Author Topic: Community Transition - The Future of BitShares  (Read 5562 times)

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I completely agree.  We need to evolve beyond the point where we are dependent on any entity. 

You mean like Cryptonomex? :) Couldn't resist...

Exactly what I mean.  Right now we depend on them to give us 2.0.  Everything waits on that.

In the future we need to grow beyond this and more decentralized.

But the future is now. If someone comes up with better BitShares you don't think the community would follow them? :)

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I completely agree.  We need to evolve beyond the point where we are dependent on any entity. 

Exactly what I mean.  Right now we depend on them to give us 2.0.  Everything waits on that.

In the future we need to grow beyond this and more decentralized.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Eventually CNX has nothing to do with BitShares in particular .. once we have 2) of the OP, the development may become decentralized too because stakeholders can vote for their hard forks... not necessarily only proposed by CNX but others ..

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
In its infancy, this network and the community surrounding it has been highly dependent on a few key actors for leadership, growth, and survival.  This is normal and healthy for a developing network, but it would be terribly unhealthy to stagnate in this stage.  I am quite grateful for the dedication, innovation, and vision that has been poured into BitShares by its founders and other early leaders.  I hope they will remain active members and contributors to this community, but with the impending transition to graphene, the time has come to mature our social structure into a more fault tolerant mesh that reflects the elegant design of our network.

To achieve this, I propose the following prioritization strategy:

1. Complete BitShares 2.0 migration
2. Create user friendly Follow My Vote tools to enable stake voting on later proposals
?. Privacy features
?. Bond market
?. Decentralized BitShares ID based communication and social platform to replace centralized forums
?...

As soon as step one is complete, the community can commence a massively parallel marketing campaign using the referral system.  As soon as step two is complete, all remaining development goals can be proposed and sequenced through stakeholder voting.  Developers ideally should maintain multiple links to the community for fault tolerance, rather than relying so much on bytemaster to speak for them.  We need to outgrow dependence on any single individual as a decision making bottleneck.  In the future, good ideas should propagate through our social mesh virally, snowballing stake support as they go.  Where they originate is irrelevant.

This is the last major strategy and vision decision that needs to be pushed through with the current leadership structure.  This will enable them to work themselves out of a job and become just a few more highly respected community members and stakeholders.  With BitShares 2.0 + an FMV stake voting system, I believe this network can begin to grow even beyond the intentions of its founders.

Please state if you agree that using 2.0 and FMV to end BitShares remaining reliance on centralized leadership should be our top priority.  If you disagree, please state your reasoning.  The goal is in sight, but we need all need to be together on this, especially the dev team.

Once we have a great product out, there will be many initiatives to promote and improve it,of which the current dev team's will be a part.  But we will have grown beyond relying on any one group.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
In its infancy, this network and the community surrounding it has been highly dependent on a few key actors for leadership, growth, and survival.  This is normal and healthy for a developing network, but it would be terribly unhealthy to stagnate in this stage.  I am quite grateful for the dedication, innovation, and vision that has been poured into BitShares by its founders and other early leaders.  I hope they will remain active members and contributors to this community, but with the impending transition to graphene, the time has come to mature our social structure into a more fault tolerant mesh that reflects the elegant design of our network.

To achieve this, I propose the following prioritization strategy:

1. Complete BitShares 2.0 migration
2. Create user friendly Follow My Vote tools to enable stake voting on later proposals
?. Privacy features
?. Bond market
?. Decentralized BitShares ID based communication and social platform to replace centralized forums
?...

As soon as step one is complete, the community can commence a massively parallel marketing campaign using the referral system.  As soon as step two is complete, all remaining development goals can be proposed and sequenced through stakeholder voting.  Developers ideally should maintain multiple links to the community for fault tolerance, rather than relying so much on bytemaster to speak for them.  We need to outgrow dependence on any single individual as a decision making bottleneck.  In the future, good ideas should propagate through our social mesh virally, snowballing stake support as they go.  Where they originate is irrelevant.

This is the last major strategy and vision decision that needs to be pushed through with the current leadership structure.  This will enable them to work themselves out of a job and become just a few more highly respected community members and stakeholders.  With BitShares 2.0 + an FMV stake voting system, I believe this network can begin to grow even beyond the intentions of its founders.

Please state if you agree that using 2.0 and FMV to end BitShares remaining reliance on centralized leadership should be our top priority.  If you disagree, please state your reasoning.  The goal is in sight, but we need all need to be together on this, especially the dev team.