Author Topic: Dedicated Servers  (Read 7279 times)

Offline badbonez

• View Profile
Go on ebay, you can pick up a dual quad core processor 1U server for £100 in full working condition.

Those dual quads will only get you about 1.5 h/m.  You need to spend a lot more to get an AES enabled CPU server.

But now that there is a GPU miner - get a R9 280x for about $420 and get 20HPM, if you're not concerned about electricity costs.

Datasoft $99 package is getting me about 5.5 h/m.

MMC: MQ4EA85nnZwytrcqx9rJSpDWVTSXaxfqmc

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
Go on ebay, you can pick up a dual quad core processor 1U server for £100 in full working condition.

Valid point.
You can sell it for the same price after, the only cost is the power bill. I would be doing this myself but I have more important projects to work on with memorycoin
MemoryDice now available! https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1886.0
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!
CNO: MVTEcno2tbsJWj7AQEyEjgk72j94hbPHFm

Offline joesmoe

• View Profile

Valid point.

Offline isaacgoldbourne

• View Profile
MemoryDice now available! https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1886.0
 Vote for me to be CNO of memorycoin if you want these services. Just send 1 satoshi!
CNO: MVTEcno2tbsJWj7AQEyEjgk72j94hbPHFm

Offline joesmoe

• View Profile
I'm gonna give the datasoft servers a try, just orderd one, says 2 hours setup time.

Offline s4l1h

• View Profile
99$
2 hours setup time
https://crm.datasoft.ws/ds_plusdedicated.php
5.5-6 hp/m

Needaserver has a 2x6 core package with 24 threads but they only list the CPU as a Xeon, no model number.  I ordered the basic package at $60 which has 2x4 core package (16 threads) but I'm only getting 1.4 h/m.  Wondering if I upgraded to the 24 threads if I would get 5-6 hashrate as you mentioned.  Or is the CPU model going to matter that much?  (I have a ticket in with NaS to see if they will give me the model info on the cpu)

Thoughts?

AES capable processor gives the best performance.

AES Supporting CPUs
Memorycoin Mining Intel Hardware Comparison

Aws and digitalocean is very bad for mmc mining. price/performance

Offline badbonez

• View Profile
99$
2 hours setup time
https://crm.datasoft.ws/ds_plusdedicated.php
5.5-6 hp/m

Needaserver has a 2x6 core package with 24 threads but they only list the CPU as a Xeon, no model number.  I ordered the basic package at $60 which has 2x4 core package (16 threads) but I'm only getting 1.4 h/m.  Wondering if I upgraded to the 24 threads if I would get 5-6 hashrate as you mentioned.  Or is the CPU model going to matter that much?  (I have a ticket in with NaS to see if they will give me the model info on the cpu)

Thoughts?

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
smokim did you find amazon servers profitable at all. I find they are very pricey at $0.75/hr+

I was using the 32 core servers the cc2 ones not the c3 servers.

So its alittle cheaper especially when using Ubuntu HVM AMI i got it at around 0.27 at first then it went up to 0.35 then finally steady for weeks at 0.45.

Well I did find it profitable I think I spent around 300$ and made almost 900 MMC. But I wasn't doing this for a short term profit. I usually hold on to my coins for a while.

It worked well before, PTS I mined on amazon but dirt cheap around 10 cents/hour for a 32 core server I had 60 of them running for half a day. I spent 115$ but used a 100$ free credit so a total cost of 15$

I made 100 PTS. At the time they were worth around 3$ I held onto to them and cashed out at 25$. Took some and invested into MMC and some to my pocket and the rest I invested into WDC.

If your looking for short term profits then amazon ec2 might not be profitable unless a coin is worth more than a few cents. If your looking for a long term investment than amazon ec2 are worth it.

A 32 core server (cc2) gets you 10HPM.
If I helped you and want to show your appreciation donate any amount:
Pjem2V2FDPGZa6yAvpL2fN5yZKXYUNLSv5

Offline mavisjames

• View Profile
I don't think it's worth reaching for the extra ram as it doesn't seem to provide to much extra h/m. These guys with 8gb ram should run around 5 - 5 h/m. I'm waiting to go live.

I also am doing a weekly trial with Dual Processor Intel Xeon E5 2660 (40 x 2.2 Ghz) these should get some pretty serious h/m with 40 threads. I'll keep this form updated. Datasoft at current difficulty is profitable for the $99 plan it seems. You should avg 6 - 7 MMC/day. By far the cheapest plan anyone has suggested .13/hr
Pmp2K9S5t15hTEkrrFk1cfieb2Y2eVR6YG

BTSX ID: mdyyz

Offline s4l1h

• View Profile
Anyone tried a single or dual L5520? Do these have AES-NI?

Not have AES :(

Offline jlafuente

• View Profile
Anyone tried a single or dual L5520? Do these have AES-NI?

Offline s4l1h

• View Profile
Does anyone have stats for those severs?
http://mmcwiki.com/start#cpu_hardware

my test 2xL5639=5.5-6 hp/m (24 GB Ram)

Offline super3

• View Profile
Does anyone have stats for those severs?

Offline s4l1h

• View Profile

Offline badbonez

• View Profile
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 11:06:13 pm by badbonez »