Author Topic: Do fees currently go to delegates or are they all burned?  (Read 2356 times)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
More witnesses means more money spent on redundancy. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yeah, number of delegates is kind of an interesting optimization problem --resources to give incentive to fulfill the role, block processing speeds, the available supply of quality delegates, collusion probability, etc. i imagine the real sweet spot is much less than 101, but we'll see over time, esp if 2.0 adds flexibility to test what the market actually wants.

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile
More witnesses means more money spent on redundancy. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
General (maybe stupid) question: Would it make sense to increase the number of delegates (etc) to more than 101 ? Why not use 10000 of them? Wouldn't that change the odds of having trouble in the network?
a) in BitShares 2.0 the shareholders can decide for the "right" amount of delegates
b) please do not think that more delegates means more security. The reason is that once 51% of all delegates agreed to a chain (signed blocks in a row).. than we effectively have a checkpoint (a state that cannot be changed, i.e. non-reversable) ... with 1000 delegates you will need to wait for 501 delegates to sign blocks .. while with 101 you only need 52 .. taking 10 secs per block ... yada yada ...
c) though, an increased number of delegates would make collusion of delegates more difficult
d) it would not great trouble .. just an inconvenience for the end-user ..

Offline brainbug

• View Profile
General (maybe stupid) question: Would it make sense to increase the number of delegates (etc) to more than 101 ? Why not use 10000 of them? Wouldn't that change the odds of having trouble in the network?

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline lafona

• View Profile
  • BitShares: lafona
I just have a question about where the fees go once they are collected. At one point I remember them being all burned, then I thought they were added to delegate pay to give it a little boost. In the latter case a 100% delegate would actually receive 50 BTS+ (some amount from fees) per block produced. Is this still the case? Thanks
BTS Witnesses: delegate-1.lafona     Witness Thread: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,21569.msg280911/topicseen.html#msg280911
MUSE Witness: lafona