Author Topic: Rename to Muse  (Read 7193 times)

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
Muse is a terrible name anyway, trade mark arguments aside. It suggests something whimsical rather than something of value like a bank note.
Notes is an excellent name as it suggests value and music. To coin a phrase musically you use notes.

"Muse" is the new name for "BitShares Music". There's no planned change to "Notes" afaik.

I think "Muse" is a great name for the blockchain. I'm not an attorney, but calling the blockchain "Muse" is clearly different from using the name for a band, show, or performance. Most mainstream users wouldn't be interacting directly with the blockchain.

still, what matters is that it might cause unnecessary problems that can jeopardize the project when we could easily avoid it now.

I understand your concern, but I've heard cob say several times that the legal costs (lawyers) for this project were fairly high, so without an official answer I would tend to assume such an important part like branding has been vetted by the legal team. In any case, it's in their best interest to do so before any official launch.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Muse is a terrible name anyway, trade mark arguments aside. It suggests something whimsical rather than something of value like a bank note.
Notes is an excellent name as it suggests value and music. To coin a phrase musically you use notes.

"Muse" is the new name for "BitShares Music". There's no planned change to "Notes" afaik.

I think "Muse" is a great name for the blockchain. I'm not an attorney, but calling the blockchain "Muse" is clearly different from using the name for a band, show, or performance. Most mainstream users wouldn't be interacting directly with the blockchain.

still, what matters is that it might cause unnecessary problems that can jeopardize the project when we could easily avoid it now.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline pendragon3

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

So peertracks will keep its name too?!

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Goodtiming

• View Profile

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Some members have already expressed concern with this new name, as one of the biggest bands known of had the exact same name. Could we have some input from Peertracks staff?

Are you going forward with this? What about possible consequences?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads