Author Topic: Lets all start licencing stuff as an incentive to develop  (Read 1510 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Why not just have a web=based wallet with all of that?  Why need it coded into the client?
Both routes are possible and I think there can be made money from both of them ..
I can see a bright future with 100s of forks and re implementations of the web wallet with dozens of different features and user bases ..
figure that out: Doge Wallet :P

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Why not just have a web=based wallet with all of that?  Why need it coded into the client?
So here I am more thinking of features that would need to be hard coded into the blockchain.
They can then be enabled for users who pay an activation fee to a certain account.

The examples I thought of were terrible now that I look at them after your comment.

E.g enable a leveraged forex market, where users could burrow un-collateralize bitassets.

Offline topcandle

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Would it be possible to create an 'in client' app store where users can purchase additional features to incorporate into their wallet.

EDIT: E.g a developer could create a purchasable feature which links exchanges to your wallet or includes a news feed on the side of the wallet.
EDIT: examples would include features that need to be hard coded into the blockchain. They can then be activated for a user if they pay a certain fee into the developers account.

Users would then purchase the feature for their individual wallet.

This would create incentive for developers to build features for Bitshares as they would be compensated.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 05:04:49 pm by MrJeans »