Author Topic: Rename to Muse  (Read 7198 times)

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
For anyone who's unaware, there is this thread from April 2014, called "Website name. Brainstorming".

It's 16 pages of suggestions. Anyone who's not seen it before may get some ideas from it for an inspired suggestion.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
BitShares Music keeps the bts brand together and all the combined 'BitShares' links should help SEO
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

chryspano

Mercury

or maybe Apollo god of music(among other things)

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
If a unique name must be used, please don't combine two words together like Musidy or llulanote or Musempo... Its very cliche for tech startups

Offline pendragon3

How about ... Musechain or Muse-chain or Muse Chain?

I like NOTES for units.

Trade NOTES on the MUSER blockchain.

Muser sounds cool too. It's what Muse fans are called, but maybe we can say it's short for Music User.  :P

That image never gets old GMF. ;)

Muser seems too whimsical and lightweight imo, kind of like deezer. We need to think bigger and longer-term. I still like muse a lot. But, if it's a no-go, then a simple name with gravitas and universal appeal would be best. Two possibilities that come to mind:

Aura (top choice, after muse)
Mercury

Tuck Fheman

How about ... Musechain or Muse-chain or Muse Chain? 

Edit : MuseTracks, Museter, Napster 2.O. ;)

I like NOTES for units.

Muser sounds cool too. It's what Muse fans are called, but maybe we can say it's short for Music User.  :P

That image never gets old GMF. ;)
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 07:31:53 pm by Tuck Fheman »

Tuck Fheman

I would be more concerned about SEO.

Nailed it.

Xeldal

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Why does the blockchain need a name? Do you plan on trademarking it?  Does naming it add more value than the possible legal, trademark and copyright costs that may be associated with it?

Why not just keep it "Bitshares Music Blockchain"

Offline Pheonike

Here you go then

The "MELODIC" blockchain.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 06:51:07 pm by Pheonike »

Offline Permie

• View Profile
I like Notes (money, music, messages, add them up to get a harmony) backing assets on the Notes-blockchain

What benefit is there to having a specific name for the blockchain? I say call a spade a spade, I think any other name would lead people to follow with '...y'know... the notes blockchain'
BTSDEX.COM

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Guys feel free to through in ideas.
Less problems, more solutions  :D

So give tell me what you think a good Blockchain name is.

Tell me what you think a good unit name is.

I'm not saying we are changing it! Just open to genios ideas from a smart community that's all (:
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile
calling something music related after a world famous band is more than gambling with the outcome of the project. It is like smoking at a gas station.

The technical outcome will most likely be ok, but the common sense tells you to not do this, especially when you draw attention to you.

I already quoted the article about the band kraftwerk suing a company which named their product the same....

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Muse is a terrible name anyway, trade mark arguments aside. It suggests something whimsical rather than something of value like a bank note.
Notes is an excellent name as it suggests value and music. To coin a phrase musically you use notes.

"Muse" is the new name for "BitShares Music". There's no planned change to "Notes" afaik.

I think "Muse" is a great name for the blockchain. I'm not an attorney, but calling the blockchain "Muse" is clearly different from using the name for a band, show, or performance. Most mainstream users wouldn't be interacting directly with the blockchain.

still, what matters is that it might cause unnecessary problems that can jeopardize the project when we could easily avoid it now.

I understand your concern, but I've heard cob say several times that the legal costs (lawyers) for this project were fairly high, so without an official answer I would tend to assume such an important part like branding has been vetted by the legal team. In any case, it's in their best interest to do so before any official launch.
How many fan-pages and gig ticket websites will people have to scroll past to find it?
Although it's probably more likely that users will search "Peertracks" or "Competitortracks" etc

@Chuck that doesn't mean that others won't try and make us spend money and resources trying to prove there is no problem. That would seriously slow the project down.

@Permie indeed that's another problem we have overlooked, didn't even thought about it tbh, nice pointing that out. Just try searching for "nxt" and you get pages of wrestling stuff. With Muse it will probably be the same thing. And if people can't find what they want on the first page of google, they surely won't try harder to find it
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Permie

• View Profile
Muse is a terrible name anyway, trade mark arguments aside. It suggests something whimsical rather than something of value like a bank note.
Notes is an excellent name as it suggests value and music. To coin a phrase musically you use notes.

"Muse" is the new name for "BitShares Music". There's no planned change to "Notes" afaik.

I think "Muse" is a great name for the blockchain. I'm not an attorney, but calling the blockchain "Muse" is clearly different from using the name for a band, show, or performance. Most mainstream users wouldn't be interacting directly with the blockchain.

still, what matters is that it might cause unnecessary problems that can jeopardize the project when we could easily avoid it now.

I understand your concern, but I've heard cob say several times that the legal costs (lawyers) for this project were fairly high, so without an official answer I would tend to assume such an important part like branding has been vetted by the legal team. In any case, it's in their best interest to do so before any official launch.
How many fan-pages and gig ticket websites will people have to scroll past to find it?
Although it's probably more likely that users will search "Peertracks" or "Competitortracks" etc
BTSDEX.COM