Author Topic: post in reddit for bithshares any comments ?  (Read 1460 times)

Offline cylonmaker2053

• Saving the world one block at a time
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: cylonmaker2053
Bitshares is an extrapolation of what is known as a prediction market

how so? Bitshares could host a prediction market, but fundamentally it's just a blockchain alternative (DPoS) with embedded features that make it easier to create synthetic financial products using price feeds, pegs, and automated collateral escrow. that's just one of the core embedded feature sets that make Bitshares valuable, but the system is designed to allow all sorts of third party integration. BTS or bitUSD, or a bitPeso, could be used for remittance or merchant payments just like any other crypto...another valuable feature of the system that has nothing to do with prediction markets.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I think it is true that up until now the user interface is not intuitive. I have long suggested that we need something as simple as Bitreserve. Want tobuy oil or silver its only a couple of click and just as importantly its visually obvious what you are doing. I'm hoping that the new interface will be modular so that the beginner interface can be similar. I guess it also depends upon who the end user is too.
Let me tell you this: The new wallet is written in react-js which makes it stupid easy to adapt it to your own needs .. I haven't coded javascript in years and still .. extracting a quick block explorer didn't take too much time ..
The new GUI code base is awesome!!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I think it is true that up until now the user interface is not intuitive. I have long suggested that we need something as simple as Bitreserve. Want tobuy oil or silver its only a couple of click and just as importantly its visually obvious what you are doing. I'm hoping that the new interface will be modular so that the beginner interface can be similar. I guess it also depends upon who the end user is too.

Which of these comes closest to what you are envisioning?  https://bitshares.org/deposit/
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline mike623317

• View Profile

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
It is important to remember that this was before price feeds with expiration were introduced
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
Most people dont understand how the protocol under the internet works yet they still use it everyday. 

My understanding is that Bitshares is a decentralized smart contract platform that has a industrial grade blockchain that reach towards generating profits for it's shareholder.

People will build different products and services on top of it because of the affiliate incentives built into the system.

That's how I understand it.

Offline twitter

• View Profile
I found following  post in reddit  any comments ?

I have spent a lot of time researching Bitshares. While I'm no finance expert, there is one thing I am convinced about: Bitshares is complicated.
In an attempt to make the concept accessible, one is told to think about it as opening and closing positions in a never-ending futures market, where there is no requirement to take delivery. Bitshares is an extrapolation of what is known as a prediction market, a concept that has been around since the 1940's. But Bitshares is not a classic prediction market, which is defined by a specific point in time when the game is over and the winners and losers are known. It is an extrapolation of the prediction market -- a substantial and likely unproven extrapolation. That's why the red flag is raised for me: Why hasn't the Bitshares model been implemented on a centralized exchange at some point in the past 50 years? The presence of an anonymous, decentralized exchange is NOT a core requirement for the concept.
Warren Buffet will not invest in anything he doesn't understand. I'd advise anyone who is interested in investing in Bitshares to think it through very carefully and convince yourself you know how it works and that the market will accept it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/ethereum/comments/1x8it3/what_is_the_difference_between_bitshares_and/cfaweo8
witness: