Author Topic: Very disappointing BTS performance  (Read 13415 times)

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile
On the upside the external timing is better and perhaps more serious interests will see and understand BitShares2.0 utility.
Hopefully the marketing of that will be as good as the product and not just the hype that is easy to see through. CounterParty[Symbiont]; Overstock; and even Ethereum are doing useful work stimulating the interest of big money, so hopefully BitShares will have a product that appeals to them and perhaps talks their language, so some of them will make use of it; perhaps APIs and CLIs beat GUIs for that?
The downside to BitShares I wonder is the voting and DPoS, which has never seemed compelling to me; just an arbitrary means to an end. Still, if it works in a way that is responsive to the user, then there every chance it'll capitalise on what is at core a really good prospect.

tldr; buy while it's cheap!

The beginning of a bull market must come from a place where people are scared to buy more .
In fact , the old saying is "if those who want to buy more still there , then those who want it down won't stop . "

I never heard that saying. And it doesn't make any sense?

It is logical: demand increase --> price increase. And Not what you propose!!

Ask anyone who knows about stock market .
This phenomenon happens in the middle and near the end of a bear market , where people who still trying to grab the bottom and failed . The signal is not about "all people" , is about most people .

If there is a bull market in play , the manipulators with deep pockets will suppress the price further more in order to gain more leverage in the bull market .

The process is also called "dishwashing" in some place , which means exactly like that ------ The manipulators will drive the price up and down and make most people sell their stock and collect them all . When they figure out that not many people will be selling , also not many people will be buying other than him , they will finally drive the price up . That's where the old saying come from. And that's why bull market has cycles instead of sustaining forever .

In any speculative market with high P/E ration , the pattern will be the same . Because in these markets most demands are temporary driven by speculative drive  instead of organic demand .

Demand increase doesn't mean price increase . You have to account for the volume and people who are waiting to sell .   If there are 2 million USD sell pressure waiting(actually there are) , by your logic even if the demand increase by 2 million USD , because it counters the sell pressure , it won't affect the price . 

What is a bull market ? -----Bull market means most people lost their leverage while big money has it all , and big money allows s small percent of people to hold their leverage because most ordinary people don't have the ability to exit at the right place in a bull market , so the selling pressure would be gone while the big money drives it up .

"The price will be increased by demand" , that's not in any serious textbook . The right term should be ----"The price is driven by the supply-demand relationship" . It's a dynamic process .

I was want you to know I just took a screenshot of this post.  Incredibly well stated, sir.

I was want to know as well... in such 'I was hope' took a screenshot too. More hope wildpig more more sence, no big very big ago posts.
:)

Offline raginglikeaboss

On the upside the external timing is better and perhaps more serious interests will see and understand BitShares2.0 utility.
Hopefully the marketing of that will be as good as the product and not just the hype that is easy to see through. CounterParty[Symbiont]; Overstock; and even Ethereum are doing useful work stimulating the interest of big money, so hopefully BitShares will have a product that appeals to them and perhaps talks their language, so some of them will make use of it; perhaps APIs and CLIs beat GUIs for that?
The downside to BitShares I wonder is the voting and DPoS, which has never seemed compelling to me; just an arbitrary means to an end. Still, if it works in a way that is responsive to the user, then there every chance it'll capitalise on what is at core a really good prospect.

The beginning of a bull market must come from a place where people are scared to buy more .
In fact , the old saying is "if those who want to buy more still there , then those who want it down won't stop . "

This phenomenon happens in the middle and near the end of a bear market , where people who still trying to grab the bottom and failed . The signal is not about "all people" , is about most people .

If there is a bull market in play , the manipulators with deep pockets will suppress the price further more in order to gain more leverage in the bull market .

The process is also called "dishwashing" in some place , which means exactly like that ------ The manipulators will drive the price up and down and make most people sell their stock and collect them all . When they figure out that not many people will be selling , also not many people will be buying other than him , they will finally drive the price up . That's where the old saying come from. And that's why bull market has cycles instead of sustaining forever .

In any speculative market with high P/E ration , the pattern will be the same . Because in these markets most demands are temporary driven by speculative drive  instead of organic demand .

Demand increase doesn't mean price increase . You have to account for the volume and people who are waiting to sell .   If there are 2 million USD sell pressure waiting(actually there are) , by your logic even if the demand increase by 2 million USD , because it counters the sell pressure , it won't affect the price . 

