Author Topic: Ethereum price discussion  (Read 143352 times)

Offline Blazin8888

Is it true we are going to see a huge bull run in ETH over the next month?

I am very very bullish on ETH over the next little while. I think we may set new ATH records as we see the price of BTC skyrocket this month. This month should be a great month for us all in Bitshares, Bitcoin and Ethereum. These are very exciting times.

Offline Louis

I got it to send Ether instead of Wei. Thanks Liondani, for your help.

Offline Louis

I think I got it, I just found this:

eth.sendTransaction({from: '0x036a03fc47084741f83938296a1c8ef67f6e34fa', to: '0xa8ade7feab1ece71446bed25fa0cf6745c19c3d5', value: web3.toWei(1, "ether")})

This should work, I will try it now. I will report back once I try it and get the funds in my account.

I hope this will help someone.

Offline Louis

I I remember right there is a minimum. But I am sure you don't loose what you sent,it is just  like pending.Another thing is that you will not have problem sending 5 ethers :D
I did that many times in past to check if the transaction will happen  ;)

Ok I think I know what my problem is, apparently I am sending wei and not ether. The minimum ether to send to Poloniex is 0.05. That is why is not showing up on my Poloniex account.

The command I used to send one wei is:   
Code: [Select]
eth.sendTransaction({from: 'MyEtherAccount', to: 'MyPoloniexAccount', value: 1})

If I go to the blockchain I do see all the transactions in wei (7 wei total, 1 ether is like 1,000,000,000,000,000,000 wei)   ::)

My question now is how do I send ether instead of wei?

Thanks
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 07:26:58 pm by Louis »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I I remember right there is a minimum. But I am sure you don't loose what you sent,it is just  like pending.Another thing is that you will not have problem sending 5 ethers :D
I did that many times in past to check if the transaction will happen  ;)

Offline Louis

PS else you must install frontier and insert on the frontier console a command like this:

geth console (wait the wallet to sync before going to the next step_)
web3.eth.sendTransaction({from: 'yourpresaleaccountaddress', to: 'poloniexdepositetheraddress', value: web3.toWei(1000, 'ether')});

if you want to sent 1000 ethers for example and then you will be asked for your password....

I have tried sending 1 ether to my Poloniex ether account using geth. The transaction went through fine, I can see the balance on the Poloniex account using geth command that it does have 1 ether. However when I go to my Poloniex account it does not show, I have doubled check the account number and it's the same. Is there a minimum amount for it to show on Poloniex, do you know? Or how long before it shows up on my Poloniex account? I have done this about 5 hours ago.

have you tried to contact support? https://poloniex.com/support/faq
How can I contact support?

Before contacting support, we encourage everyone to check out @Poloniex on Twitter for the latest news and announcements.

To contact support, go to poloniex.freshdesk.com and open a ticket. You will be prompted for the details we need to address your issue. Our goal is to get back to you as soon as possible, typically within 24 hours.

Thank you, I just opened up a ticket with Poloniex.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
PS else you must install frontier and insert on the frontier console a command like this:

web3.eth.sendTransaction({from: 'yourpresaleaccountaddress', to: 'poloniexdepositetheraddress', value: web3.toWei(1000, 'ether')});

if you want to sent 1000 ethers for example and then you will be asked for your password....

I have tried sending 1 ether to my Poloniex ether account using geth. The transaction went through fine, I can see the balance on the Poloniex account using geth command that it does have 1 ether. However when I go to my Poloniex account it does not show, I have doubled check the account number and it's the same. Is there a minimum amount for it to show on Poloniex, do you know? Or how long before it shows up on my Poloniex account? I have done this about 5 hours ago.

have you tried to contact support? https://poloniex.com/support/faq
How can I contact support?

Before contacting support, we encourage everyone to check out @Poloniex on Twitter for the latest news and announcements.

To contact support, go to poloniex.freshdesk.com and open a ticket. You will be prompted for the details we need to address your issue. Our goal is to get back to you as soon as possible, typically within 24 hours.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Louis

Offline Louis

Thanks Liondani,

That's great help, indeed. Just what I was looking for.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
thanks for answering, 

what I need to know is how to get my ether to Poloniex or Metaexchange

if you don't want to install geth (frontier) and use commands to transfer your ethers
the easiest way is to transfer your ethers to kraken exhange  using this
web-tool  https://www.kraken.com/ether and then selling there your ethers for BTC and moving them to any other exchange you want.... (yep poloniex is brilliant) and buy your bts there and  then transfer them to your bts wallet so you don't miss the snapshot and the sharedrop 1:1 to bts2.0 (graphene) tokens  ;)

« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 02:38:02 am by liondani »

Offline Louis

thanks for answering, 

what I need to know is how to get my ether to Poloniex or Metaexchange

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
Hello Ethereum pros,

how can I buy BTS using my pre-sale ether account. Any instructions or links will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

I guess you would need to convert to BTC first. You can also use

https://metaexchange.info/markets/ETH/BTC
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Hello Ethereum pros,

how can I buy BTS using my pre-sale ether account. Any instructions or links will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

I dont know anything about Ether accounts, but I guess you sell your Ether at an exchange for BTC, and buy BTS? poloniex.com has liquid BTC->ETH/BTS markets.

Offline Louis

Hello Ethereum pros,

Thanks,

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Poor Augur investors...

They that paid  with ether I suppose you mean ....

Yes those that paid 0.007 for ETH and put it in Augur.