Author Topic: [ANN] Peak Venture Group Adopts BitShares  (Read 8535 times)

Offline topcandle

"Our Chief of Acquisitions and Visionary Officer, Justin LaFountain, has been spearheading a whole new crypto currency venture maybe even bigger than gaming. Its flagship website will soon debut as a one-stop education and shopping site for everything about crypto.
Sounds very promising, do we know the website yet?

I do, but since they want to rethink everything about it based on BitShares integration, they are currently not making it public until ready - the old one is out there though, if you know where to look.  Second announcement from them may clear some things up later this month.
everything come from stans mouth was unlikelihood

Still, I guess there's always somebody who'll try to turn an encouraging word into a broken promise if they can.

:)

You set the norm that there would be an announcement each week.  You gave us the expectation that things would be handled with polished professionalism after the Chinese intervened.  We understand that things happen.  We see that there is still room for improvement.  A simple reaching out to the community, maybe quick sentence or two.  Instead of us the community pulling you for answers.  Why does it matter?  Well I think cause all these efforts displays your intent to do as you say.  And what you say could be taken authentically.  Otherwise what was the point of all the vast changes we made in October?  Can we take them seriously? 

Just my thoughts.  On the other hand you guys are always answer questions here on forums and we appreciate that.  We just think there should be consistency and better commitment to the PR piece like you had promised. 

PS: I'd rather have you guys not give any hints at all since they are always misconstrued and just have you surprise the community.  It lowers the expectation and allows you guys to over deliver. 
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 02:45:06 pm by topcandle »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

Two unannounced partners completely reworked their plans in July.
Three decided not to publish anything until they are completely ready.

nice  +5%
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
"Our Chief of Acquisitions and Visionary Officer, Justin LaFountain, has been spearheading a whole new crypto currency venture maybe even bigger than gaming. Its flagship website will soon debut as a one-stop education and shopping site for everything about crypto.

I do, but since they want to rethink everything about it based on BitShares integration, they are currently not making it public until ready - the old one is out there though, if you know where to look.  Second announcement from them may clear some things up later this month.

Yep.  Still coming.  Justin has been sick, so they may not make their July target for Part 2.
Steve assured me it will be out "as soon as they can manage it." 

Everybody has their target dates and everybody has obstacles to overcome.
Opportunities and challenges pop up and cause strategies to keep evolving.

Two unannounced partners completely reworked their plans in July.
Three decided not to publish anything until they are completely ready.

For these reasons we've only managed to announce six pieces of the puzzle so far,
and the Summer is already 5 weeks gone!

But lots of stuff is happening behind the scenes and we've still got over 8 weeks of Summer to go.

Partnership announcements will occur on our partners' time tables.
We are just happy to have so many great new partners to work with! 

Most of the posts on this forum complain about not enough advance information on things.
We try to stay open about as much as we can but try not to make any promises in this uncertain world.

Still, I guess there's always somebody who'll try to turn an encouraging word into a broken promise if they can.

:)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Because of statements like those, we will probably never ever hear about ongoing work ever again .. thank you for that! ..

Offline Krills

• View Profile

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Fair assessment. 

Where do you suggest we focus?

Voat!

As soon as they are back up.  They are gaining users to fast for their systems to handle it. :)

Bitshares never did well on reddit.  Lets try again on voat. 

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
Fair assessment. 

Where do you suggest we focus?

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Because people stupidly insisted on posting BitShares stuff on Bitcoin sub knowing they were not welcomed lol. Get it on voat. Reddit is closing subs and people are shifting towards voat it seems.

Offline Riverhead

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
but where on reddit?

we already pissed off r/bitcoin and r/crypto so there's nothing much left in terms of crypto communities.

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
The next thing for you all to do is to drop a few in Reddit - tweet a few, facebook a few, etc.

Send some to Crypto news sites to get them interested in the story.

Write a quick blurb on what you think is important and send it to the crypto news sites.

tweet at well known finance people that talk about crypto and add a link.

It is up to all of you to help build the buzz and get people to take notice, just as much as anyone else.

And it would be a great help!

:D

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
Pretty much it is how news and PR is distributed - no secret.  We work out a deal that allows syndication of a release, they then resyndicate the story we put out.