What is a bull market ? -----Bull market means most people lost their leverage while big money has it all , and big money allows s small percent of people to hold their leverage because most ordinary people don't have the ability to exit at the right place in a bull market , so the selling pressure would be gone while the big money drives it up .

"The price will be increased by demand" , that's not in any serious textbook . The right term should be ----"The price is driven by the supply-demand relationship" . It's a dynamic process .

I was want you to know I just took a screenshot of this post.  Incredibly well stated, sir.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

« Last Edit: August 08, 2015, 04:48:58 am by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline ag

• View Profile

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

You have talked a lot about this "K Chart".  Anywhere I can go and read up about it?

K-chart is the "candle" chart in every exchange ..... red ...green ...ring a bell ?
I think the more common term would be "Candlesticks chart" , or "K line graph" ?

Haha I know japanese candle stick charts very well.  I just never heard of it referred to as the K-chart... And here I thought you were using some proprietary indicator.

I assume the candle stick charts was invented by a Japanese , and the name in Japanese speaks like "K" (which is not written like K) , so some "direct translation based on how it sounds" from the old days calls it "K-chart" .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

You have talked a lot about this "K Chart".  Anywhere I can go and read up about it?

K-chart is the "candle" chart in every exchange ..... red ...green ...ring a bell ?
I think the more common term would be "Candlesticks chart" , or "K line graph" ?

Haha I know japanese candle stick charts very well.  I just never heard of it referred to as the K-chart... And here I thought you were using some proprietary indicator.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

Offline davidpbrown

฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Which is , the move of the price generates and confirms expectations  , not the other way around .

Speculative drive is and always will be a main factor in the price . MONEY don't know what is 1 sec confirmation time ,  nor does he care . And USERS don't have money to maintain a certain price forever .

This.

With low volume and the product still being developed, this should not be a big surprise.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
BTS != money .. its stock and I know for a fact that people just don't know what BTS is all about (is it not yet another altcoin?!)
bitUSD = money .. and no-one cares about it's "price" (some do about its value, but that is out of our hands)

Actually , the Price of a LARGE BATCH of BitUSD is affected by the price of BTS because of the market depth .

Its fiat value also fluctuates in reality .

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
BTS != money .. its stock and I know for a fact that people just don't know what BTS is all about (is it not yet another altcoin?!)
bitUSD = money .. and no-one cares about it's "price" (some do about its value, but that is out of our hands)

Offline Riverhead

Which is , the move of the price generates and confirms expectations  , not the other way around .

Speculative drive is and always will be a main factor in the price . MONEY don't know what is 1 sec confirmation time ,  nor does he care . And USERS don't have money to maintain a certain price forever .

This.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Would you believe me if I tell you I've predicted the price of BTS in the past months and maybe in the up coming months ?

I've done that based on the K-Chart , not the news/performance/expectations ...... etc .

Of course I'm not Ander , I won't brag about how much I made or lost from the prediction .

But it confirmed my suspicion all along after I've been digging into technical trading .

With enough money and inventory of a specific stock , the manipulators can drive up the price and tell people the price is rising because of some achievements (it doesn't matter when the said achievement happened , it can even be old news 6 months ago ) .

During these moves , his attempt will be countered with other market players and leave trails of their fights , which is the K-chart .

And if the good news happened at the time when the manipulators didn't have the money of inventory to make a killing profit  , he will do nothing or even push the price down just to get more inventory .

Which by the way , the release of 2.0 may not be the magical day for the price . But when the price goes up , some people will automatically think the price goes up because of its release .

You have your reasons from the selling , but in a technical trading point of view , the selling was bound to happen , either from you because of your disappointment , or some other guy because of his financial troubles or trading habit . Also , when there is a time to go up , some people will buy BTS because they have high expectations of 1 sec confirmation time , but more people will buy it because of the rise itself .

Some people think without speculative purpose BTS can grow . That's wrong . If people do not have speculative purpose , NO BitAssets will be created . Nobody will short BitAssets without a clear expectation that the price of BTS will go up .  The bigger the size of BitAsset is , the bigger of the speculative actively will be .

I can make a prediction : Even if 2.0 release TODAY , it will not have any effect on the price , because that's what it says in the K-Chart .

Good move on selling the BTS at a relatively high price before the drop though . But it's just luck .....If you don't know why you had that luck , you may sell it right before the next rise because of another disappointment .
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 09:37:10 am by btswildpig »