Author Topic: Noob Question: Revenue from DACs?  (Read 1334 times)

Offline renkcub

• View Profile
If I remember correctly, the whole way BTS would be self sustaining would be DACs that paid a 10% or some other % return to the ecosystem.. these would be decentralizable as in a prediction market, betting exchange, arbitrager bot, etc.

unfortunately there are yet to exist any profitable DACs, but we're still just getting warmed up. that said, there are plenty of other ways for BTS to be successful; i think the most likely way is for wider adoption of core products, like bitUSD, or its equivalent SmartContract in the 2.0 system. i love BTS as a potentially disruptive finance innovation creating viable p2p markets and a bitUSD crypto currency that could have more appeal to merchants or remittance firms with price stability over BTC or other crypto coins.

integrating profitable DACS to the system would be another boost for BTS, but by no means the only way we can be successful. i'm betting on the market pegged assets (MPAs) and p2p markets, esp p2p bond markets.

Agreed, the financial instruments are very interesting to me. Thanks!

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
If I remember correctly, the whole way BTS would be self sustaining would be DACs that paid a 10% or some other % return to the ecosystem.. these would be decentralizable as in a prediction market, betting exchange, arbitrager bot, etc.

unfortunately there are yet to exist any profitable DACs, but we're still just getting warmed up. that said, there are plenty of other ways for BTS to be successful; i think the most likely way is for wider adoption of core products, like bitUSD, or its equivalent SmartContract in the 2.0 system. i love BTS as a potentially disruptive finance innovation creating viable p2p markets and a bitUSD crypto currency that could have more appeal to merchants or remittance firms with price stability over BTC or other crypto coins.

integrating profitable DACS to the system would be another boost for BTS, but by no means the only way we can be successful. i'm betting on the market pegged assets (MPAs) and p2p markets, esp p2p bond markets.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
The "return" you get on your BitShares is the deflationary effect that BTS has from charging transaction fees. Right now BitShares is still unprofitable - it doesnt have enough users and its inflating at 2% to pay for developers.

Hopefully 2.0 will make it easier to bring in more users and charge more fees to cover BitShares' costs.

So there are currently zero DACs in existence that are making a profit.

Offline renkcub

• View Profile
Hi BitShares,

Hope all is well. I was an original supporter of PTS in 2013 and met Larimer in person, but ended up selling and not being involved in the whole IPO last summer as I had some concerns with the distribution and accountability of the BTC influx (looks like I probably would have ended up benefiting much more by holding).

Anyways, now that the price seems potentially a bit cheap for BTS, and I like the system of delegates instead of POS/POW, I had one question regarding the sustainability of the model..

How many DACs currently exist making a profit and what return is BTS getting on those? Sorry if this doesn't make sense. It's based on my memory of PTS plan over 18 months ago and doesn't seem related to most of the discussion around here. If no, is there a plan for such a thing or how is BTS going to make money. Thanks!

« Last Edit: August 03, 2015, 03:28:15 pm by renkcub »