Author Topic: [ANN] Peak Venture Group Adopts the BitShares Exchange Network  (Read 39761 times)

Offline valtr

• View Profile
Good news. Much better than a dead project.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Sorry, I missed this post.

He's not dead yet!

I've talked with Steve several times recently and he is still working on multiple BitShares centric projects, one or more of which he thinks may be ready to announce this Spring.  After hitting "reset" last summer, I don't expect him to say anything more about it till he's got more of his ducks in a row.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 04:22:38 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Ronald_Law

• View Profile

Tuck Fheman

Someone who expects every lead to materialize and every third party to deliver on its promises clearly has no experience with startups. That isn't how things work in business. You're lucky if 1 in 10 of these things ever develops. Kudos to Stan and the team for continuing to keep us in the loop.

+5% +5%

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
i'm afraid I didn't make it into the shower this morning so I hope cleanish is acceptable for today.....

LOL - i welcome you to the world of the workaholic and my stinky never-gets-laid clan. ;)

Ha! Thanks....i think!  :D

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
i'm afraid I didn't make it into the shower this morning so I hope cleanish is acceptable for today.....

LOL - i welcome you to the world of the workaholic and my stinky never-gets-laid clan. ;)
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
Don't forget trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent ;)
WEBELOS!

Ha, absolutely ken......although I should probably add that of course we can't as individuals be all these amazing things all the time and it would be boring if we were.  The odd fracas and passionate debate is inevitable and healthy.  Also, i'm afraid I didn't make it into the shower this morning so I hope cleanish is acceptable for today.....

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Don't forget trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean and reverent ;)
WEBELOS!
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Ben Mason

• View Profile
Stan can't be responsible for problems and business partners situations really to expect that would not be fair

Someone who expects every lead to materialize and every third party to deliver on its promises clearly has no experience with startups. That isn't how things work in business. You're lucky if 1 in 10 of these things ever develops. Kudos to Stan and the team for continuing to keep us in the loop.
Here is my take on it. Everybody here seems to be so intent on hearing the latest news and grilling the inner development team and inner consulting circle about what's next and why isn't this happening and when is this going to happen and why aren't we doing this.

Then when they try to include members in the loop or help with decision making process or getting your assistance with various things, I see people complain.

It must be a really difficult position for them to be in, and I do not envy them.

If you truly care about the project and where we're going, you don't have to agree with everything but I would say that people should really strive to bring value and positivity and assist however they can in making that dream come true.

Well said.  I'm sure Stan and others have rhino skin and will continue to use humor, reason and positivity to inspire, inform and entertain us all.  For other businesses seeking to leverage the enormous value in the forum, well they can take the best and leave the rest.  It is for us as a community to try to set high standards for ourselves across every aspect of our communications and expression.

If every individual makes a genuine effort to be courteous, open-minded, supportive, patient, positive, forgiving, generous, constructively critical, honest, creative, analytical, truth-valuing and a million other inspirational things, then the strength, depth, quality and value of this community will continue to grow.  It's up to us.

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
Stan can't be responsible for problems and business partners situations really to expect that would not be fair

Here is my take on it. Everybody here seems to be so intent on hearing the latest news and grilling the inner development team and inner consulting circle about what's next and why isn't this happening and when is this going to happen and why aren't we doing this.

Then when they try to include members in the loop or help with decision making process or getting your assistance with various things, I see people complain.

It must be a really difficult position for them to be in, and I do not envy them.

If you truly care about the project and where we're going, you don't have to agree with everything but I would say that people should really strive to bring value and positivity and assist however they can in making that dream come true.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 05:13:18 am by Murderistic »

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
I'm saying real businesses don't make business decisions based on forums...

Given:
Cryptonomex is a real business.
It makes decisions capitalizing on insights gained in this forum.
Therefore:
Real businesses do make business decisions based on forums.

Q.E.D.  :)

(We also have hired most of our staff based on relationships that began here.)

I'm sure cryptonomex has made several contacts on this forum... it remains to be seen if it is a real and viable business

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I'm saying real businesses don't make business decisions based on forums...

Given:
Cryptonomex is a real business.
It makes decisions capitalizing on insights gained in this forum.
Therefore:
Real businesses do make business decisions based on forums.

Q.E.D.  :)

(We also have hired most of our staff based on relationships that began here.)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile

Tragic.  What a strain on credibility

In business, you seldom have total control of events, in fact you seldom have any control.

You just pivot and carry on. 

Sometimes plans work out quicker than expected, sometimes there are setbacks that move projected goals.

To let a change in plans from a situation that you cannot discourage you, is to fail in business.

To carry on in spite of it all is the true measure of success.

Do not discourage yourself and others, celebrate the willingness to move forward in spite of all obstacles.

Of course you are right. That doesn't change the fact that Stan's cocksure attitude leaves a sour taste in the mouth of many community members. He's the boy who cried wolf at this point IMHO.
Horsefeathers. He has literally informed the community of developments as they have happened once he has been given liberty to do so. He is not then responsible for all the businesses that have shown an interest, nor the manner or timescale in which they execute their BitShares implementation. Stan is busy, along with many others, reaching out and forming partnerships that will sustain Cryptonomex and grow BitShares. This is precisely what BitShares needs. Any reasonable person would understand this and would be interested in learning of promising partnerships in development. If they succeed or adapt or fail is not down to Stan or anyone reaching out. What's important is the strategy and the direction.....there are people making the right things happen and if only some of them succeed, well a pebble can start an avalanche.

Yes, of course Ben - to everything you said. I just think his hyperbole is over the top and I personally don't find it very persuasive. Hopefully I'm eating crow in a few months.

Of course, I could keep all this stuff secret and be accused of insider trading...

You are free to research each announcement and make of them what you will.
Sorry I had to edit this post since I posted in the wrong thread. Stan can't be responsible for problems and business partners situations really to expect that would not be fair
« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 12:28:58 am by Murderistic »