Author Topic: Roanoke Times Article  (Read 3890 times)

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
I thought BM's original post was quite amusing.  I can imagine him patiently explaining the basics...which let's face it, are still difficult to wrap your head around, whilst trying to contain the myriad other thoughts clamoring for his attention.  Important, necessary, but a tad frustrating. I doubt the journalist would have been offended given that they must have struck up some kind of rapport and not everyone has paper thin skin! 

I don't like the idea of BM being censored any more than he is already.  In this forum we should be allowed to express our emotions from time to time......surely he can express a smidgen of frustration without reprimand...?

I enjoyed the article and thought the journo did well  +5%

Offline phillyguy

http://www.roanoke.com/business/news/blacksburg/blacksburg-based-bitshares-looking-to-make-strides-in-cryptocurrency-market/article_ec846f22-f495-5d0c-9da4-53f8c7a9afa6.html

I haven't read it, but I don't have high expectations given the reporters inability to keep two thoughts in his head at the same time.    Someone else read it and tell me how he did...
It takes less than 5 minutes to read the article and judge for yourself.
It takes much more than 5 minutes to undo the PR damage caused by coming across as being arrogant.

+5%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline James212

• View Profile

What he wrote is very general and basic but if we intend to go mainstream this is the level of understanding most future users will be happy with.

+5%
BTS: theangelwaveproject

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I read just over half and it looked good and fairly positive, no strong takeaways. What it did well is tempts a closer look at BitShares, from those who might be interested. So, having depth obvious and available to those who follow through will be important. Perhaps put a header on this forum pointing to the principal website; blog; and other more technical raw detail.

Triox makes his point too strong but it's true that more press releases and other forms of communication, targeted at different audiences, will become more important.

good ideas here ... and yes i'm getting triox point on this ...!

Absolutelely agreed on different communication modells and audiences for different demographical usergroups ... so better to say suited communication to multi-target groups

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline davidpbrown

I read just over half and it looked good and fairly positive, no strong takeaways. What it did well is tempts a closer look at BitShares, from those who might be interested. So, having depth obvious and available to those who follow through will be important. Perhaps put a header on this forum pointing to the principal website; blog; and other more technical raw detail.

Triox makes his point too strong but it's true that more press releases and other forms of communication, targeted at different audiences, will become more important.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 10:03:00 am by davidpbrown »
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline lakerta06

http://www.roanoke.com/business/news/blacksburg/blacksburg-based-bitshares-looking-to-make-strides-in-cryptocurrency-market/article_ec846f22-f495-5d0c-9da4-53f8c7a9afa6.html

I haven't read it, but I don't have high expectations given the reporters inability to keep two thoughts in his head at the same time.    Someone else read it and tell me how he did...

You should be more concerned about how YOU did, not some poor schmuck who you showered with a ton of unnecessary details and terms that he probably heard for the first time in his life. Your inability of conveying your company's vision to the general public is your internal PR problem. If you're going to talk to the general press, perhaps try some media training instead of throwing insults at journalists.

is this an attempt of irony?

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Great article covering the basics. we need more like this.

expecting tutorials for 2.0 - eg. explain the bond market to me like I'm five.

jakub

It takes less than 5 minutes to read the article and judge for yourself.
It takes much more than 5 minutes to undo the PR damage caused by coming across as being arrogant.

The reporter did a fine job in my opinion.
What he wrote is very general and basic but if we intend to go mainstream this is the level of understanding most future users will be happy with.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

I just read the article and didnt think it was that bad. I guess it could have been better written, but all in all i thought it was pretty good.

For the record, BM does a good job of explaining the BitShares concept. I would suggest that everyone here would agree to that and the mumbles prove it.

I think if you're not involved in crypto the whole thing can prove complicated and difficult to visualize.

+5% Spot on.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

I just read the article and didnt think it was that bad. I guess it could have been better written, but all in all i thought it was pretty good.

For the record, BM does a good job of explaining the BitShares concept. I would suggest that everyone here would agree to that and the mumbles prove it.

I think if you're not involved in crypto the whole thing can prove complicated and difficult to visualize.

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile
Dude.  BM is very good at explaining things.   Other journalists seem to get it. 

A journalist should do their own homework prior to writing.    That's their job.   

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile

You should be more concerned about how YOU did, not some poor schmuck who you showered with a ton of unnecessary details and terms that he probably heard for the first time in his life. Your inability of conveying your company's vision to the general public is your internal PR problem. If you're going to talk to the general press, perhaps try some media training instead of throwing insults at journalists.
U wanna vote in another marketing delegate?
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Tuck Fheman

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox

Edited as well. Stuff like that shouldn't stay on the web, it WILL be dragged out by competition, just look at the PR s*storm between Ripple and Stellar.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2015, 05:07:06 pm by triox »