Author Topic: Brownie on Fire  (Read 4625 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
Brownie is being perceived as being a potential sharedrop target for Cryptonomex' shares.
BTS going down, Brownie.PTS up.
This reinforces my fears that the market will perceive CNX as potentially more profitable than Bitshares and that there's a huge conflict of interest on the Dev's side.
With one deal with a decent bank, CNX may become more valuable then the entire current Bitshares market cap.

I am very confused...As far as I understand CNX will honor all BTS1:BTS2 in 1:1 conversion and all bitassets. In CNX bitasset creation will happen again with shortselling and using BTS as collateral isn't it? Therefore for every bitasset created in CNX you will still need 2xBTS as collateral to back this right? So I don't see how CNX can be a competitor to BTS...It is just an enhancement of the current client with much much more options isn't it?

CNX is separate centralised company owned by Dan, Stan, developers and a few others.

Originally AGS investors & then subsequently BTS thought they would own the 'toolkit' in the sense that they would be a sharedrop target for anyone that wanted to use it but the new toolkit, Graphene, that has mostly been developed without BTS/AGS funding will be owned and licensed by CNX, so CNX shareholders will benefit from it.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
wake me up once they reach 100 bts :)

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Brownie is being perceived as being a potential sharedrop target for Cryptonomex' shares.
This reinforces my fears that the market will perceive CNX as potentially more profitable than Bitshares and that there's a huge conflict of interest on the Dev's side.
With one deal with a decent bank, CNX may become more valuable then the entire current Bitshares market cap.

I am very confused...As far as I understand CNX will honor all BTS1:BTS2 in 1:1 conversion and all bitassets. In CNX bitasset creation will happen again with shortselling and using BTS as collateral isn't it? Therefore for every bitasset created in CNX you will still need 2xBTS as collateral to back this right? So I don't see how CNX can be a competitor to BTS...It is just an enhancement of the current client with much much more options isn't it?

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Some things like the appreciation of what we do from BM  in the form of Brownies cannot be measured in monetary terms. So I personally will not sell any Brownie no matter how tempting it seems, no matter the price..You can't sell a gift. It is rude!

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Well, shouldn't we know what they're for? I still have mine as I thought they would be used for a reputation system but there are probably people who sold them because they thought they were just another token.

@xeroc CNX shares :P ahah too good to be true. But I love to brainstorm every possible outcome
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
This may really be the target of an airdrop .. exciting times ahead :)

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
See the price. It went up from 1.0 to 8.0.
https://bitsharesblocks.com/asset/orderbook?asset=BROWNIE.PTS

Nobody seems to sell Brownie and many seem to want to buy Brownie.

[01:05:20] bytemaster: that right there is the very reason why people have already been offering to buy it. It clearly has a non-zero value. I don’t know too many people who have offered to sell there yet. I would think twice before I sold it.
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop