Author Topic: SWIFT Institute want to pay BTS 15.000 Euros  (Read 6374 times)

clout

Today is the deadline for submitting proposals.
Has anyone tried?
@clout, did you manage to do it?

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to do it.

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile
The proposal requirements would cost more to satisfy than the payout and requires knowledge and experience Bm didn't have.  The cost of submitting a proposal isn't worth the risk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jakub

Today is the deadline for submitting proposals.
Has anyone tried?
@clout, did you manage to do it?

Offline bulletproof

Everything is awesome, or if it isn't it ought to be.

sumantso

P.S. If anyone can tell me how to add a signature/my blockchain name etc at the bottom of forum posts I'd be v.grateful!

Profile -> Forum Profile

Offline bulletproof

Just come across this thread and although new to Bitshares I feel ought to declare some experience in this area: In a previous life I worked for some years in the investment department of a major North American bank, based in an offshore jurisdiction - yes I know... Having now turned from the Dark Side (am now an amateur dev) I would be interested in how the SWIFT initiative develops and am happy to help if I can.

My blockchain/Bitshares technical knowledge is still basic - but already enough to see the gigantic potential for eliminating vast areas of cost in the securities/money transfer industries.

P.S. If anyone can tell me how to add a signature/my blockchain name etc at the bottom of forum posts I'd be v.grateful!
Everything is awesome, or if it isn't it ought to be.

jakub

Just bumping this thread as @bytemaster expressed interest in this subject in the last mumble session.

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
SWIFT speed is so slow&cost is so expensive

Offline openledger

• Board Moderator
  • Blockchain powered, people driven
    • View Profile
    • OpenLedger.info - Blockchain Solutions, Services and Products for Businesses
  • BitShares: ccedkbts
If no one else from our community plans on writing a proposal I plan on doing so, even if only as an exercise for better understanding how this technology might be adopted in the future.
Clout, you are the chosen one  :)

I wonder if @bytemaster is aware of this - if done right it can be a great PR opportunity for BTS 2.0.
Maybe we should also take @ccedk into this boar .. Ronny seems to be fairly familiar with the banking industry already

Just let me know in whichever I can help. I have noticed the thread and i quickly ran over the text in the links, but have not had a chance to into it any deeper than that
OpenLedger blockchain in services and solutions - https://openledger.info
BitShares explorer: https://bitsharescan.com
BitShares commitee member since 2015

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
If no one else from our community plans on writing a proposal I plan on doing so, even if only as an exercise for better understanding how this technology might be adopted in the future.

I wonder if @bytemaster is aware of this - if done right it can be a great PR opportunity for BTS 2.0.
Maybe we should also take @ccedk into this boar .. Ronny seems to be fairly familiar with the banking industry already

jakub

jakub

Is the institute affiliated with SWIFT proper?
It looks like that's the case.

Quote from their website:
SWIFT funds and provides secretariat services to the SWIFT Institute, which is headquartered at SWIFT’s head office in La Hulpe, Belgium.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Thanks for passing this along. I am working as an intern at one of the largest information intermediaries in the financial industry. My team deals directly with exchanges and I have been trying to put together a presentation that charts the past and future trajectory of the exchange industry as dictated by technological trends. The block chain plays an integral role in future development of the exchange ecosystem and I have already begun to do some analysis of how the trade workflow can be consolidated by the block chain.

Reading the proposal, it appears that institute or at least the author have very little understanding of the full breadth of alternative block chains that exist. They seem to be skeptical that the block chain can be used for trade execution and should be relegated to consolidating back office operations which is not at all true given the transaction processing and confirmation speeds of bitshares and hyperledger, which at present or at least in design can handle 200,000 and 500,000 tps, respectively.

If no one else from our community plans on writing a proposal I plan on doing so, even if only as an exercise for better understanding how this technology might be adopted in the future. I know that most within the crypto currency space are looking for mainstream adoption, but I think primarily that we will see adoption amongst the very corporation that we are trying to relieve ourselves from.

Basically this is an easy 15.000 Euros if you understand the technical constraints of the block chain, which most people that are fixated to bitcoin don't understand.
Please write a proposal!
Working within the belly of the beast gives you good insight and you seem like you have some idea what you're talking about - go for it, mate
 +5%

+5% Definitely Clout, go for it man.
+5% .. go for it!!

Offline phillyguy

Thanks for passing this along. I am working as an intern at one of the largest information intermediaries in the financial industry. My team deals directly with exchanges and I have been trying to put together a presentation that charts the past and future trajectory of the exchange industry as dictated by technological trends. The block chain plays an integral role in future development of the exchange ecosystem and I have already begun to do some analysis of how the trade workflow can be consolidated by the block chain.

Reading the proposal, it appears that institute or at least the author have very little understanding of the full breadth of alternative block chains that exist. They seem to be skeptical that the block chain can be used for trade execution and should be relegated to consolidating back office operations which is not at all true given the transaction processing and confirmation speeds of bitshares and hyperledger, which at present or at least in design can handle 200,000 and 500,000 tps, respectively.

If no one else from our community plans on writing a proposal I plan on doing so, even if only as an exercise for better understanding how this technology might be adopted in the future. I know that most within the crypto currency space are looking for mainstream adoption, but I think primarily that we will see adoption amongst the very corporation that we are trying to relieve ourselves from.

Basically this is an easy 15.000 Euros if you understand the technical constraints of the block chain, which most people that are fixated to bitcoin don't understand.
Please write a proposal!
Working within the belly of the beast gives you good insight and you seem like you have some idea what you're talking about - go for it, mate
 +5%

+5% Definitely Clout, go for it man.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss

Please write a proposal!
 +5%
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
Somebody should totally get on this.  A little over my head  :P

clout

Offline Permie

• View Profile
it's not easy .
Said proposal would require experience in the security industry .
Bitshares has needed such expert to come onboard since BitAssets...
New investment + "experts" - incentivize inviting knowledgable people to forum
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,17570.0.html
BTSDEX.COM

Offline ag

• View Profile
it's not easy .
Bitshares has needed such expert to come onboard since BitAssets...

julian1

Is the institute affiliated with SWIFT proper?

Offline Permie

• View Profile
it's not easy .
Does anyone know someone with such experience?
We want fingers in all the pies! (many many avenues for bts success)
BTSDEX.COM

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
it's not easy .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