Author Topic: 150 PTS - BOUNTY - Write HOW-TO for initializing genesis blocks. [CLOSED]  (Read 17518 times)

Offline alatvian

• View Profile
I think I may have done this in part.  I mined a genesis block but didn't get the public key correct, so I think the genesis block shares (coins) are gone.  I know what I did wrong, but it's already (sort-of) out in the wild so I can't change it now without a full reboot. 

Also, I'm not sure I understand what "honor AngelShares for PTS and BTC contributors" means.  I forked the ProtoShares source code to develop a system to distribute & sell shares in my business.  Does this mean I am expected to pay a certain royalty to holders of AngelShares?

If your fork PTS code to do so then yes, but PTS is just a bitcoin client so you can fork from Bitcoin and do the same thing.  The problem is you will require mining.   If you want to use BTS to do this then you will have to honor AGS holders. 

This seems off topic.

It is.  And it is also shocking.

To bring it back to topic, I haven't done anything to ensure that the genesis block contains proper ratios and payouts to BTS/AGS shareholders.  That appears to be the bulk of the work requested in this bounty.  If I'm understanding the system correctly, an "Entity" (me) can do one of two things:
  • Fork the PTS code to create a shareholder system for their business without honoring the royalty to BTS/AGS shareholders.  In this case they receive nothing from the BitShares community except for the source code.
  • Fork the code and honor the royalty.  Before the genesis block, a program or script is run to read the PTS blockchain and alter the forked source code to have a maximum of 10 times the total Proto Shares (PTS), to include payouts to all current PTS holders within the genesis block itself, and to generate the block and public keys accordingly.  Then, release happens, mining starts, and all is right with the world (though I'm not sure what an "Entity" would get for this extra effort).

Offline bytemaster

I think I may have done this in part.  I mined a genesis block but didn't get the public key correct, so I think the genesis block shares (coins) are gone.  I know what I did wrong, but it's already (sort-of) out in the wild so I can't change it now without a full reboot. 

Also, I'm not sure I understand what "honor AngelShares for PTS and BTC contributors" means.  I forked the ProtoShares source code to develop a system to distribute & sell shares in my business.  Does this mean I am expected to pay a certain royalty to holders of AngelShares?

If your fork PTS code to do so then yes, but PTS is just a bitcoin client so you can fork from Bitcoin and do the same thing.  The problem is you will require mining.   If you want to use BTS to do this then you will have to honor AGS holders. 

This seems off topic.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline alatvian

• View Profile

Offline FreeTrade

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
I recommend Freetrade to this one.

Sorry - really busy with MemoryCoin right now, good luck with it.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Let's work on the technical writing part first, I think for the scripts for part 1 and 3 we should work with the guys working on the angelshares explorer.

#2 is totally up to the DAC implementors, isn't it? All I can think to say is "I3 has pledged at least 10% of all future DAC shares to protoshareholders. This is a good number if you want to ensure the interest and support of the protoshares community."

I get what you are saying, but i was thinking more along the lines of doing a Technical Description along with Screenshots of the actual work being done, that way we are versed in the actual process of initializing genesis blocks. Maybe if the bounty is raised we can go ahead and do an entire Example DAC.

Offline bytemaster

Let's work on the technical writing part first, I think for the scripts for part 1 and 3 we should work with the guys working on the angelshares explorer.

#2 is totally up to the DAC implementors, isn't it? All I can think to say is "I3 has pledged at least 10% of all future DAC shares to protoshareholders. This is a good number if you want to ensure the interest and support of the protoshares community."

#2 should use BitShares as an example of how to scale.   
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline barwizi

• View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org

Offline bytemaster

This bounty is for writing a PROFESSIONAL instruction guide on how to initialize a new genesis block for a DAC.  You may need to team with someone who can write the scripts necessary to parse the PTS and Bitcoin blockchains.

1) Describe how to generate a CSV table that lists the total unspent balance for each address
2) Describe how to scale balances for your particular currency supply
3) Describe how to honor AngelShares for PTS and BTC contributors
4) Instructions must work on all platforms starting from a clean computer.

This bounty is still PENDING and subject to change until discussion can settle on the complete spec and evaluation criteria.  All drafts must be made public and if one person copies another both parties must agree as to the division of the payout to receive the bounty. 

Once again, there is a 1 PTS referral bounty if you refer the winner(s).
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 09:03:49 am by bytemaster »