Author Topic: Massive Buy Order on the DEX for bitUSD  (Read 1784 times)

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Or maybe someone convinced the car dealer that they were only going to do a deal for their new beamer if they took payment in bitUSD.
Yes, this!  :D

clout

yeah that big buy order is there almost constantly now with changing bid to match peg...almost certainly a bundle of expired shorts. i do my best to cover my positions before they get lumped into this black hole.
You can still cover your position if it expires and is placed on the feed. I would imagine that a lot of the shorts positions do have extra money to cover their positions but would rather not prematurely realize any gains or losses as well as incur a the cost of crossing the spread to buy bitusd. At least that's why I haven't covered yet.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
yeah that big buy order is there almost constantly now with changing bid to match peg...almost certainly a bundle of expired shorts. i do my best to cover my positions before they get lumped into this black hole.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Ya I've been wondering about this order.
Its bid has been changing right?

Oh it might be all the expired shorts that still need to cover... that would explain the changing bid
I bet that's the case...

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Or maybe someone convinced the car dealer that they were only going to do a deal for their new beamer if they took payment in bitUSD.

Just say'en.. I have started to do this myself.. ask my vendors to take bitUSD and to pay me in bitUSD.. my success rate has been pretty good.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Oh it might be all the expired shorts that still need to cover... that would explain the changing bid

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Anyone see this $60,000 buy order for bitUSD on the DEX?  Either someone is very bearish bts, or maybe they are thinking of making payments to people it bitUSD.  Would be great if it's the latter of the two.