Author Topic: Status Update  (Read 7404 times)

Offline fer87

• View Profile
The foro works fine, good update!

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
university as bts delegate  cool
promotion  in university student

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
The bandwidth requirements are long term.   Hardly something worth worrying about until we are bigger than Bitcoin.

ok well if there's ever anything you think could be a win-win scenario for a university Finance dept and the Bitshares community, please let me know and I'll happily present our case.

Offline VoR0220

I could ask some of the faculty at my old university if they are interested. I'm not sure that they'd bite, but I'm certain that they're interested. That and they teach almost universally low level c++, IBM assembly and mainframe. Getting them into the boost aspects might be very very good. I also just so happen to be on very good terms with the head of the department of computer science there and I think he might be looking to update the program.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

The bandwidth requirements are long term.   Hardly something worth worrying about until we are bigger than Bitcoin.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
..just listened to the latest hangout session (excellent way of communicating btw!):

Regarding the delegates' need of high bandwidth, why don't we ask universities to host delegates? This has quite successfully be done with IRC servers some time/decades ago, and might just work the same way with BTS delegates. Universities commonly have almost unlimited bandwidth and other capacities, and anyway may have some intrinsic/academic interest in the BTS network (collecting [big]data, storing prices, order books, etc). So, I suggest, we ask ~25 universities across the world each to host a single BTS delegate/server. In contrast to IRC, the hosting universities would even be paid for their support! How cool is that?! Also, that could turn out to be a very nice "marketing gag".

if the tech savvy folks here can put together the specs of exactly what that'd entail and how university's could benefit, i'll happily take this to the FIN dept at the UofSC. the faculty are getting interested in crypto anyway, so this could be good timing. if there's some advantage wrt data collection, or helping train students, then we might be able to sell it.

Offline brainbug

• View Profile
..just listened to the latest hangout session (excellent way of communicating btw!):

Regarding the delegates' need of high bandwidth, why don't we ask universities to host delegates? This has quite successfully be done with IRC servers some time/decades ago, and might just work the same way with BTS delegates. Universities commonly have almost unlimited bandwidth and other capacities, and anyway may have some intrinsic/academic interest in the BTS network (collecting [big]data, storing prices, order books, etc). So, I suggest, we ask ~25 universities across the world each to host a single BTS delegate/server. In contrast to IRC, the hosting universities would even be paid for their support! How cool is that?! Also, that could turn out to be a very nice "marketing gag".

« Last Edit: July 12, 2015, 12:46:22 pm by brainbug »

Offline bytemaster

What would the memory usage roughly have been if the squatter didn't register his names?

Probably 25MB less.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
What would the memory usage roughly have been if the squatter didn't register his names?

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
In last weeks mumble you said you would not let "perfect take the place of good enough" and that you realized you need to ship a product soon.  Has something changed?  Do you expect the test net to be ready this month?

I am just prioritizing basic features over extra features like the bond market.   Test net is coming as fast as possible.

+5%

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline ElMato

• View Profile
Excellent! Keep the good work guys +5%

Offline twitter

• View Profile
sounds great. keep on good work +5%
witness:

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
Sounds great, good work.

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
Code: [Select]
1. Release BitShares 0.9.3 with extra API for dumping private keys for an account to facilitate easy importing into Graphene.
Is't mean:BitShares2.0 don't use  a snapshot from BitShares0.9.3?
BitShares 2.0 will be based on a snapshot of the BTS0.* blockchain ..
the feature BM is talking about will only make importing your funds a lot more convenient
Thanks +5%
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter