Author Topic: Questions about Notes  (Read 5952 times)

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Hi Ander!

Thanks for the questions, I will use those as a sort of FAQ about MUSE/Notes.

Unfortunately I don't have an answer to those questions yet. With Graphene's announcement, many things have changed - subscriptions and referrals for example.

BitShares 2.0's business model is more financial in nature and is a sort of a product that would undercut E-Trade and Questrade, etc.
We on the otherhand are based in music, royalties, tradable VIP passes, etc.

Our user base might be pre-teens and teens that want to trade around OneDirection tokens vs Bieber tokens. Not the type of thing a young kid would pay a blockchain subscription for.

For this reason we are still looking into how to implement Graphene and it's new features to MUSE. So no answers are possible yet!

Any suggestions from this incredibly smart community is welcome of course. We will factor in all feedback whether we implement it or not at Genesis.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I wish I had managed to see Cob's secret sauce post when it was up.  :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I am interested in this project and have some questions about Notes that should be relevant to investors:

* What is the function of Notes in the music blockchain?  How does it relate to BTS in Bitshares.

* How will investors profit from Notes, if the project succeeds?

* Is there inflation in the Note supply?  If so how much / what is the cap?   Does it work like in BTS, with paid workers?   Can the Notes supply be deflationary if the DAC becomes profitable?

* Will there be a referral program for music blockchain?  If so, how does it compare to the BTS 2.0 referral program?  What incentives will there be to grow the network, and bring in new users or new artists?

* Will the music blockchain have its own version of bitUSD/other SmartCoins?  Will they use BTS smartcoins? 

Thanks!  Hopefully the answers to at least some of these arent secret sauce. :) 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads