Author Topic: Ultra : Redesigning the forum for the blockchain era.  (Read 9752 times)

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Ideally, I think what we need is to build a new and improved alternative to RetroShare integrated into BitShares.  It should use chain registered account names as identities, with the associated keys used for end to end encrypted communication and file sharing.  Forums and messaging can be implemented largely as they are in RetroShare, with users connecting directly to their associates using DHT and sharing forum data to which they are subscribed.  For mobile support it should use the same full node/light client model as BitShares itself.

Offline Method-X

• VIRAL
    • View Profile
    • Learn to code
  • BitShares: methodx

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
 :o
I think the general concept proposed by the OP is an extremely powerful idea. It could be an open source forum like "Simple Machines" and allow all those forum operators to deploy a forum with financial transactions and social currencies (user issued assets) and it shows the power of the referal system! 

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Conceptually, i agree that the forum tech should evolve...seems like we're still using two decade old tech to communicate while trying to change the world otherwise :)

This is the main element that drives ultra - the technology we are working with today is old and decentralized,
betwene skype, slack, irc and forums information and community takes serious work to put together.

ULTRA can change that by giving everyone a central place to congregate, do business and have fun all simaltaniously.

cool, any popular forums today using ULTRA?

seeing an example would be nice
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Conceptually, i agree that the forum tech should evolve...seems like we're still using two decade old tech to communicate while trying to change the world otherwise :)

This is the main element that drives ultra - the technology we are working with today is old and decentralized,
betwene skype, slack, irc and forums information and community takes serious work to put together.

ULTRA can change that by giving everyone a central place to congregate, do business and have fun all simaltaniously.

cool, any popular forums today using ULTRA?

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
We would love to colaborate on ULTRA with any teams attempting similar approaches, however it needs to be said that upon researching the subject,
nothing on the scale and with the ambiton that were aiming for here has been attempted.
DPOShub has maybe 1/4th of the ideas and features we plan to provide within one month of development,
our team has proven in multiple crypto-shpere projects that we can deliver high quality work in a very short amount of time.
To that end, it is our opinion that unless currently existing projects are within release-candidate stage,
the technology provided by ULTRA will be a far more efficent allocation of time and resources.

Ideally, things like bumping and necroing posts will be obsolete in a system like ULTRA, while an approach needs to be more specificly outlined the idea of keeping
relavent data within arms reach is not an impossible task, features like view history, new content sections and the like can allow a user to always know whats going on when they are intrested,
also lets not forget that ULTRA aims to be part forum part social media, so following a topic or persons posts is very likely.
I like what I'm hearing from you guys
Here's to hoping you'll follow through  +5%
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline Xypher

• View Profile

DPOS Hub is in the works - here are the details, is this something you could help with?

Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=15832.0

PDF: http://www.dposhub.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/dposhubdelegateproposal.pdf

@CryptoPrometheus
@DataSecurityNode

BitShares Public Relations: Delegate Proposal & White Paper
Delegate: delegate.dposhub-org

Michael P. Maloney
@CryptoPrometheus

Jonathan Baha'i
@DataSecurityNode

For the past three months, while the core devs have been working diligently to enhance, reinforce, and solidify the BitShares software protocol, my business partner Jonathan and I have been busy identifying and mapping a specific group of public relations and social media tools that will help support and strengthen the bonds of human relationships, both personal and professional, that are perhaps equally as vital to the success of BitShares.

In the following pages, we outline a plan for addressing some of the key difficulties our community has faced in attempting to generate PR traction both within and outside of the cryptosphere. We have identified three separate categories as they relate to the gathering and processing of information...
http://www.dposhub.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/dposhubdelegateproposal.pdf

We would love to colaborate on ULTRA with any teams attempting similar approaches, however it needs to be said that upon researching the subject,
nothing on the scale and with the ambiton that were aiming for here has been attempted.
DPOShub has maybe 1/4th of the ideas and features we plan to provide within one month of development,
our team has proven in multiple crypto-shpere projects that we can deliver high quality work in a very short amount of time.
To that end, it is our opinion that unless currently existing projects are within release-candidate stage,
the technology provided by ULTRA will be a far more efficent allocation of time and resources.

If we could just overcome the habit of "quote-entire-post-and-append-5%" and replace it with a like button, that change alone would probably save scroll wheels all over the world.

but we need it to bump stuff

Ideally, things like bumping and necroing posts will be obsolete in a system like ULTRA, while an approach needs to be more specificly outlined the idea of keeping
relavent data within arms reach is not an impossible task, features like view history, new content sections and the like can allow a user to always know whats going on when they are intrested,
also lets not forget that ULTRA aims to be part forum part social media, so following a topic or persons posts is very likely.

Offline Permie

• View Profile
I knew this would happen. I wanted it to. I have inertial scrolling. So there.

Bumping is so 1995. I would rather never see a bump. Posts should have content in them. (Just my opinion, of course.)
+5% !
But I do actually agree
These posts serve as our membership meeting minutes, the written record for future reference.
Who wants to read every single 'aye' or 'nay'? I'd prefer tallies and useful contributions to read
BTSDEX.COM

Offline Chronos

I knew this would happen. I wanted it to. I have inertial scrolling. So there.

Bumping is so 1995. I would rather never see a bump. Posts should have content in them. (Just my opinion, of course.)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
If we could just overcome the habit of "quote-entire-post-and-append-5%" and replace it with a like button, that change alone would probably save scroll wheels all over the world.
+5%

+5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5%

+5%

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

but we need it to bump stuff
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Permie

• View Profile
+5%

+5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5%
« Last Edit: July 05, 2015, 04:41:13 pm by Permie »
BTSDEX.COM

Offline Chronos

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053

Offline Permie

• View Profile
DPOS Hub is in the works - here are the details, is this something you could help with?

Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=15832.0

PDF: http://www.dposhub.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/dposhubdelegateproposal.pdf

@CryptoPrometheus
@DataSecurityNode

BitShares Public Relations: Delegate Proposal & White Paper
Delegate: delegate.dposhub-org

Michael P. Maloney
@CryptoPrometheus

Jonathan Baha'i
@DataSecurityNode

For the past three months, while the core devs have been working diligently to enhance, reinforce, and solidify the BitShares software protocol, my business partner Jonathan and I have been busy identifying and mapping a specific group of public relations and social media tools that will help support and strengthen the bonds of human relationships, both personal and professional, that are perhaps equally as vital to the success of BitShares.

In the following pages, we outline a plan for addressing some of the key difficulties our community has faced in attempting to generate PR traction both within and outside of the cryptosphere. We have identified three separate categories as they relate to the gathering and processing of information...
http://www.dposhub.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/dposhubdelegateproposal.pdf
BTSDEX.COM