Author Topic: Separation of UIA issuance and control  (Read 1567 times)

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Interesting idea.. do you think this type of scenario would happen often?
I think very few people would use it a lot.
Like DACx

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
I would be happy to give up the following rights by purchasing a shelf-UIA.

1. Issuing a new asset
2. Authority to change fee structure of existing asset the shelf can set the fees though burning a percentage with each transaction thereby eliminating the need for the below
3. Ability to collect fees
4. Authority to seize and freeze existing assets held by others
5. Authority to change the supply of an existing asset - this one could cause issues (could be somewhat handled by only allowing 'stock splits' as opposed to 'change in supply').
6. Authority to rename and rebrand an existing asset the shelf could set this.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2015, 09:44:10 pm by MrJeans »

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
I think it depends on the legal distinction between issuing and managing an asset.

Surely having the power to seize and reclaim assets from someone else is the same legal-ballpark as issuing the thing in the first place?
I don't see how removing just one item from the list of "problems" that regulators are going to have really solves anything.
Issuing a new asset
Authority to change fee structure of existing asset
Authority to seize and freeze existing assets held by others
Authority to change the supply of an existing asset
Authority to rename and rebrand an existing asset

Regulation and restrictions should be dissolved forever, imo, but the problem you're trying to avoid is getting arrested by those with the force required to do so. I don't see how this solves that problem
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
The separation of UIA issuance and the control of the assets could be a potentially very useful feature.

For legal purposes, a company may not want to issue an asset but may still want to gain the benefit of UIAs.

To enable this, UIAs should be able to be issued with a feature which allows for anyone who has purchased 100% of the assets to modify the parameters and receive transaction fees from that asset (essentially takes over all 'ownership rights') (This feature can also be disabled).

This will allow people to issue UIAs for people to purchase and take over in the open market, in the same way you go out and buy a shelf-company.

A company can then buy a shelf-UIA, change the name, number of tokens, fees etc and resell the UIAs with the new properties. The company is therefore no longer in the business of issuing assets/depository receipts/shares etc but is instead only engaging in the business of buying and selling UIAs.

The company can then function in a ‘post-contract society' manner, and there are no legal rights conferred between the UIA issuer and the buyer. Market forces, and an understanding of the companies mission by users, will determine pricing.

(the company and the third party UIA issuer could even be controlled by the same person, so as to avoid the third party UIA issuer from taken on any potential risk).