Author Topic: The Name Game  (Read 2036 times)

Tuck Fheman

Someone very early on went and registered most of the forum handles. zeus was gone day 1.

Someone is going up the alphabet.

Uniqueness has it's benefits.  ;)

Offline mint chocolate chip

Someone very early on went and registered most of the forum handles. zeus was gone day 1.

Someone is going up the alphabet.

Tuck Fheman

@  Tuck Fheman. Dude, I am not sure I understand your points and what are you saying to me..

Do you think is unfair to ask back my forum name that I registered on this forum in November 2013 and then when BTS launched a squatter rushed into registering this name on BTS blockchain, at a time when names had absolutely no value? And I was obliged to change my nice forum name to this new crap "mf-tzo" so anyone won't be interested in my forum name anymore and to avoid any future confusions..Same thing happened to Toast as well.

Anyway, don't really care. Whoever did that can keep it. The Greek Gods will never allow him to sell it for more than $1

* this is not directed at you personally, but I must use your stance as my centerpiece *

I just have to put aside the assumption that it's wrong to register "someone else's" imaginary name.  By my estimate, it's silly.

If there were no rules or mechanism to prevent it, how is the other person wrong? They played the game by the rules.

How long did you wait until you attempted to register "your name"?

It appears that you feel that a forum name constitutes the right to that same name on the blockchain, is that correct?

Then the issue would be the "squatters" (you) who registered "zeus" on the forum when "I" wanted the name "zeus" because it's "mine". What's so different? Nothing. It's silly IMHO.

This "ownership" of letters is what baffles me. Everyone just assumes, well since I "squatted" a name on the forum lots of other people wanted, I should just be handed that same name on the blockchain!

That's what I don't get. Who declared that you personally were entitled to the forum name "zeus", despite others wanting that name and probably proclaiming in some room, "that guy got zeus before me and I'm entitled to it, we need to do something!".

In all honesty, does that even make sense? I'm not judging you as a person, just perhaps you've not thought of it in this manner (I mean, who the fuck would!), but it's just silly.

When did "ownership" of "zeus" on the blockchain begin, this is the question. Was it when you registered "zeus" on the forum or was it when "zeus" from Omaha was driving home thinking, "damn, I'm "zeus" everywhere else I go, I'm going to be "zeus" on the BitShares forum too!".

Then "OmahaZeus" (as he's known now because of you! lulz), gets home to find out some "squatter" (you) has registered "zeus" on the BitShares forum and nowwww he can't be "zeus" on the BitShares blockchain.  (sarcasm used for effect, not to demean you personally)

Edit : Also, how much did you "pay" for this forum name you have now? What's that, you got it for free?? Error, error! Since ownership of all BitShares blockchain account names belong to forum names then we need to start charging an exorbitant amount for forum names to be sure no one squats blockchain names in the future.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2015, 08:20:19 am by Tuck Fheman »

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
@  Tuck Fheman. Dude, I am not sure I understand your points and what are you saying to me..

Do you think is unfair to ask back my forum name that I registered on this forum in November 2013 and then when BTS launched a squatter rushed into registering this name on BTS blockchain, at a time when names had absolutely no value? And I was obliged to change my nice forum name to this new crap "mf-tzo" so anyone won't be interested in my forum name anymore and to avoid any future confusions..Same thing happened to Toast as well.

Anyway, don't really care. Whoever did that can keep it. The Greek Gods will never allow him to sell it for more than $1

Tuck Fheman

I wouldn't mind if the squatter that registered my original forum name "zeus" decides to give it back to me...If he doesn't have the courtesy though to give it back to me I would maybe be prepared to pay him $3 for his speedy efforts squatting my name when BTS was launched.

dude, seriously?

give it back to me

sure, I've been up nearly 24 hrs (and that's probably it), but damn man, I just don't get this attitude from a lot of people here.

please enlighten me how the four letters arranged into "zeus" is "yours" and why anyone should be asked to "give it back"?

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
I wouldn't mind if the squatter that registered my original forum name "zeus" decides to give it back to me...If he doesn't have the courtesy though to give it back to me I would maybe be prepared to pay him $3 for his speedy efforts squatting my name when BTS was launched.

Tuck Fheman

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
  • In your opinion, which name of yours is worth the most, if you were to sell?
  • How much do you think it's worth or how much will you take for it in BitShares/USD?
  • What is the funniest name you own?
  • What name will you never sell (not including your real/forum name)?
  • What name would you like to own, that is currently registered by someone else?
  • How much in BitShares/USD would you be willing to pay for that name?

1. fav or smartcoin
2. I guess something around 10-100 bitUSD. if there will be more features like dns or mail price will increase
4. fav
5. f :D
6. $10

Tuck Fheman

• In your opinion, which name of yours is worth the most, if you were to sell?
  • How much do you think it's worth or how much will you take for it in BitShares/USD?
  • What is the funniest name you own?
  • What name will you never sell (not including your real/forum name)?
  • What name would you like to own, that is currently registered by someone else?
  • How much in BitShares/USD would you be willing to pay for that name?

« Last Edit: June 19, 2015, 02:24:37 pm by Tuck Fheman »