Author Topic: What's best way to go from v0.4.24 to v0.9.2 (windows 7)?  (Read 1574 times)

Offline kingslanding

• View Profile
Just as a follow up, here's what I did to get to v0.9.2:

1.  In your current client version, copy the %APPDATA%/Bitshares/wallets directory as a backup in another dir.  (Export your wallet as .json as well for safety).  If you don't have the wallets dir, create it by importing your .json file & running the client.

2.  Uninstall your current version and delete the %APPDATA%/Bitshares dir.

3.  Install v0.9.2.  Run the new client for a couple minutes until a new %APPDATA%/Bitshares dir is created.

4.  Copy your backup wallets dir over the one in the Bitshares dir.

5.  Run the new client again, enter password, & you should see your wallet there.

6.  To load the blockchain, I ran it from the console instead of the GUI (ie. run C:/Program files/Bitshares/bin/bitshares_client.exe).  Sometimes it would hang, so I had to only run the client for about 3 hours, exit, and start again.  I would save the chain dir each time in case the client crashed & started loading the blockchain again from the beginning.  See the sticky "How to back up "chain" folder, to mitigate client failure" as a reference on how to do this.

7.  Congratulate yourself because this is a pain in the a*s.
BTS username/address:   kingslanding9999

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
https://github.com/bitshares/bitshares/releases/tag/bts%2F0.9.2

I think you just have to download and install it. Before that, backup(export) your wallet just in case.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline kingslanding

• View Profile
I haven't updated my bitshares client since v0.4.24.  What's the best way to get to v0.9.2?  Should I just back up the wallet as a json file & then download v0.9.2?  Or should I be able to update directly from the client?

When I run v0.4.24, I can only get 1 network connection sporadically.  The other times I get no connection.  And the blocks aren't updating.   When I "check for updates" the message "no new updates are available" shows up.
BTS username/address:   kingslanding9999