every single member of the BitShares community took you up on this offer and asked for one name each!?
This isn't a serious proposal, and isn't intended to upset you NameNarwhal, but the idea occurred to me, and I can't stop smiling about it!
Ha hahahah aha hahahah ahha hahhahah aha haaaaa! :P

I had another idea!

I listened to this hangout earlier today. Bytemaster (should 'bytemaster' be capitalized at the beginning of a sentence?) said they were considering giving people life memberships if they give $50 to Cryptonomex.

@NameNarwhal - would it be worth upgrading all of your accounts to life memberships at this cheap rate, in order to make them more valuable? How much would you end up giving to Cryptonomex!? :P

@everyone - has there been any more mention of this 'special offer' since the hangout?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads